IS THERE NOONE THAT CAN ANSWER THIS?!

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.01%

PRE/POST LIFT SUPPS- EXPERIENCES?

hey all i just turned 27, sitting at about 5'7" and 175lbs with 10% BF. ima certified trainer & have nutrition certs. under my belt as well, but "we" can always learn more right?! thus im asking for any input here- i am continuing to get strong, grainy & leaner, i cross train (box, run, lift, etc.)

i dont try to "hurt" myself persay but stay strong, w/ a good balance btw strength & endurance, thus my deads are 315 for 10-12, squats 315 for 8-10, bench 315 for 4-6, incline dumbells 120 for 6-8, etc.

the reason im giving this info. is b/c im a firm believer in the idea that the more ya'll know bout where i sit, the better the info you guys can offer.

my 1st questions (keeping my goals in mind)- pre-workout i want to try either BCS Labs "Phenom" (you can look up the ingredients) OR that new creatine product "Con-Cret" (ive heard amazing stuff bout this).
    now, i like the idea of phenom b/c it has icariin which is suppose to give a nice little "test type boost" etc. however con-cret is suppose to be a solid ass creatine supp. & i could always make my own pre-workout w/ con-cret, a natty test boost, beta-ala & citr. malate, etc.

my 2nd question is concerned w/ post-workout. i use Controlled Labs "Golden-Finish" as it is a pretty great post lift shake w/ all the good stuff one needs, but ive been told to try "Torrent." Torrent has more sugar etc for post lift which is good, it doesnt contain K-R-ALA like golden finish (not sure if that is "essential" however). i want to get fully replenished after my intense ass workouts & am thinking Torrent might be a better buy, BUT i dont want to run the risk of anything interfering w/ me getting leaner (my meal program is fantastic- i eat very clean, but every little bit counts) SO am wondering what ultimately would be better.

Thanks in advance for the input,
    Cheers-

p.s. apologies for the title of this thread, but it proved difficult in getting feedback-

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.71%

1. Explain a little about this Con-crete...because if it's stuff I'm thinking of, it's been out quite a while. It is good stuff though.

2. Torrent is a very good post-workout supplement. I've been taking it for quite some time now, and I'm loving it. Carbs are a necessity post-workout, whether bulking or cutting, in my honest opinion.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.01%

there is life out there (thx for responding lol)!

its called "Con-Cret" and you can google it, its nothing special, just supposedly a very solid creatine product. as there are a million out there, this is suppose to "stand out amongst the rest," not sure though.

as for torrent, yeah thats what im leaning towards, i like golden finish, but after a REALLY intense workout- heavy and hard, i feel like im not being quite as replenished as i should be.

:dl:
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.74%

So let me get this straight-- you measure 5'7" when you sit down? I was confused before you even finished your first sentence. No offense but that is an unusually tall figure and I am wondering if that is a typo.

Doing the math...I would calculate that you would probably measure at least 7 1/2 feet when standing, and at 170lbs., that's got to be well under 10% BF.

So you may just need to eat more; if you are that tall and weigh that much, chances are you need more quality food before supplements.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.42%

Quote Originally Posted by bateman View Post
    there is life out there (thx for responding lol)!

its called "Con-Cret" and you can google it, its nothing special, just supposedly a very solid creatine product. as there are a million out there, this is suppose to "stand out amongst the rest," not sure though.
    Seems like a hyped marketing scheme to me. Their descriptions is even worse than the jumble-f*ck Muscle-Tech tries to get you to believe, because they don't even have a real description...

Quote Originally Posted by Con-Cret Creatine
    Con-cret uses bonding molecules that have been effectively and safely used in the pharmaceutical industry for years.
    No sh*t? They're bonding molecules TOGETHER? Great Scott!

Quote Originally Posted by Con-Cret Creatine
    The box states that CON-CRET is a, Specially Conjugated Creatine, what does that mean? Conjugated means bound- it is simply a scientific term for molecules being bonded together. As stated above, CON-CRET uses bonding molecules that have been effectively used for years.
    Come again? You're serious right?
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.71%

Quote Originally Posted by methusaleh View Post
    So let me get this straight-- you measure 5'7" when you sit down? I was confused before you even finished your first sentence. No offense but that is an unusually tall figure and I am wondering if that is a typo.

Doing the math...I would calculate that you would probably measure at least 7 1/2 feet when standing, and at 170lbs., that's got to be well under 10% BF.

