Glutamine & Creatine

shotdead42

Awards
Hey, for taking Glutamine, i heard should not be taken at the same time as creatine because they compete for receptors to be absorbed.

I'm taking Optimum Serious Mass and they got 1 g creatine, and as well as 500mg glutamine.

Dunno if i'm correct, does this mean they both cancel each other out?

thanks,

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
ive read the same thing. however there is no scientific study/evidence this is true. also there is no scientific study/evidence glutamine has any effect on muscle increase, prevent muscle catabolism or improve physique. you may see info about it on a website, or an article in the magizine, but they cannot reference any of that data to a scientific conducted study. the stuff you read is mainly supp rumors/hype/gossip

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Creatine itself is just an energy molecule which is stored primarily in skeletal muscle fibers, it doesn't work on receptors. The limiting factor in its performance is the enzymatic activity of creatine kinase which breaks down creatine phosphate to cleave its phosphate group to bind to ADP forming ATP.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
ive read the same thing. however there is no scientific study/evidence this is true. also there is no scientific study/evidence glutamine has any effect on muscle increase, prevent muscle catabolism or improve physique. you may see info about it on a website, or an article in the magizine, but they cannot reference any of that data to a scientific conducted study. the stuff you read is mainly supp rumors/hype/gossip
There is an assload of research RE glutamine and preventing muscle catabolism. It's not really useful in that sense in the context of bodybuilding but it is in populations like burn patients.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/1.0.154.53 Safari/525.19