Alright to run my second bottle of Lean Xtreme?

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
From January 09 to now I have finished one bottle of Recreate and one bottle of Lean Xtreme. I was wondering if I can go ahead and run my second bottle of Lean Xtreme or would it be better to go off for a month then run it? I heard LX can be ran 8 weeks straight, but I was just wondering if there has been enough cortisol modulation because Recreate has some cortisol reducing properties but not like LX.

If I should take 4 weeks off from LX, I was thinking of running either Mitotropin, Thyrocuts II or EC for 4 weeks to keep this cut going and then run LX for another 4 weeks. So far I have been slimming down ok but I know I can do some damage before the summer. What would be the best route?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Hmm cant really answer you question but just remember hormones will rebound if they are surpressed long enough.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would take the 4 weeks off then hammer it. You still got time before the heart of summer gets here.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Why would hormones rebound from Lean Xtreme?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
yes why?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
take time off.

Cortisol rebound is WICKED.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
so then would it be beneficial to sort of ween yourself off. instead of stopping a bottle cold turkey

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
so then would it be beneficial to sort of ween yourself off. instead of stopping a bottle cold turkey

IMO.

Any cortisol suppressing cycle over 4 weeks i would use the following tapering dosing protocol.

Caps 3, 2, 1 ED last 3 weeks.

Maximum run would be 8 weeks, including the last 3 tapered.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Is that due to the 7-OH or the 5AT in the LX? There should be no problem due to the PS, I'm just wondering what is actually "suppressing" the cortisol. I didn't think it was a hormonal product moreso than a natural test booster is. That being said, it shouldn't cause a rebound...

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Is that due to the 7-OH or the 5AT in the LX? There should be no problem due to the PS, I'm just wondering what is actually "suppressing" the cortisol. I didn't think it was a hormonal product moreso than a natural test booster is. That being said, it shouldn't cause a rebound...
To be frank, I dont know the science. Just the real world reponse of cortisol control and rebound. I have actual experience and word of mouth advice that i listen to.

Most DS and AX reps will recommend no more then 8 weeks without a break.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
To be frank, I dont know the science. Just the real world reponse of cortisol control and rebound. I have actual experience and word of mouth advice that i listen to.

Most DS and AX reps will recommend no more then 8 weeks without a break.
This is incorrect. DS officially recommends 4 weeks on, and then a break of at least 4 weeks. They never recommend 8 weeks.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
This is incorrect. DS officially recommends 4 weeks on, and then a break of at least 4 weeks. They never recommend 8 weeks.
really. thats funny.

DS rep.

"You could probably get away with running it up to 6 weeks, but I'd just stick to 4 weeks on, 4 off."

found this in just a 5 minute search.

I know for a fact I have seen them state no more than 8 weeks. May have been Designer Supps, Not Driven Sports.

If I ran it past 4 weeks, I would use a tapering protocol as suggested above.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I know for a fact I have seen them state no more than 8 weeks.
Ding, ding, ding!! We have a winner!! I would strongly not go more than 8 weeks, cortisol rebound has the potential to be very wicked indeed. A body wants homeostasis, and it's always going to try and attain that. Once the barrier is gone, it's going to over-compensate, until at some point things get back to relatively normal, whenever that is. Lean Extreme is some-what hormonal, phospahtidylserine is a better choice if your wanting something in the non-hormonal department. Actually, the new version of Lean Extreme has it in now, under the Driven Sports moniker. Either way, I love Lean Extreme and recommend it. Ialso agree with the weening off of it, works well for me.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
For arguments sake.

I stand corrected. DS Lean Xtreme FAQ. 4 weeks is probably safer, and officially recommended per se. But the bold print indicates more than 4 weeks can be ran.

Lean Xtreme? FAQ

Q. Does Lean Xtreme? need to be cycled?

A. No, but like all supplements, we recommend you cycle in and out of use to maintain enzyme responsiveness and for general economical reasoning.