So you may just need to eat more; if you are that tall and weigh that much, chances are you need more quality food before supplements.
    Holy Sarcasm....or at least I'd hope so...

And as for the Con-cret, it's been out quite a while...what is your supplement history? Have you ever tried creatine Mono.?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.42%

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachew View Post
    Holy Sarcasm....or at least I'd hope so...
    No my friend, that is pure genius!
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.01%

yeah, most def. my buddy is a national lvl competitor & has owned his own stores for years, so ive tried- alot lol. thats why im comparing it to BCS Labs "Phenom", although word has it "Con-Cret" is pretty big amongst powerlifters as well- not sure though, like anything else could be all b.s.

google BCS Labs "Phenom" & you can take a look at what their product looks like- Bulknutrition.com has it up
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.45%

yeah, most def. my buddy is a national lvl competitor & has owned his own stores for years, so ive tried- alot lol. thats why im comparing it to BCS Labs "Phenom", although word has it "Con-Cret" is pretty big amongst powerlifters as well- not sure though, like anything else could be all b.s.

google BCS Labs "Phenom" & you can take a look at what their product looks like- Bulknutrition.com has it up
    Why don't you buy the con-crete and report back. I'd be interested to know.

I guessing it's probably not worth the extra money over mono.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.48%
    Achievements Posting Pro

just buy the BCS's labs Phenom and Phenom Amped both are great products...i personally liked taking 2-4 caps of the Phenom and 4 caps of the Phenom Amped... if u feel like u need even more creatine (which u shouldnt) then just buy some mono...
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.63%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

i got a sample of concret from the superhumanradio talk show. check it out! they are free samples to get your own opinion...
    - Join Me: Tex89 M-Sten RX Log... Dicing that iron -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/222790-tex89s-msten-rx.html
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.95%

have nutrition "CERTS" you should be able to compare the ingredients yourself.
  13. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.74%

Yes that was done in jest...the way he worded it "sitting at 5'7"" was just begging for a comment!!!!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

To the OP - there's lotsa guys here who can answer your questions: they're stupid questions, kinda insultingly asked, but they're not hard. What's hard is not bouncing your head off the floor for expecting us to run off & research for you and then report back to you.

I get paid in advance for that kind of crap.

Use your "nutrition certs" and ask better questions.
  15. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

If you find you aren't fully replenished from GFH, just buy some bulk dextrose and add in 20-40g as needed.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.01%

yeah mos def. Jda i will give them both a try & report back my findings for others. im looking forward to testing both products and moving past the usual "hype" lol.

as for the con-cret & phenom i have heard both are pretty solid Jared & Txlifter, so like i said i will definitely report back my findings, etc.

as for adding some pure dextrose i agree Steve, might throw that in "the mix."

btw Wizard i dont normally reply back to ppl that act as the "board gestapo," but none the less in all fairness just relax a bit, i had originally posted this at a time where the boards were being "flooded," ergo it kinda slipped through the cracks & im persistent & purposely entitled this thread as such to give it the desired attention. as for having nutrition certs, that does me no good in product testing & individual responses, further i did plenty of my own research before i ever posted about the products, as i tend to use the boards last- so i figured i would ask my fellow BB's/athletes here what if any, their respective experiences were with the products, etc.- no harm done lol. they werent stupid questions by any means, as youve been on here long enough you'll know that there are a plethora of REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS- this not being one of them, these boards are here for us to share & discuss our collective experiences and knowledge- if this thread wasnt for you, cool, just move on- no need to flare at everyone, insinuating that were all idiots. were just discussing several products and learning how they work differently for everyone.

oh and Methusaleh, yeah that was fairly clever lol -

appreciate the input all
    Cheers-

17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.58%

if you have nutrition certs, why do you think sugar is needed PWO?
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  169 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.35%

torrent has the simple carbs to hook you up with better absorbtion like waxi maize starch will do. I would deffinatley recomend torrent. I take Dark Matter wich is very similar but more expensive and i LOVE IT. Ever since I been on it I been gaining a steady 10 lbs a month (with other suppliments).
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.01%

Quote Originally Posted by pump3d View Post
    if you have nutrition certs, why do you think sugar is needed PWO?
    you need sugar (carbs) post workout b/c during an intense weight lifting session your body (muscles) have been depleted of its glycogen stores, thus you need to shuttle that back into your body along with protein within whats known as "the window," some say up to an hr, some even say more- i believe it to be directly after your lift the better, up to 30min. this type of sugar is preferred b/c some think adding fruit to your PWO shake will do the trick- not entirely, as fruit sugars are primarily used in replenishing liver glycogen- not whats primarily needed.

