Avena Sativa

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
This stuff was in pretty much every test booster few years ago and now in most newer products it is left out but AN has it in their 2nd Gear product so it piqued my curiosity about this stuff again.

Few years ago I picked up 300 grams of the bulk 10:1 powder from a certain website with a green and black layout and use it along with generic 6oxo.It did give a decent boost in vascularity and libido but soon as I started the 6oxo it killed the libido along with my joints :(.

I am going to start taking it again.When i used it I took 3 grams spread out into 2 doses and I was wondering is anyone else using Avena Sativa.I would like to know how you are dosing it.

I am going to stack it with SuperPump,Incarnate and a ZMA/Trib product called Z-Force and staples like CM and Taurine.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive used it. if your so interested pubmed it and find studies. do this with everything you take...and 6-oxo doesnt lower estrogen the way most atd's and ai's do. blame your libido on something else 6-oxo just doesnt work that way. Once you get just a basic knowledge of how hormones, estrogen, testostrone, the whole human body works Ive been studying this for seven years now and still have much to learn.

anyways I cant say for certain it does work. I used to go by what I heard and whatnot now Im all about studies. If I cannot beleive it 100 % works from the studies done on it I dotn bother with it. It may work id rather be 100 % sure of something that its d$%^ sure going to work.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your response.I do look at Pubmed and try to find studies I was just interested in other peoples opinions on the stuff.

6oxo can hurt libido,anything that lowers Estrogen can have a negative effect on libido as Estrogen plays an important part,not to mention low Estrogen will also dry out joints...

6oxo does work it just seemed to work a little bit too much in my case.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah I didnt find much on avena sativa as well.

6-oxo lowers estogen maybe minimally and maybe not as all it does not elimate it like most of the so called ai's. do a little more research on it and youll know what im talking about. it does riase dht a significant degree like 180-200 % at three caps and like 265 % 6 caps. it increases test as well in the study . I beleive its on pubmed this was the study done at Baylor University Im thinking correct me if Im wrong and Im too lazy to pull it up right now .

in the study three caps works jhust about as good at boosting test than 6 capsules and 6 capsules only boosted testostrone a couple more percenages higher than 3 caps and riased dht like 100 % more(at 265) than the 3 capsules

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read tons of positive reviews on this powder. Haven't seen anything negative at all. Its in almost every "libido" or "performance enhancer" product on the market.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using it for a few days now and have got to say its great. Definitely boosts enerygy and awareness!. Read a lot of reviews and experiences before I purchased this powder and none negative. Not a bad price for it either. Just search on Nutraplanet.com for "Avena Sativa" and you will find all the products that carry it. Too bad Nutra doesn't carry the powder though.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
.and 6-oxo doesnt lower estrogen the way most atd's and ai's do.
Huh? :think:

6-OXO - Suicide Inhibitor
ATD - Suicide Inhibitor

Both bind to aromatase and excrete it. Obviously there are some MAJOR differences between the two, but both essentially work via the same pathway.

Adams

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Huh? :think:

6-OXO - Suicide Inhibitor
ATD - Suicide Inhibitor

Both bind to aromatase and excrete it. Obviously there are some MAJOR differences between the two, but both essentially work via the same pathway.

Adams
yes there are MAJOR difference between the two thus they work way different. 6-oxo works by minimally reducing estogren and in a totally different way. atd causes estrogen to majorally go way down to the bottom of the barrell!

reference Effects of eight weeks of an alleged aromatase inh...[J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007] - PubMed Result

as far as testosterone booth boosts testosterone as the Hypothalamus senses lower estrogen and raises tesosterone. 6-oxo works in a MAJOR different way and is way better imho.

of course one can do low dosed atd; however, most people dont know this and mess themselves up while using it high dosed.

Look at the rat study on castrated rats and 6-oxo which clearly shows it does not raise test and dht if a person doesnt have testicles. ATd may indeed though.

6-oxo works more in tune and naturally with the body than atd.

wontdie

wontdie

Awards
  • Established
i have a bottle of "Wild Oats" from GNC lying around, and i use it from time to time when i remember. It makes me feel "good". Dunno how to describe the feeling :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes there are MAJOR difference between the two thus they work way different. 6-oxo works by minimally reducing estogren and in a totally different way. atd causes estrogen to majorally go way down to the bottom of the barrell!

reference Effects of eight weeks of an alleged aromatase inh...[J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2007] - PubMed Result

as far as testosterone booth boosts testosterone as the Hypothalamus senses lower estrogen and raises tesosterone. 6-oxo works in a MAJOR different way and is way better imho.

of course one can do low dosed atd; however, most people dont know this and mess themselves up while using it high dosed.

Look at the rat study on castrated rats and 6-oxo which clearly shows it does not raise test and dht if a person doesnt have testicles. ATd may indeed though.

