creatine during bulk or cut? - AnabolicMinds.com

creatine during bulk or cut?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

creatine during bulk or cut?

Most people cycle on and off creatine, and I always assumed it was better to use creatine during a bulking phase and then take a break from it whilst cutting. However, yesterday someone at the gym told me that since you are doing higher reps during a cutting phase the creatine will have more effect and be more usefull.

Is this true? How do most people cycle it?

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

It can be used on a bulk or cut, yes. Cycling is not required as is purely done by choice.
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  3. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Use creatine 24/7/265

Quote Originally Posted by elliotuk View Post
    Most people cycle on and off creatine, and I always assumed it was better to use creatine during a bulking phase and then take a break from it whilst cutting. However, yesterday someone at the gym told me that since you are doing higher reps during a cutting phase the creatine will have more effect and be more usefull.

Is this true? How do most people cycle it?
    IMO, creatine should be used as a STAPLE for anyone doing resistance training (since resistance training is an anaerobic exercise, and creatine supplementation helps replenish the body's phosphocreatine stores). Cycling creatine is a preference thing, since it does NOT have to be done (and I personally NEVER cycle it, but use it every day, resistance training or not). Whether you are bulking or cutting makes no difference as to whether you use creatine or not; you should be using it for AND and ALL body goals.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Ive just read in a few places things like "your gains can begin to diminish over time because your body simply gets accustomed to the higher levels of creatine" and that "you should take a couple of weeks off every 2 months for the sake of receptor attenuation".

Do most people here not cycle it then?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.

It's a staple for me...no cycling
  6. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Its a staple for me but I do cycle it
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  7. UKStrength

I cycle it but it can be used during a bulk or cut (8 weeks on 4 off).
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Not necessary to cycle. I have actually like its effects better during a cutting phase because that's when you're lower on energy and glycogen levels. It will helps with training and strength in a cutting phase.
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Ive just read in a few places things like "your gains can begin to diminish over time because your body simply gets accustomed to the higher levels of creatine" and that "you should take a couple of weeks off every 2 months for the sake of receptor attenuation".

Do most people here not cycle it then?
    The reason behind cycling may simply be to try and stimulate a greater effect, since if you cycle off, cycling back 'on' can almost cause the effect of a loading phase, where the goal is to increase the muscle creatine concentration by 20% from resting levels (Burke, et al., 2006; Harris, et al., 1992).

However, the muscles have a creatine threshold of ~150-160 mmol/kg dw. In the absence of supplementation (i.e. cycling off), the muscle creatine concentration returns to resting levels in 4-5 weeks (Burke, et al., 2006; Hultman, et al., 1996).

Most peole cycle creatine off for only 1-2 weeks; which is not effective at bringing their muscle creatine levels back to baseline. For those who DO cycle creatine, the most effective method would be to do 8-12 weeks on and 4 weeks off.

However, as mentioned, there is NO need to cycle creatine, as gains do NOT diminish over time, especially if you are doing intensive daily exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Not necessary to cycle. I have actually like its effects better during a cutting phase because that's when you're lower on energy and glycogen levels. It will helps with training and strength in a cutting phase.
    Actually creatine has better effects when one IS using higher carbohydrates (CHO). Creatine accumulation in the muscle is ENHANCED by coingestion of at least 75-100g of CHO (Green, et al., 1996); and it may also enhance muscle glycogen storage (Burke, et al., 2006).

Creatine helps with "training and strength" no matter WHAT "phase" one is in, as it allows an enhanced ability to undergo resistance training and [repeated] high-intensity exercise; which makes for performance gains.

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

ok thanks, you sound like you know what youre talking about Guejsn so think i'll just keep taking it as a staple then, cheers.
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

ok thanks, you sound like you know what youre talking about Guejsn so think i'll just keep taking it as a staple then, cheers.
    No worries, mate. Part of my degree was in general and sports nutrition; and my specialty areas are nutrition and training.

12. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.

Every day use, especially in the summer to keep the skin healthy.
  13. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    IMO, creatine should be used as a STAPLE for anyone doing resistance training (since resistance trainign is an anaerobic exercise, and creatine supplementation helps replenish the body's phosphocreatine stores). Cycling creatine is a preference thing, since it does NOT have to be done (and I personally NEVER cycle it, but use it every day, resistance training or not). Whether you are bulking or cutting makes no difference as to whether you use creatine or not; you should be using it for AND and ALL body goals.
    I agree.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bulk Creatine Nitrate
    By custom in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 456
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 09:36 AM
  2. Bulk Creatine
    By Blacktail in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 08:18 PM
  3. bulk creatine
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1