how to use xtend

at1010

Awards
  • Established
how often and when shold a person take xtend....and will it hurt you to take extra glutamine in a protein shake after a workout if you take xtend

dra05ke

Awards
before workout, sip on during workout, and post workout before meal ...

...i dont use when bulking i use when cutting and it use ~4 scoops 90 minutes before ...~4 scoops during and ~4 scoops after ...i mix with Bulk BCAAs to help save money though ...and then i mix a bottle of it and sip on it throughout the day in between meals ...works like a charm!

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like 20-30g periworkout. With sugar/carbolyn (2:1 ratio carbs to BCAA) or if low carbing, replace the carb with glutamine on a gram for gram basis.

Wentz34

Awards
i use 3-4 scoops and add about 3g BA and 5g mono and start drinking pre-workout and drink throughout and then finish with a protein shake.

at1010

Awards
  • Established
i take no xplode right now and then im gunna use jak3d later can i take should i just take the xtend after in that situation??

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Xtend is now a staple for me whether cutting or not.

I definately feel it in the gym, ive run it on and off several times and can clearly tell the difference in reduced DOMs and recovery time in workouts.

I sip 6 scoops through a workout in around 2 litres of water.

khergan

Awards
Drink it during your workout, just like it says on the bottle. Obvious answer is obvious.

HERP DERP HURRRRRR.

allstar

allstar

Awards
  • Established
The owner of Scivation takes in upwards of 20 scoops of Xtend a day, lots use 8-12, I think its a treat to take compared to some supps, I prefer through out the day, pre workout, and intra.

at1010

Awards
  • Established
ok thanks guys....i think im just gunna take it intra thanks alot

bmw8591

Awards
  • Established
I just picked up a tub of some and have used it for about a week. I am doing about 2 scoops w/ 8-10 grams leucine mixed in with it. That is for primarily intra, maybe polish off a little bit after my workout if there is a little left. The biggest difference I am noticing so far is less recovery time needed.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
just curious, because this has to do with the same topic, but on nutra the bulk BCAA's say to cycle off every 12 weeks. whats the reason?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I tried it all 3 ways pre/intra/post

intra all the way!!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like taking it during the workout the best.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
You can take it prior to cardio as well as during a workout :D

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
You can take it prior to cardio as well as during a workout :D
yeah or if you do "fasted" cardio, you can use it prior like ERN said

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
The owner of Scivation takes in upwards of 20 scoops of Xtend a day, lots use 8-12, I think its a treat to take compared to some supps, I prefer through out the day, pre workout, and intra.
If i had an unlimited free supply of aminos I would also take 20 scoops a day..