6-oxo works more in tune and naturally with the body than atd.
What do rats with no nuts have to do with anything?

6-OXO binds to aromatase, ATD binds to aromatase, ATD only has a stronger affinity. There is nothing naturally in tune about it.

ATD has a metabolite that gives a false positive for test, hence the astronomical numbers reported from blood tests.

Both raises test by the negative feedback loop, both have a ceiling, and both have different half lives, only ATD can bind to andro receptors as well.

But I digress... suicidal inhibitor is a suicide inhibitor.

Adams

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What do rats with no nuts have to do with anything?

6-OXO binds to aromatase, ATD binds to aromatase, ATD only has a stronger affinity. There is nothing naturally in tune about it.

ATD has a metabolite that gives a false positive for test, hence the astronomical numbers reported from blood tests.

Both raises test by the negative feedback loop, both have a ceiling, and both have different half lives, only ATD can bind to andro receptors as well.

But I digress... suicidal inhibitor is a suicide inhibitor.

Adams
Rats with no nuts arnt effected. rats with nuts are. 6-oxo shouldnt work on people with no balls, atd hasnt been tested in this regard or has it?

.If atd binds to androgen receptors that could mean it causes effect in test and dht in no nuts people I havent seen the studies on this though I have seen the study on 6-oxo not influencing male characterics in castrated rats. I couldn't find the study and too lazy to look I know its there

atd causes a false boldione(equipose?) if I remember right. do you compete in Natural bodybuilding competition Dadams or in any sport organization that would require testing?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rats with no nuts arnt effected. rats with nuts are. 6-oxo shouldnt work on people with no balls, atd hasnt been tested in this regard or has it?

.If atd binds to androgen receptors that could mean it causes effect in test and dht in no nuts people I havent seen the studies on this though I have seen the study on 6-oxo not influencing male characterics in castrated rats. I couldn't find the study and too lazy to look I know its there

atd causes a false boldione(equipose?) if I remember right. do you compete in Natural bodybuilding competition Dadams or in any sport organization that would require testing?
No i do not compete.

ATD and Bold do share a common metabolite, but ATD also tests positive for Test... which is why ALRI was hammered with their bunk 2K test blood tests.

Again, why are we discussing no nuts, this has no bearing on anyone here. I don't believe anyone here is castrated, plus it does not matter the influence on human.

ATD binding to the andro receptor means that real androgens DO NOT, thus any test increase becomes somewhat null. Like taking a SERM to keep from harmful estro binding.

I do not know where you are going with your logic.. but I dont know why you care if people with nuts are getting use out of a compound... bottom line, both are suicide inhibitors, and both work in via the same type of pathway, but pretty much one is much stronger than the other.

Adams

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No i do not compete.

ATD and Bold do share a common metabolite, but ATD also tests positive for Test... which is why ALRI was hammered with their bunk 2K test blood tests.

Again, why are we discussing no nuts, this has no bearing on anyone here. I don't believe anyone here is castrated, plus it does not matter the influence on human.

ATD binding to the andro receptor means that real androgens DO NOT, thus any test increase becomes somewhat null. Like taking a SERM to keep from harmful estro binding.

I do not know where you are going with your logic.. but I dont know why you care if people with nuts are getting use out of a compound... bottom line, both are suicide inhibitors, and both work in via the same type of pathway, but pretty much one is much stronger than the other.

Adams
atd is stronger in decreasing estrogen 6 oxo is not. That is the only difference I know of which is a huge difference to myself because everyone needs some estrogen. yes estrogen is benifical.

they both increase testosterone to about the same levels right D?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
they both increase testosterone to about the same levels right D?
This is the question that should be asked in the end for sure... but unfortunately since ATD gives false positives on blood serum tests, it cannot be definitively answered. I have used both, and mad gains on both. Both added a leaning effect (Drying) and strength, but ATD made me feel about 10x worse, but could very well be increasing test more... sorta a give and take situation for sure.

Adams

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is the question that should be asked in the end for sure... but unfortunately since ATD gives false positives on blood serum tests, it cannot be definitively answered. I have used both, and mad gains on both. Both added a leaning effect (Drying) and strength, but ATD made me feel about 10x worse, but could very well be increasing test more... sorta a give and take situation for sure.

Adams
Ive used both as well.

atd made me feel terrible, more aggressive but felt like siht. joints ached, libido not right

6-oxo felt more aggressive when i did but didnt have the horrible side effects.

I think its the fact that 6-oxo minimally decreases estogen levels and atd basically elimates it completely high dosed like I did and most people do!

no estrogen= feeling like ish

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I used the bulk Avena as I mentioned in my post for about 2 weeks,I noticed increased libido and a little more vascularity but that is about it.I'd probably have to use it longer and without anything else to really guage it's effects.

