Yohimbe nearly killed me.......................

1. Registered User

Yohimbe nearly killed me.......................

Ok...maybe not killed me but a few years ago, when I took yohimbe, I felt like I was on the edge of death for about three hours. It happened every time I took it and stopped when I no longer took it.

Does this tell me anything about my health? Why would I have such an adverse reaction to yohimbe but nothing else?

I am thinking I may have stomach blood circulation issues. My mother nearly died from a blood clot in her stomach and I am wondering If I am not developing something similar.

Thanks in advance.

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Excessively sensitive to adrenergics, likely. Are you prone to panic attacks?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Registered User

I would say no....I am generally very low key.....but sometimes I do get very anxious without much of a reason.

Strange that this is the only pronounced negative effects from supps.
    •   

4. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by spinn View Post
    I would say no....I am generally very low key.....but sometimes I do get very anxious without much of a reason.

Strange that this is the only pronounced negative effects from supps.
    a2 receptor activation shuts off noradrenaline action/release. When you take Yohimbine you block the a2 receptors, allowing NE to have extended and amplified action (which is good for fat burning, but bad for anxiety/heart rate/bp, etc.)
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

[QUOTE=spinn;1913172]Ok...maybe not killed me but a few years ago, when I took yohimbe, I felt like I was on the edge of death for about three hours. It happened every time I took it and stopped when I no longer took it.

What do you mean "felt like on the edge of death"? Yes Yohimbine makes one feel different till your body gets used to it but that's far from the edge of death....slight exaggeration??
  6. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

[QUOTE=luclyluciano;1913553]
    Ok...maybe not killed me but a few years ago, when I took yohimbe, I felt like I was on the edge of death for about three hours. It happened every time I took it and stopped when I no longer took it.

What do you mean "felt like on the edge of death"? Yes Yohimbine makes one feel different till your body gets used to it but that's far from the edge of death....slight exaggeration??
    have you ever od'd on yhcl?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  197 lbs.

Nope, but I did feel my heart rate change while on. Pretty common I hear.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    a2 receptor activation shuts off noradrenaline action/release. When you take Yohimbine you block the a2 receptors, allowing NE to have extended and amplified action (which is good for fat burning, but bad for anxiety/heart rate/bp, etc.)
    im glad i read that dsade. ill just stick with my dcp, thank you
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.

One time I had a terrible experience with yohimbine; meltdown to be exact. It's weird because I've used meltdown several times before but I took 3 caps one day at work and had a terrible anxiety attack and I've never had anxiety issues before. I was working in a supplement store all by myself and couldn't sit still for more than 2 seconds. I was sweating so much and felt like I was going to die, legit. It was the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. It was almost like 1 or 2 of the capsules had a much larger amount of yohimbine than it should have had.

I would try a really small dose if I were you and work your way up. Or even look into something else for your goals.
  10. Registered User

[QUOTE=luclyluciano;1913553]

Actualy no...no substance or drink has ever made me feel as bad as yohimbe.

What does that tell me about my body?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

yohimbe makes me feel like i have mud in my veins....i dont like it personally.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

I had a friend mis-calculate his bulk YHCL powder once. Took it with some AAKG on an empty stomach. He almost died for real. In fact, his breathing stopped and they had to revive him. So yes, if you're reading this... PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YHCL.
    Anabolicminds.com Featured Author
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.

i hope u stopped taking it right away, no supplement is worth side effects
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  0 lbs.

I just finished my first week of T-911 which has yohimbine in it. My heart is definitely beating harder and faster on this product. I had trouble getting to sleep last night because of it. I'm thinking about trying celery seed extract and maybe aakg to control it but what do you guys think? Will those things help with blood pressure/heart rate or should I do the smart thing and just stop the T-911?

