Yohimbe nearly killed me.......................

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Ok...maybe not killed me but a few years ago, when I took yohimbe, I felt like I was on the edge of death for about three hours. It happened every time I took it and stopped when I no longer took it.

Does this tell me anything about my health? Why would I have such an adverse reaction to yohimbe but nothing else?

I am thinking I may have stomach blood circulation issues. My mother nearly died from a blood clot in her stomach and I am wondering If I am not developing something similar.

Thanks in advance.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Excessively sensitive to adrenergics, likely. Are you prone to panic attacks?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
I would say no....I am generally very low key.....but sometimes I do get very anxious without much of a reason.

Strange that this is the only pronounced negative effects from supps.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say no....I am generally very low key.....but sometimes I do get very anxious without much of a reason.

Strange that this is the only pronounced negative effects from supps.
a2 receptor activation shuts off noradrenaline action/release. When you take Yohimbine you block the a2 receptors, allowing NE to have extended and amplified action (which is good for fat burning, but bad for anxiety/heart rate/bp, etc.)

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Ok...maybe not killed me but a few years ago, when I took yohimbe, I felt like I was on the edge of death for about three hours. It happened every time I took it and stopped when I no longer took it.

What do you mean "felt like on the edge of death"? Yes Yohimbine makes one feel different till your body gets used to it but that's far from the edge of death....slight exaggeration??

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

What do you mean "felt like on the edge of death"? Yes Yohimbine makes one feel different till your body gets used to it but that's far from the edge of death....slight exaggeration??
have you ever od'd on yhcl?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Nope, but I did feel my heart rate change while on. Pretty common I hear.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
a2 receptor activation shuts off noradrenaline action/release. When you take Yohimbine you block the a2 receptors, allowing NE to have extended and amplified action (which is good for fat burning, but bad for anxiety/heart rate/bp, etc.)
im glad i read that dsade. ill just stick with my dcp, thank you

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One time I had a terrible experience with yohimbine; meltdown to be exact. It's weird because I've used meltdown several times before but I took 3 caps one day at work and had a terrible anxiety attack and I've never had anxiety issues before. I was working in a supplement store all by myself and couldn't sit still for more than 2 seconds. I was sweating so much and felt like I was going to die, legit. It was the weirdest thing I've ever experienced. It was almost like 1 or 2 of the capsules had a much larger amount of yohimbine than it should have had.

I would try a really small dose if I were you and work your way up. Or even look into something else for your goals.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
yohimbe makes me feel like i have mud in my veins....i dont like it personally.

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a friend mis-calculate his bulk YHCL powder once. Took it with some AAKG on an empty stomach. He almost died for real. In fact, his breathing stopped and they had to revive him. So yes, if you're reading this... PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH YHCL.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
i hope u stopped taking it right away, no supplement is worth side effects

Dath

Awards
I just finished my first week of T-911 which has yohimbine in it. My heart is definitely beating harder and faster on this product. I had trouble getting to sleep last night because of it. I'm thinking about trying celery seed extract and maybe aakg to control it but what do you guys think? Will those things help with blood pressure/heart rate or should I do the smart thing and just stop the T-911?

If an LG Sciences rep is reading this could you please explain the purpose of adding yohimbine to T-911. Does it really add any value to the product? Have you thought of making a yohimbine free version of T-911?

SwolePierce

SwolePierce

Awards
Yohimbne affects you psychologically if you take too much. When I took it I felt HIGH and euphoric. I cannot sleep on it and I feel like what I would imagine meth feels like. It also brings on flu like effects for a few hours in me. Is that similar to what you felt?

spinn

Awards
  • Established
it was mostly my stomach, like I was about to throw up for hours on end but never actually did

crazymonk

crazymonk

Awards
"on the edge of death"? lol I don't really know how it feels like to die so I can't really reply accurately to this. But if i do know how it feels like to die and and makes me feel like dying, then i would immediately stop taking it.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
Of course I stopped but that wasnt why I posted this thread.

I want to know what, if anything, this severe of a reaction to yohimbe tells me about my health.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
"on the edge of death"? lol I don't really know how it feels like to die so I can't really reply accurately to this. But if i do know how it feels like to die and and makes me feel like dying, then i would immediately stop taking it.
It is a unique feeling. Coasting on the waters ready to sink into oblivion. A unique feeling indeed...you really get the chance to think at that point, and everything looks a lil different.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sry to hear that man, but just know your not alone

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
If an LG Sciences rep is reading this could you please explain the purpose of adding yohimbine to T-911. Does it really add any value to the product? Have you thought of making a yohimbine free version of T-911?
For some reason LG feels the need to throw Y into everything they make practically. Why a test booster or PH needs Y in it is beyond me. Y is probably the single most problematic ingredient to most people. I personally do not like it at all. I too would love to know why LG puts it in everything. I'm surprised its not in their protein...

killfat

killfat

Awards
That must work different for men, I take a good deal of that daily and it works great for energy and fat loss. LG makes good products, IMO. If they hadn't thrown it in, I probably would have never known about it. How many things that are stacked with it would make a huge difference too. A person's age and mental stability as well.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For some reason LG feels the need to throw Y into everything they make practically. Why a test booster or PH needs Y in it is beyond me. Y is probably the single most problematic ingredient to most people. I personally do not like it at all. I too would love to know why LG puts it in everything. I'm surprised its not in their protein...
I understand your feelings of malcontent and I too dislike Y in any supplement and would like to see it taken off the market personally.

However, the converse is that many people don't get the side effects from Y and instead are just left with the energy and the added adrenal output makes workouts a blast.

spinn

Awards
  • Established
So Yohimbe stimulates adrenals?

Mine are not working very well, maybe that is why it makes me feel so bad?

elliotuk

elliotuk

Awards
Were you taking any medication at the time? Yohimbe can have strong interactions with some perscription medicines, especially antidepressants and MAO inhinbitors.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
i took Y-HCL and only really felt the rapid heartbeat. calculating the ration of YHCL and Bodyweight is possibly a reason why you felt "on the edge of death" along with being sensitive. I posted the ratio earlier today in another thread

it was like .1mg per BW

I'd only use Yohimbine HCL again if the Army was about to kick me out for being overweight and I had to goto the extreme to drop weight

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I can't say for certain but when I haved taken anything with Y in it, I have felt great for a few hours ... feels almost like I have a slight buzz but just with a 'happy' energy.

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I understand your feelings of malcontent and I too dislike Y in any supplement and would like to see it taken off the market personally.

However, the converse is that many people don't get the side effects from Y and instead are just left with the energy and the added adrenal output makes workouts a blast.
So why put it in test boosters which are taken multiple times per day? In PH's? Yohimbine is dirt cheap, so if people wanted it they could add it themselves. I think there are more people who would steer away from a product with Y in it then there are who would buy it because Y is in it. Its the main reason I can't stomach most of your products...

Nate101

Awards
The fat burner i use contains 3 mg of Yohimbine HCL.... Is this a substantial amount?Should I be concerned of any adverse reactions?