Q. What is the recommended dosing for Lean Xtreme??

A. One capsule 2-4 times per day. Start low to assess tolerance.

Q. What is a good protocol for Lean Xtreme??

A. Dosing will vary among individuals, so the following is a basic 3 caps per day layout:

? 1 cap upon waking
? 1 cap before training
? 1 cap before bed

Those who wish to bump dosing to 4 caps per day can space the four doses out evenly over the course of a day.

Q. Can I double dose the product?

A. We don't recommend it. Why? Because you won't need that much. It is that good.

Q. How long can I use it for?

A. We recommend four week cycles, but extended courses are likely managable by more experienced lifters/athletes.

Q. Will Lean Xtreme? lose effectiveness over time?

A. There is nothing to suggest this to be the case. But longer cycles are certainly more likely to induce adaptation and loss of efficacy.

Q. Can I stack it with creatine?

A. Yep. As well as pretty much anything in the DS lineup or the lineups of many other fine companies. The versatility of Lean Xtreme is one of its MANY highlights.

Q. Does it matter if taken with or without food?

A. No.

Q. Does Lean Xtreme? help you gain strength?

A. The effect of the forskolin may very well assist with strength gains, but there?s no guarantee. Lean Xtreme? is first a foremost a body recompositioning tool.

Q. Do you think Lean Xtreme? would be strong enough to retain muscle while cutting?

A. Providing your diet is solid and your training not excessive, certainly.

Q. Do I need to taper Lean Xtreme? down at the end of the cycle?

A. It is not necessary, no. If it makes you feel better, however, you can taper down.

Q. I?m bulking. What benefit does Lean Xtreme? have to offer? And what dosing protocol is relevant for me in this situation?

A. As I?m sure you?ve already read the write-up available on the website, we?ll reiterate the benefits as cortisol control (and thus, muscle retention) and reduction is unwanted fat gain, given a well regulated diet. Normally during the bulking environment, cortisol is not considered an issue due to the net anabolic effect, however it can still be considered as a two steps forward, one step back approach. Making use of Lean Xtreme? during bulking phases removes the one step back, allowing you progress at an accelerated rate.

Q. I've heard LX can affect your thyroid. How does it do this?

A. Indirectly, through cortisol suppression, 7-OH can help re-establish typical levels of thyroid output. In addition, the inclusion of forskolin appears to help promote thyroid output.

Q. Can women use Lean Xtreme??

A. There are anti-estrogenic properties of 7-OH that can effect menstrual cycles and birth control, so it?s a good idea for sexually-active women to use condoms.

Other than that, it is cool.

Q. I have a medical condition, is it ok for me to use Lean Xtreme??

A. Always check with your GP/physician before using the product

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the response guys. Kristofer, one thing I don't get about that FAQ is the first question lol. "Does it need to cycled? No but..." and then couple questions down they recommend you cycle it for 4 weeks at a time. Are you telling me that I wouldn't need to cycle LX, but only that DS recommends it for other benefits?

I dunno about that because cortisol supps should definitely be cycled, hence why I made this thread. I've just heard some people go two months at a time so I thought I'd ask.

Outside Backer, I totally didn't think about tapering with my past bottle. I just did 3 ED for 30 days; I'm going to taper with my next run.

Kristofer I see your last three weeks, but how many caps would you be running for the first week?

Also, I'm hoping a DS rep can chime in for this but how hormonal is LX? I was under the impression that LX isn't considered hormonal. But if it acts on cortisol (stress hormone) and it can cause some problems if suppressed for too long, then isn't it hormonal? 7-OH is a metabolite, are they not considered hormonal compounds? As for 5AT, I can't find much info on it other than it being a terrific immune system regulator; didn't find any concrete info saying if its a steroid or not. I only ask because I'd like to stay as natty as possible, LX has been the "hardest" supp I've taken so far and really don't want to go any further than that. Not only because it works so well for me but the fact that I know it's specifically cortisol that it helps with. I've come to realize my body can get very stressed out from me overtraining from time to time, cortisol being one of the main reasons why my results hinder, especially when trying to cut lbs. I can truthfully say LX has delivered when EVERY other stimulant fat burner didn't. What had happened was stims got my body so overworked that cortisol shot up and did not want to leave. Sure I lost weight maybe for the first couple of weeks but as soon as I got to end of a bottle, I'd hit a NASTY "rebound" even on a reduced cal diet, that "rebound" being cortisol.