If an LG Sciences rep is reading this could you please explain the purpose of adding yohimbine to T-911. Does it really add any value to the product? Have you thought of making a yohimbine free version of T-911?
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Yohimbne affects you psychologically if you take too much. When I took it I felt HIGH and euphoric. I cannot sleep on it and I feel like what I would imagine meth feels like. It also brings on flu like effects for a few hours in me. Is that similar to what you felt?
  16. Registered User

it was mostly my stomach, like I was about to throw up for hours on end but never actually did
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

"on the edge of death"? lol I don't really know how it feels like to die so I can't really reply accurately to this. But if i do know how it feels like to die and and makes me feel like dying, then i would immediately stop taking it.
  18. Registered User

Of course I stopped but that wasnt why I posted this thread.

I want to know what, if anything, this severe of a reaction to yohimbe tells me about my health.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymonk View Post
    "on the edge of death"? lol I don't really know how it feels like to die so I can't really reply accurately to this. But if i do know how it feels like to die and and makes me feel like dying, then i would immediately stop taking it.
    It is a unique feeling. Coasting on the waters ready to sink into oblivion. A unique feeling indeed...you really get the chance to think at that point, and everything looks a lil different.
  20. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

sry to hear that man, but just know your not alone
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dath View Post

If an LG Sciences rep is reading this could you please explain the purpose of adding yohimbine to T-911. Does it really add any value to the product? Have you thought of making a yohimbine free version of T-911?
    For some reason LG feels the need to throw Y into everything they make practically. Why a test booster or PH needs Y in it is beyond me. Y is probably the single most problematic ingredient to most people. I personally do not like it at all. I too would love to know why LG puts it in everything. I'm surprised its not in their protein...
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

That must work different for men, I take a good deal of that daily and it works great for energy and fat loss. LG makes good products, IMO. If they hadn't thrown it in, I probably would have never known about it. How many things that are stacked with it would make a huge difference too. A person's age and mental stability as well.
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by joebo View Post
    For some reason LG feels the need to throw Y into everything they make practically. Why a test booster or PH needs Y in it is beyond me. Y is probably the single most problematic ingredient to most people. I personally do not like it at all. I too would love to know why LG puts it in everything. I'm surprised its not in their protein...
    I understand your feelings of malcontent and I too dislike Y in any supplement and would like to see it taken off the market personally.

However, the converse is that many people don't get the side effects from Y and instead are just left with the energy and the added adrenal output makes workouts a blast.
    Molecular Nutrition - Unlevel The Field
    X-Factor: THE Most Scientifically Valid Muscle Builder, Ever!
  24. Registered User

So Yohimbe stimulates adrenals?

Mine are not working very well, maybe that is why it makes me feel so bad?
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  167 lbs.

Were you taking any medication at the time? Yohimbe can have strong interactions with some perscription medicines, especially antidepressants and MAO inhinbitors.
  26. Gold Member
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

i took Y-HCL and only really felt the rapid heartbeat. calculating the ration of YHCL and Bodyweight is possibly a reason why you felt "on the edge of death" along with being sensitive. I posted the ratio earlier today in another thread

it was like .1mg per BW

I'd only use Yohimbine HCL again if the Army was about to kick me out for being overweight and I had to goto the extreme to drop weight
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I can't say for certain but when I haved taken anything with Y in it, I have felt great for a few hours ... feels almost like I have a slight buzz but just with a 'happy' energy.
  28. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SwolenONE View Post
    I understand your feelings of malcontent and I too dislike Y in any supplement and would like to see it taken off the market personally.

However, the converse is that many people don't get the side effects from Y and instead are just left with the energy and the added adrenal output makes workouts a blast.
    So why put it in test boosters which are taken multiple times per day? In PH's? Yohimbine is dirt cheap, so if people wanted it they could add it themselves. I think there are more people who would steer away from a product with Y in it then there are who would buy it because Y is in it. Its the main reason I can't stomach most of your products...
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.

The fat burner i use contains 3 mg of Yohimbine HCL.... Is this a substantial amount?Should I be concerned of any adverse reactions?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Yohimbe
    By TeamT10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-08-2010, 02:51 PM
  2. Yohimbe Help
    By BigBeazy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 03:11 PM
  3. Yohimbe
    By liftw8t in forum Supplements