beta alanine

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
is anybody else completely void of the tingling sensation when taking beta alanine. i just can't get it to happen and i don't know if im doing something wrong or if im genetically resistant to it. any ideas?

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
It could be genetic; some guys are hyper-responsive. How much are you dosing? If 2g isn't doing it, try 4g empty-stomach to test out your theory.
most ive done was ~3
will try though, probably gonna get some generic beta alanine
if i dont get the tingling sensation, does that necessarily mean the recovery aspect of the beta alanine isn't working either?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly I don't feel it all the time and usually only when in the morning on a complete empty stomach...but it always gave me great benefits from taking it so I do not think feeling the tingles correlates with it being effective...thats just my 2cents tho

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
Honestly I don't feel it all the time and usually only when in the morning on a complete empty stomach...but it always gave me great benefits from taking it so I do not think feeling the tingles correlates with it being effective...thats just my 2cents tho
how much do you take though and when you take it is it part of a pre wo like white flood or just straight beta alanine

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how much do you take though and when you take it is it part of a pre wo like white flood or just straight beta alanine
Currently I take 1.6 grams when I wake up. 3.2g are in Intrabolic that I take while I lift. Then another 1.6g with my last meal of the day. I have used whiteflood before and I never felt the tingle from it, but taking some beta alanine at other times plus the WF went pretty well for me :)

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
Currently I take 1.6 grams when I wake up. 3.2g are in Intrabolic that I take while I lift. Then another 1.6g with my last meal of the day. I have used whiteflood before and I never felt the tingle from it, but taking some beta alanine at other times plus the WF went pretty well for me :)
awesome i think im gonna get some straight primaforce beta alanine when i cycle off of white flood
ill probably aim for something similar to what you have goin on and see if i dont get the feeling everyone talks about

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i stop getting the tingles... i miss them =(

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I tried beta alananine and was dosing it liek 4-6g ED. I got tingly for about a week and then it stopped, continued to see gains tho.

try empty stomach or w/ grapefruit juice

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah you can build a tolerance to the tingles. I love that feeling tho!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah Ive been traking it two years now wwhen it first came out so Im used to it.

its normal. i still get it with the 1.6 np caps

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
Hey.
I have been useing a product for the last week or so from AMS.
Hyper Trop-X

Works well for me. I always get the tingle from it.
NP has it in stock.
There is 4g's of BA in it.

http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/advanced-muscle-science/hyper-trop-x-120-capsules.html

What are you useing now??

JP.
awesome thanks for the link im just using white flood which has 1.7g beta alanine in it but from day 1 i never got the tingle. my friend let me use some of his straight beta alanine @ 3g and i still didnt feel it. im gonna have to try to up it to 4 i just want to know what it feels like really

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
why does it say for use by persons ages 21 and over only?
im 17. but all the product has is leucine(bcaa) beta alanine and yohimbe(which can be found in any energy drink)

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say just go with bulk NP Beta-Alanine, the 500g container is great value. It's not so much a tolerance to the beta-alanine you're noticing, as much as you've saturated you've muscle carnitine levels.

Hypertropx has that warning to keep them safe from legal issues, as Yohimbine can have potentially dangerous side effects if overdosed since it is a potent alpha-2 antagonist.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would say just go with bulk NP Beta-Alanine, the 500g container is great value. It's not so much a tolerance to the beta-alanine you're noticing, as much as you've saturated you've muscle carnitine levels.
Typo: Carnosine. :D

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
It gives me the willys so bad, I had to start using Molecular's Peak Beta. It is time released and IMO, gives a better overall result.

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
It gives me the willys so bad, I had to start using Molecular's Peak Beta. It is time released and IMO, gives a better overall result.
is that just another brand of beta alanine or is that a different form of it

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
It is time released. Released over time, the idea is it does not give you the tingle, which really makes my skin crawl. The MN Peak Beta does not do this and gives me great results.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
is that just another brand of beta alanine or is that a different form of it
Its a time released version that should keep the tingles from occurring(some people hate them). I should have some on the way eventually, but I haven't used it yet so I do not know how effective it is from a personal standpoint.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
why does it say for use by persons ages 21 and over only?
im 17. but all the product has is leucine(bcaa) beta alanine and yohimbe(which can be found in any energy drink)
oops.
Yea. sorry about that. Did not notice your age. Well, in 4 years it will be a great product for you to try.

My bad.

JP.