I cut out stims, my body was feeling and looking better. I added LX, boom, body starts leaning out, with great emphasis on my midsection as well maintaining good strength and even improving on some lifts, all on a maintenance to reduced calorie routine, more on the reduced lines. NO OTHER SUPPIE DELIVERED LIKE LX, as far as results go respectively. I can only imagine what this thing can do on a bulk.

Now I've figured out how my body responds with stims so I know how to approach them this time. So my question is, would there be a problem with running a stim for the next 4 weeks on a 3-day carb cycling routine? OR should I instead get up on a ton of bulk EAAs, PS, Propionyl L-Carnitine and possibly bulk Forskolin since I've already had two runs with fat-burners? (Recreate and LX) I don't see a problem with running a stim now, only because stims and cortisol supps work in different mechanisms, yes? Stims being thermogenic and LX working on cortisol. The only thing I'm concerned about is the rebound when I'm off LX, which is why I ask if adding a stim next would cause that.

I'll take the next 4-6 weeks off from LX, but what would be some good supps to keep this cut going? So far bulk amino acids are a must, propionyl l-carnitine sounds interesting (I've ran DCP before and thought it was a solid product) and I'm highly considering phosphatidyl serine. I want to keep the supplements to as low as possible but try and have them all be effective. I'm also going to be finishing up Anabolic Pump while off LX. This will help me guage AP even better since LX I believe had a lot to do with my results, although I must say Anabolic Pump has been working QUITE WELL for me.

All feedbacks appreciated, thanks.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
running a stimulant (like regular caffiene) untill lean extreme sounds fine. You can take the stimulant break when you do lean extreme.

DrivenSports is not a company here on anabolicminds.wish they were .

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
DrivenSports is not a company here on anabolicminds.wish they were .
Yeah, second that, they were when they were Designer Supplements.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I believe this is for the designer version. The driven version has changed the capsule technology for extended release and all DS reps (and the owner/formulater Matt Cahill) now toe the line at 4 weeks.

For arguments sake.

I stand corrected. DS Lean Xtreme FAQ. 4 weeks is probably safer, and officially recommended per se. But the bold print indicates more than 4 weeks can be ran.

Lean Xtreme? FAQ

Q. Does Lean Xtreme? need to be cycled?

A. No, but like all supplements, we recommend you cycle in and out of use to maintain enzyme responsiveness and for general economical reasoning.

Q. What is the recommended dosing for Lean Xtreme??

A. One capsule 2-4 times per day. Start low to assess tolerance.

Q. What is a good protocol for Lean Xtreme??

A. Dosing will vary among individuals, so the following is a basic 3 caps per day layout:

? 1 cap upon waking
? 1 cap before training
? 1 cap before bed

Those who wish to bump dosing to 4 caps per day can space the four doses out evenly over the course of a day.

Q. Can I double dose the product?

A. We don't recommend it. Why? Because you won't need that much. It is that good.

Q. How long can I use it for?

A. We recommend four week cycles, but extended courses are likely managable by more experienced lifters/athletes.

Q. Will Lean Xtreme? lose effectiveness over time?

A. There is nothing to suggest this to be the case. But longer cycles are certainly more likely to induce adaptation and loss of efficacy.

Q. Can I stack it with creatine?

A. Yep. As well as pretty much anything in the DS lineup or the lineups of many other fine companies. The versatility of Lean Xtreme is one of its MANY highlights.

Q. Does it matter if taken with or without food?

A. No.

Q. Does Lean Xtreme? help you gain strength?

A. The effect of the forskolin may very well assist with strength gains, but there?s no guarantee. Lean Xtreme? is first a foremost a body recompositioning tool.

