how much Co-Enzyme Q10

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
hi guys,

im currenty taking toco8 and it contains a small amount of Co-Enzyme Q10 10mcg and im wondering how much is the recomended dose for heart health benifits

And would running Idebenone a synthetic analog of c0q10 be better than the others

thanks brandon

bk2101

Awards
Doseage is between 30-200 miligrams a day, and positive study results have been shown taking 100 mg a day. You should really check out Victory-Labs.com Its the purest q10 suppliment I've taken, as well as multivitamin.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Minimum 200mg, IMO.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
dsade do you think its worth taking as a staple, my Pa had heart problems

thanks guys repped

TSB4me

TSB4me

Awards
  • Established
Hey giant,

I've got high blood pressure and on medication so I take at least 150mg a day.
High blood pressure runs in my family.

Not sure if it helps with the high BP but because it's reported to have a beneficial effect on heart health, circulation, energy production and it also has antioxidant properties I now take it every day.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade do you think its worth taking as a staple, my Pa had heart problems

thanks guys repped
It's an absolute staple for me. Along with my increased vitamin d and folic acid intake, coQ"10 has made a huge difference in daytime energy.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
It's an absolute staple for me. Along with my increased vitamin d and folic acid intake, coQ"10 has made a huge difference in daytime energy.

cool, im thinking of making it staple too

thanks guys for your help

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Can you comment on increased folic acid intake?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you comment on increased folic acid intake?
Influences fatty acid metabolism, mitochondrial boosting (hint hint), and energy production.

It's one of those ignored, but insanely vital, nutrients (much like Coq10).

There is also evidence of support in using Folic Acid combined with HDAC inhibition.

cord195148

cord195148

Awards
Matt,
I would be interested in which multi vit/min supp you take, and the reasoning behind the inclusion/exclusion of various ingredients, as was just discussed with the Co Q10. I presume you use ubiquinol?

Halo1999

Halo1999

Awards
I take 300 mg of COQ10 plus a patented version TruQ10 that is combined in this COQ10 formula and it makes a huge difference in on the way I feel. HSN has some of the best vitamins on the market, also your body will absorb it better it you take it with fish oils...

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
update ive got some ubidecarenone 50mg 200caps il take 200mg per day

now is there any difference between uquiqinol and ubidecarenone

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
uquiqinol 100 mg if your over 40
Good post!

CoQ10 is certainly an important compound. In general, though, one should prefer the ubiquinol form to the standard form, ubiquinone. As is well known, the key difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol is that, for the ubiquinone form of CoQ10 to be properly absorbed and utilized by the body, the body must first reduce it to its active metabolite known as ubiquinol. Although researchers have established that most ubiquinone is naturally reduced to ubiquinol, the optimal approach to CoQ10 supplementation remains to consume it in its ready-to-use ubiquinol form. This form is more bioavailable, appears faster in cells, and maintains a longer half-life at the serum (plasma) level.

In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone.

The recommendation by many researchers is to add Idebenone to a CoQ10 supplementation program to get the very best of both compounds.

As is well known, Idebenone, as an analog of CoQ10, can replace CoQ10 in the process of cellular energy production. Idebenone is also, like CoQ10, a powerful antioxidant. However, Idebenone is more water-soluble than CoQ10 and its cellular distribution and antioxidant structure also differ from those of CoQ10, making idebenone superior to CoQ10 in neutralizing some types of free free radicals, but inferior in fighting other types. In particular, idebnone is more effective than CoQ10 in protecting cells from the free radical damage resulting from reduced (abnormal) blood flow. In fact, some studies indicate idebenone is 30-100 times more effective than vitamin E or vinpocetine as a free radical quencher.
Furthermore, Idebenone protects under hypoxic conditions, a situation where CoQ10 may not be an adequate replacement. In addition, Idebenone (unlike CoQ10) has been shown to increase Nerve Growth Factor and enhance cholinergic activity, thus conferring Idebenone with cognitive enhancement abilities.
To continue, Idebenone is a potent anti-oxidant for protecting the very important mitochondria, by both surpressing free radical activity and protecting the unique mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). This is unique as mtDNA is only derived from our mother's genes.
Finally, when organs are "harvested" for transplant to another patient, it is often the case that Idebenone is used to protect them from damage.

It must be noted, though, that most of the comparison between Idebenone and CoQ10 employed the standard Ubiquinone form of CoQ10, not Ubiquinol. So, stack ubiquinol and idebenone to break your limits! :food:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey giant,

I've got high blood pressure and on medication so I take at least 150mg a day.
High blood pressure runs in my family.

Not sure if it helps with the high BP but because it's reported to have a beneficial effect on heart health, circulation, energy production and it also has antioxidant properties I now take it every day.
For those on statin drugs, CoQ10 is an absolute necessity. The reason is that statin drugs are known to inhibit the enzyme, hydroxymethylglutaryl coenzyme A reductase. Now, this enzyme is important in the synthesis of coenzyme Q10 and cholesterol precursors. So, by inhibiting that enzyme, statin drugs compromise CoQ10 synthesis. The results can range from mitochondrial dysfunction to heart failure, and so on. So, for those on statin drugs, CoQ10 is a must. Even for non-statin drug users, CoQ10 has versatile benefits. My favourite stack in this area is CoQ10 Ubiquinol and Idebenone (another CoQ10 analogue, argued by some to be at least as powerful as CoQ10 Ubiquinone).

