preworkout supps and upset stomachs...

mweaver84

Awards
Lately my preworkout supps have been giving me an upset stomach and making me feel like sh*t at the gym. Right now I am taking RPM... I usually go workout first thing in my morning so my stomach is completely empty when I take it. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem... should I have a small snack or something before taking RPM?:dunno:

My bottle is over half empty and plan on trying Jack3d after its empty... but in the mean time I guess I'll try lowering my dosage, taking 4 right now, 3 doesn't seem to very much for me but think it might help my stomach a lil...

just looking to see if anyone else has had this problem or has a solution...

:thanks:

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I have the same problem - yes. I found eating half a banana while taking the supps or 10-20 minutes before taking the supps helped alot.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I get it every so often when starting new stims. RPM did it to me again this morning but it never really hits me til im done lifting. Overall it goes away with continued use for me and the effects of RPM build into it being worth it once they diminish.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
What I would recommend man, is lay off the pre workout supps for awhile. Alot of us love tossing down these pills and drinks like they wont be here tomorrow. Fact is we pay little attention to our stomachs themselves. Think about the crazy crap you are putting in it, that it wont normally be seeing. Give it awhile to calm down, settle. Increase yogurt and fruit intake, avoid spicy things for awhile as well.

Every part of our body can be worn down to a breaking point if you dont give it a chance to rest.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i eat those natural valley garnola bars a bannana and my pre workout supplement thats tons of carbs and tons of energy and i dont feel hungry or anything so i think u should be good if u eat a lil bit.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good posting by Zero tbh.

We automatically assume its the supps, whereas it could be our internal processes giving us a message.

ddb08001

ddb08001

Awards
that used to happen to me to, i actually eat a half banana before and half right after i take the supp. its helped me

mweaver84

Awards
thnx for the replies guys, ate half a croissant along with my RPM and no upset stomach today!!! :woohoo: felt alot better and also did PR for incline dumbbells for me today 85x9, previous was 85x4 (i know its not too much but hey im 6'2 and skinny :p ). next time ill have to go for 90s. thnx for the suggestions and help!! hopefully eating a small snack will continue to help!