Q. Do you think Lean Xtreme? would be strong enough to retain muscle while cutting?

A. Providing your diet is solid and your training not excessive, certainly.

Q. Do I need to taper Lean Xtreme? down at the end of the cycle?

A. It is not necessary, no. If it makes you feel better, however, you can taper down.

Q. I?m bulking. What benefit does Lean Xtreme? have to offer? And what dosing protocol is relevant for me in this situation?

A. As I?m sure you?ve already read the write-up available on the website, we?ll reiterate the benefits as cortisol control (and thus, muscle retention) and reduction is unwanted fat gain, given a well regulated diet. Normally during the bulking environment, cortisol is not considered an issue due to the net anabolic effect, however it can still be considered as a two steps forward, one step back approach. Making use of Lean Xtreme? during bulking phases removes the one step back, allowing you progress at an accelerated rate.

Q. I've heard LX can affect your thyroid. How does it do this?

A. Indirectly, through cortisol suppression, 7-OH can help re-establish typical levels of thyroid output. In addition, the inclusion of forskolin appears to help promote thyroid output.

A. There are anti-estrogenic properties of 7-OH that can effect menstrual cycles and birth control, so it?s a good idea for sexually-active women to use condoms.

Q. I have a medical condition, is it ok for me to use Lean Xtreme??

A. Always check with your GP/physician before using the product

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
good info here looks like im gonna adjust my LX dosing

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate the response guys. Kristofer, one thing I don't get about that FAQ is the first question lol. "Does it need to cycled? No but..." and then couple questions down they recommend you cycle it for 4 weeks at a time. Are you telling me that I wouldn't need to cycle LX, but only that DS recommends it for other benefits?

I dunno about that because cortisol supps should definitely be cycled, hence why I made this thread. I've just heard some people go two months at a time so I thought I'd ask.

Outside Backer, I totally didn't think about tapering with my past bottle. I just did 3 ED for 30 days; I'm going to taper with my next run.

Kristofer I see your last three weeks, but how many caps would you be running for the first week?

Also, I'm hoping a DS rep can chime in for this but how hormonal is LX? I was under the impression that LX isn't considered hormonal. But if it acts on cortisol (stress hormone) and it can cause some problems if suppressed for too long, then isn't it hormonal? 7-OH is a metabolite, are they not considered hormonal compounds? As for 5AT, I can't find much info on it other than it being a terrific immune system regulator; didn't find any concrete info saying if its a steroid or not. I only ask because I'd like to stay as natty as possible, LX has been the "hardest" supp I've taken so far and really don't want to go any further than that. Not only because it works so well for me but the fact that I know it's specifically cortisol that it helps with. I've come to realize my body can get very stressed out from me overtraining from time to time, cortisol being one of the main reasons why my results hinder, especially when trying to cut lbs. I can truthfully say LX has delivered when EVERY other stimulant fat burner didn't. What had happened was stims got my body so overworked that cortisol shot up and did not want to leave. Sure I lost weight maybe for the first couple of weeks but as soon as I got to end of a bottle, I'd hit a NASTY "rebound" even on a reduced cal diet, that "rebound" being cortisol.

I cut out stims, my body was feeling and looking better. I added LX, boom, body starts leaning out, with great emphasis on my midsection as well maintaining good strength and even improving on some lifts, all on a maintenance to reduced calorie routine, more on the reduced lines. NO OTHER SUPPIE DELIVERED LIKE LX, as far as results go respectively. I can only imagine what this thing can do on a bulk.

Now I've figured out how my body responds with stims so I know how to approach them this time. So my question is, would there be a problem with running a stim for the next 4 weeks on a 3-day carb cycling routine? OR should I instead get up on a ton of bulk EAAs, PS, Propionyl L-Carnitine and possibly bulk Forskolin since I've already had two runs with fat-burners? (Recreate and LX) I don't see a problem with running a stim now, only because stims and cortisol supps work in different mechanisms, yes? Stims being thermogenic and LX working on cortisol. The only thing I'm concerned about is the rebound when I'm off LX, which is why I ask if adding a stim next would cause that.