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
update ive got some ubidecarenone 50mg 200caps il take 200mg per day

now is there any difference between uquiqinol and ubidecarenone
I'm curious too. Which would be superior between the two?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Influences fatty acid metabolism, mitochondrial boosting (hint hint), and energy production.

It's one of those ignored, but insanely vital, nutrients (much like Coq10).

There is also evidence of support in using Folic Acid combined with HDAC inhibition.
Yep! And folic acid, combined with TriMethylGlycine (TMG) and Vitamins B6 and B6, induces a series of unique biological activities, including supporting significant reductions in levels of homocysteine. This is one reason Poseidon is such a cool product. About 1000mg of TMG is required daily for this purpose (homocysteine regulation), though.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
The spelling was wrong but that was from the quote. I just semi recall looking up CoQ and finging different names under the nutri facts as well.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
100mg+ on an empty stomach. I've tried it as a TD and it works well, although it was extremely weird at first ... extremely weird but I quickly got over that.

Nutra don't run idebenone alone. ;( At a wild guess I'd say idebenone was more bio-available.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
atm running 200mg of c0q10 everyday, but thinking of lowering that dose and making up the diff with Idebenone

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
atm running 200mg of c0q10 everyday, but thinking of lowering that dose and making up the diff with Idebenone
That should be the way to go, if by CoQ10 you mean Ubiquinone.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
Good post!

CoQ10 is certainly an important compound. In general, though, one should prefer the ubiquinol form to the standard form, ubiquinone. As is well known, the key difference between ubiquinone and ubiquinol is that, for the ubiquinone form of CoQ10 to be properly absorbed and utilized by the body, the body must first reduce it to its active metabolite known as ubiquinol. Although researchers have established that most ubiquinone is naturally reduced to ubiquinol, the optimal approach to CoQ10 supplementation remains to consume it in its ready-to-use ubiquinol form. This form is more bioavailable, appears faster in cells, and maintains a longer half-life at the serum (plasma) level.

In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone.

The recommendation by many researchers is to add Idebenone to a CoQ10 supplementation program to get the very best of both compounds.

As is well known, Idebenone, as an analog of CoQ10, can replace CoQ10 in the process of cellular energy production. Idebenone is also, like CoQ10, a powerful antioxidant. However, Idebenone is more water-soluble than CoQ10 and its cellular distribution and antioxidant structure also differ from those of CoQ10, making idebenone superior to CoQ10 in neutralizing some types of free free radicals, but inferior in fighting other types. In particular, idebnone is more effective than CoQ10 in protecting cells from the free radical damage resulting from reduced (abnormal) blood flow. In fact, some studies indicate idebenone is 30-100 times more effective than vitamin E or vinpocetine as a free radical quencher.
Furthermore, Idebenone protects under hypoxic conditions, a situation where CoQ10 may not be an adequate replacement. In addition, Idebenone (unlike CoQ10) has been shown to increase Nerve Growth Factor and enhance cholinergic activity, thus conferring Idebenone with cognitive enhancement abilities.
To continue, Idebenone is a potent anti-oxidant for protecting the very important mitochondria, by both surpressing free radical activity and protecting the unique mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). This is unique as mtDNA is only derived from our mother's genes.
Finally, when organs are "harvested" for transplant to another patient, it is often the case that Idebenone is used to protect them from damage.

It must be noted, though, that most of the comparison between Idebenone and CoQ10 employed the standard Ubiquinone form of CoQ10, not Ubiquinol. So, stack ubiquinol and idebenone to break your limits! :food:
strategicmove in your post you said, 'In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone' but in your post below you say Ubiquinone?? im confused atm im taking
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/now-foods/coq10-150-mg-100-vcaps.html
and now im going to get some Idebenone, will this combo be perfect thanks

That should be the way to go, if by CoQ10 you mean Ubiquinone.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
strategicmove in your post you said, 'In my opinion, the ideal CoQ10 supplement would be a combination of ubiquinol and idebenone' but in your post below you say Ubiquinone?? im confused atm im taking
http://store.anabolicminds.com/product/now-foods/coq10-150-mg-100-vcaps.html
and now im going to get some Idebenone, will this combo be perfect thanks
My preference still remains Ubiquinol (up to 100mg daily) plus Idebenone (up to 100mg daily). If you are taking 200mg daily of Ubiquinol, however, then it is debatable if you need to add Idebenone, hence my earlier response to your post. As it turns out, though, you are taking 200mg of Ubiquinone, so it makes sense to adjust your dosage and add Idebenone.

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So if you take 200 mg of Ubinquol, do you don't need any idebenenone?

Genetiks80

Awards
I have had quite a few md's tell me if you are to take one single nutrient for the heart,it should be co-10.I use 100-150mg a day.