Cheers-
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.05%

you need sugar (carbs) post workout b/c during an intense weight lifting session your body (muscles) have been depleted of its glycogen stores, thus you need to shuttle that back into your body along with protein within whats known as "the window," some say up to an hr, some even say more- i believe it to be directly after your lift the better, up to 30min. this type of sugar is preferred b/c some think adding fruit to your PWO shake will do the trick- not entirely, as fruit sugars are primarily used in replenishing liver glycogen- not whats primarily needed.

Cheers-
    There is great debate to just how much "glycogen stores" are depleted during exercise. Most of the guys on these boards (all boards) do not even extend themselves enough to touch their glycogen stores, much less deplete them.

I really wish people would understand that not everyone is in the gym destroying their "glycogen stores" like Dorian Yates, Arnold, Coleman, Cutler, and Haney...

and another thing, I am so fking tired of seeing "dude, I gained 10lbs off of a cycle of xxxprohormone or DS"....Earth to people, that is WATER WEIGHT GAIN and increased upregulation of carbs and amino acids not LBM...dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ..

If everyone who swallowed DS/PH were REALLY GAINING all these 10-15lbs per cycle then why do you see the same people cycling 4yrs later and weigh 5lbs heavier than they did 48 months ago????????

NOTE: This was not directed at the op, but just a rant that happened to explode off in this thread, sorry.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---
  21. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

"per se", not "persay". sorry that this is the only contribution i can make.
  22. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.57%

Quote Originally Posted by methusaleh View Post

So you may just need to eat more;
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.01%

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    There is great debate to just how much "glycogen stores" are depleted during exercise. Most of the guys on these boards (all boards) do not even extend themselves enough to touch their glycogen stores, much less deplete them.

I really wish people would understand that not everyone is in the gym destroying their "glycogen stores" like Dorian Yates, Arnold, Coleman, Cutler, and Haney...

and another thing, I am so fking tired of seeing "dude, I gained 10lbs off of a cycle of xxxprohormone or DS"....Earth to people, that is WATER WEIGHT GAIN and increased upregulation of carbs and amino acids not LBM...dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. ..

If everyone who swallowed DS/PH were REALLY GAINING all these 10-15lbs per cycle then why do you see the same people cycling 4yrs later and weigh 5lbs heavier than they did 48 months ago????????

NOTE: This was not directed at the op, but just a rant that happened to explode off in this thread, sorry.

no need to apologize for the rant lol, i couldnt agree with you more man. most ppl do not push themselves "anywhere" near what they could/should and think theyre really "gettin it" lol. my workouts are pure intensity, i come from a marine corps background & used to train mma, so as a BB my workouts are heavy, intense and a mix of low, medium & high rep work sets. most of my friends cannot keep up & after an hr of complete exhaustion every now & again i like to throw in a 2-3 mile jog/run- my cousin likes to joke that im not "done" enough if i can jog it out like that- no, thats just the "never quit" marine corps way lol-

as for the 15lb gains yeah, its bull****. i love reading posts where kids mention this trash & state stuff like, "dude, i just tried this new product & already added 20-35lbs to my bench max!" umm, then you werent pushing hard enough before b/c the "placebo" effect is whats doing it for you. supplements arent miracles, the key to being in great shape, etc. begins with a positive attitude, great work ethic, knowledge of what youre doing, and EATING correctly- which most do not have the discipline to do, but hey thats what separates great from mediocre.

supplements are an addition to compliment what one should already be doing correctly. thats why no bull**** i honestly get fired up with anyone who shows me an interest- ill actually spend 20min plus w/ someone in a hallway or parking lot, just trying to impart as much knowledge as possible to help someone, unfortunately with many it falls upon deaf ears anyways ;(

oh and loser, yeah it is "per se," sometimes im so into what im writing i dont even check- oh noes hehe!

Cheers all-

Similar Forum Threads

1. PLease Help! Need Answer!!
    By hatt957 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 12:39 PM
  2. Ph's answer please
    By Topbod in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 06:21 PM
  3. Please answer if you can....
    By michaeljannis in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-23-2008, 04:17 PM
  4. I probably know the answer to this...(amp+bc+e)
    By rampage jackson in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 10:33 AM
  5. And the answer is......??!!!
    By toughchick401 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 05:49 PM