It's pretty cheap though so it's worth a pick up just to try out.I'll use the rest later on down the road.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used the bulk Avena as I mentioned in my post for about 2 weeks,I noticed increased libido and a little more vascularity but that is about it.I'd probably have to use it longer and without anything else to really guage it's effects.

It's pretty cheap though so it's worth a pick up just to try out.I'll use the rest later on down the road.
There are studies that show it binds to SBHG, thus increasing the amount of free testosterone... in the same fashion as AcTivate does.

Adams

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
There are studies that show it binds to SBHG, thus increasing the amount of free testosterone... in the same fashion as AcTivate does.

Adams
I've never read any studies but freeing bound test is what it's advertised for.I really love Divanil though,I know that stuff works great.I used Activate Xtreme 2 bottles back to back and had great results.Strength,muscle gain,vascularity and I felt increase aggressiveness but not in a negative "punch anyone who makes you angry" way.

I will have to look for the studies on Avena Sativa.It works for libido I can say that much.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never read any studies but freeing bound test is what it's advertised for.I really love Divanil though,I know that stuff works great.I used Activate Xtreme 2 bottles back to back and had great results.Strength,muscle gain,vascularity and I felt increase aggressiveness but not in a negative "punch anyone who makes you angry" way.

I will have to look for the studies on Avena Sativa.It works for libido I can say that much.
I looked up the study, but it took me a long time to find it. Soooo, finding it again doesn't sound like fun! :D But yeah, obviously it isn't as aggressive as divinil, but it definitely has some of the effects showing through, just quite subtle. Then again, we haven't seen the right research on the Avenocides, at the right potency. It could be very well that only one of the two avenocides do anything at all.

Adams

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Avena Sativa is also excellent for Stress. Really helps me to relax and concentrate, also helps with sleep. I've been taking 2-3 grams 3 times a day for about 2 weeks now.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I looked up the study, but it took me a long time to find it. Soooo, finding it again doesn't sound like fun! :D But yeah, obviously it isn't as aggressive as divinil, but it definitely has some of the effects showing through, just quite subtle. Then again, we haven't seen the right research on the Avenocides, at the right potency. It could be very well that only one of the two avenocides do anything at all.

Adams
I wonder how a stack of Avena Sativa 10:1 and Divanil would be.Might have to try it out sometime.

Here is a study on how Avenanthramide from Oats(Avena Sativa) can increase nitric oxide.
http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/Publications.htm?seq_no_115=177702

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Avena Sativa is also excellent for Stress. Really helps me to relax and concentrate, also helps with sleep. I've been taking 2-3 grams 3 times a day for about 2 weeks now.
Wow so you take at least 6 grams of it a day? I only used about 3 grams.Where did you get the AS from and is it 10:1 extract?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow so you take at least 6 grams of it a day? I only used about 3 grams.Where did you get the AS from and is it 10:1 extract?
Yes I take at least 6 grams a day, which is the recommended dosage. I purchased it over at BN. Yes its the 10:1 extract.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Yes I take at least 6 grams a day, which is the recommended dosage. I purchased it over at BN. Yes its the 10:1 extract.
My BN container just says serving size: 1500mg 1-3 times daily.Might have to bump up the amount I take next time.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yep thats whats on my container also, I don't know why I have been using 2 grams 3 times a day instead of 1.5. I did spend a lot of time "googling" avena sativa and I am pretty sure thats where I got the 2 grams 3 times a day. Anyway it is pretty good stuff, gives a boost of what can only be descibed as "Steady Energy". Nothing like caffine, ephedrine hcl or the like. Also helps me concentrate.

Imeniaan

Awards
  • Established
Yep thats whats on my container also, I don't know why I have been using 2 grams 3 times a day instead of 1.5. I did spend a lot of time "googling" avena sativa and I am pretty sure thats where I got the 2 grams 3 times a day. Anyway it is pretty good stuff, gives a boost of what can only be descibed as "Steady Energy". Nothing like caffine, ephedrine hcl or the like. Also helps me concentrate.
bump, did it enhance your libido?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your response.I do look at Pubmed and try to find studies I was just interested in other peoples opinions on the stuff.

6oxo can hurt libido,anything that lowers Estrogen can have a negative effect on libido as Estrogen plays an important part,not to mention low Estrogen will also dry out joints...

Are you stating this as personal experience? I have used it and it boosted my libido significantly and did not dry out joints. What your probsbly talking about is overuse sides.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
At any given time, I've got some pimples on my face. Since avena sativa free's test, as apposed to actually boosting it, would it affect my acne.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established

Every time I use a performance supplement that isn't a general health supplement, I end up regretting it. From now on, it's just nutrition and hard work for me.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
Gotdamn, posted this 13 years ago 🤣🤣🤣

I still have some of that avena sativa somewhere. I guess the consensus is that AS didnt work too well?

I see a green oat extract called neuravena from a few companies. Supposed to function well as a nootropic.