I'll take the next 4-6 weeks off from LX, but what would be some good supps to keep this cut going? So far bulk amino acids are a must, propionyl l-carnitine sounds interesting (I've ran DCP before and thought it was a solid product) and I'm highly considering phosphatidyl serine. I want to keep the supplements to as low as possible but try and have them all be effective. I'm also going to be finishing up Anabolic Pump while off LX. This will help me guage AP even better since LX I believe had a lot to do with my results, although I must say Anabolic Pump has been working QUITE WELL for me.

All feedbacks appreciated, thanks.

Weeks 1-4 normal dosing protocol. Tapered doses for cycles run past 4 weeks.

Weeks 1-6 normal
Weeks 7 2 caps ED
Weeks 8 1 cap ED

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
lmao thanks kristofer. So 12 weeks huh? Wonder if thats specifically for Lean FX only though, cuz LX has 7-OH also. And thanks for clearing that dosing scheme, seems solid.

Either way I think more than 6 weeks at a time would be too long for me personally only because my joints sometimes do get rather sore and ache at times. Nothing that some cissus couldnt cover though so who knows. But I think i'm gonna go ahead and take some equal time off and then run either EC for three weeks with LX or Thyrotabs with LX.

For the break I'm just gonna get up on a ton of bulk amino acids and occasional caffeine 200mg.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
lmao thanks kristofer. So 12 weeks huh? Wonder if thats specifically for Lean FX only though, cuz LX has 7-OH also. And thanks for clearing that dosing scheme, seems solid.

Either way I think more than 6 weeks at a time would be too long for me personally only because my joints sometimes do get rather sore and ache at times. Nothing that some cissus couldnt cover though so who knows. But I think i'm gonna go ahead and take some equal time off and then run either EC for three weeks with LX or Thyrotabs with LX.

For the break I'm just gonna get up on a ton of bulk amino acids and occasional caffeine 200mg.
Yeah I would still cap the stack at 6-8 weeks. Taper after 4.....IMO.

BCAA are good for sure, cant go wrong with plain ol caffeine either. :bigok:

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I'm in agreement with the 6-8 weeks thing as well, it's good advice!!

Babylon1023

Awards

Whoa there. I heard about the BC issue, but what kinds of effects would it have on periods? Perhaps it was weight related (my wife is a good 100lbs overweight :() but she's had problems in the past where her body decided to skip periods every few months. Doctors initially thought it was PCOS but an ultrasound of her ovaries turned nothing up. Anyway, I was thinking LX stacked with a stim like Scorch or REDuction would help her out with her diet/exercise program, but are the anti-estrogenic effects worth worrying about if we rely on the Trojan man for baby protection? I just don't want to put her health at risk or anything. We want to have kinds in a few years which is great motivation to get the fat off.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whoa there. I heard about the BC issue, but what kinds of effects would it have on periods? Perhaps it was weight related (my wife is a good 100lbs overweight :() but she's had problems in the past where her body decided to skip periods every few months. Doctors initially thought it was PCOS but an ultrasound of her ovaries turned nothing up. Anyway, I was thinking LX stacked with a stim like Scorch or REDuction would help her out with her diet/exercise program, but are the anti-estrogenic effects worth worrying about if we rely on the Trojan man for baby protection? I just don't want to put her health at risk or anything. We want to have kinds in a few years which is great motivation to get the fat off.
Lean Xtreme could potentially cause her to miss periods. If she's had irregular periods for years (and if it's not PCOS, then could be something else, like an imbalance in hormones or her NOT eating enough), then you wouldn't know whether it was the Lean Xtreme or her body.

I actually used Lean Xtreme for 12 weeks (i.e. 3 bottles) and did not notice any difference in menstrual cycles; then again, I rarely have them (and BC is not an issue for me).

Lean Xtreme stacked with a stimulant is very effective for fat loss.

However, if she's 100lb overweight then she does NOT need fat burners at all! What she needs is to get her DIET sorted, and be exercising (resistance training is best for fat loss) regularly.