Best Immune System Enhancer

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    LionKingGod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  136 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    141

    Best Immune System Enhancer


    suppliment?

    what do you think?

  2. Registered User
    stefang's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    148

    Here are few of the best ones:

    Garlic >> great at killing viruses
    ****ake Mushroom
    Echinacea
    Glutamine >> needed if you deplete your glutamine stores

    The Most Important One is:
    Proper Diet
  3. Registered User
    LionKingGod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  136 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    131
    Rep Power
    141

    Cool


    Coooooooooooool
    •   
       

  4. Banned
    Ubiyca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    0

    Cordyceps Powder
    Resveratrol
    Vitamin B17
  5. Registered User
    raginfcktard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gold's Gym
    Posts
    978
    Rep Power
    565

    elderberry, echinacea, glutamine, vit c, rest, diet, and don't overtrain or sleep with hookers!
  6. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    babywifey's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,487
    Rep Power
    20547

    IBE makes a great resveratrol product called "Reverse". It also contains Shilajit, an ayurvedic herb that is known to stimulate the immune system and even lower recovery time in muscle.

    Like others have mentioned, Vitamin C and Garlic are very good as well.
  7. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Rep Power
    11113

    Just adding some that haven't been listed:

    Oregano, Silver, NAC, Olive Leaf, Lysine
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  8. Banned
    Ubiyca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    0

    I forgot to add Fluoride.. it's a terrific antioxidant
  9. Registered User
    JaredGalloway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,016
    Rep Power
    589

    all adaptogens are great... just get some kind of adaptogenic product and youll be fine...
  10. Banned
    Ubiyca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JaredGalloway View Post
    all adaptogens are great... just get some kind of adaptogenic product and youll be fine...
    oya true...

    Rhodiola is one of the best
  11. Registered User
    raginfcktard's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gold's Gym
    Posts
    978
    Rep Power
    565

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    Just adding some that haven't been listed:

    Oregano, Silver, NAC, Olive Leaf, Lysine
    big x2 on that oregano and olive...great anti fungal/viral.
  12. Registered User
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,672
    Rep Power
    191395

    Echinacea
  13. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Great suggestions so far. I just wanted to add that Beta-D-Glucans (Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucans) are among the most potent immune-system enhancers known to science.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  14. IBE/PHF Rep
    Board Sponsor
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    PA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1308

    Quote Originally Posted by babywifey View Post
    IBE makes a great resveratrol product called "Reverse". It also contains Shilajit, an ayurvedic herb that is known to stimulate the immune system and even lower recovery time in muscle.

    Like others have mentioned, Vitamin C and Garlic are very good as well.
    You beat me to it BW !
    Reverse is an awesome product that is ahead of it's time in the market !

    Also, when X-Lean get's reformulated you can look for that to have some great immune system boosting effects as well and cortisol control.

    I've also heard that Zinc is great for the immune system.
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  15. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    echinacea and vitamin c are good

    IIRC gut health is supposed to be good for not getting sick
  16. Registered User
    Timmo's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Truro
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    196

    Great suggestions by all, I also think a quality multi vitamin, like Now Adam, Orange Triad or Animal Pak go along way in strengthening the immune system and supporting overall health
  17. Registered User
    gobig1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    261

    Zinc Sulfate (zinc is a known and proven activator of both the innate and adaptive (genetic) immune responses) Zinc sulfate is the best form of zinc.

    Sodium Selenite (much more biological active than regular selenium)

    Vitamin D3
  18. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Quote Originally Posted by gobig1 View Post
    Zinc Sulfate (zinc is a known and proven activator of both the innate and adaptive (genetic) immune responses) Zinc sulfate is the best form of zinc.

    Sodium Selenite (much more biological active than regular selenium)

    Vitamin D3
    1) Why is zinc sulfate better than zinc orotate, zinc-l-monomerhionine, or zinc bound to a Krebs Cycle intermediate such as citrate, succinate, or aspartate?
    2) How about l-selenomethionine, selenodiglutathione, or se-methylselenocysteine, as selenium forms?

  19. Registered User
    gobig1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    261

    Zinc sulfate is an extremely soluble form of zinc, zinc itself is a very anti-inflammatory compound. It has the ability to downregulate the expression of TNF and FAS membrane receptors and zinc is a powerful activator of the entire immune system via its ability to control the activity of a host of proteins that contain "zinc fingers".

    Sodium Selenite is same principle, solubility/biological activity.

    Neither compound will do anything if you can't get it into the body in a consistently high enough amount to activate the required immunity triggers.

    Thus, my main reason for those specific compounds is the bodies ability to utilize them at a higher rate than other types of elemental zinc and selenium bound compounds.
  20. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Quote Originally Posted by gobig1 View Post
    Zinc sulfate is an extremely soluble form of zinc, zinc itself is a very anti-inflammatory compound. It has the ability to downregulate the expression of TNF and FAS membrane receptors and zinc is a powerful activator of the entire immune system via its ability to control the activity of a host of proteins that contain "zinc fingers".

    Sodium Selenite is same principle, solubility/biological activity.

    Neither compound will do anything if you can't get it into the body in a consistently high enough amount to activate the required immunity triggers.

    Thus, my main reason for those specific compounds is the bodies ability to utilize them at a higher rate than other types of elemental zinc and selenium bound compounds.
    I do not want to derail this thread, but you did not answer the questions. We understand zinc's role and significance in metabolic processes, but still have not understood your motivation for declaring zinc sulfate the best form of zinc. It would have been fine, if you said zinc sulfate were more bioactive than elemental zinc. Whenever one says something is the best, one should be ready to justify such a statement. Zinc sulfate is certainly not the best form of zinc.
    In terms of selenium, the best selenium products actually combine those different forms I mentioned earlier. For a good reason.

  21. Banned
    bigironkiller's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  260 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    949
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by stefang View Post
    Here are few of the best ones:

    Garlic >> great at killing viruses
    ****ake Mushroom
    Echinacea
    Glutamine >> needed if you deplete your glutamine stores

    The Most Important One is:
    Proper Diet
    X2.
  22. Registered User
    gobig1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    50
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    261

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I do not want to derail this thread, but you did not answer the questions. We understand zinc's role and significance in metabolic processes, but still have not understood your motivation for declaring zinc sulfate the best form of zinc. It would have been fine, if you said zinc sulfate were more bioactive than elemental zinc. Whenever one says something is the best, one should be ready to justify such a statement. Zinc sulfate is certainly not the best form of zinc.
    In terms of selenium, the best selenium products actually combine those different forms I mentioned earlier. For a good reason.

    Ok...

    You take what you want

    I will stick with mine...

    Didnt really want to argue over a simple thread of "best immune system enhancers"

    But am surprised that you havent attacked the effectiveness or total lack of in regards to echinacea...among other things mentioned rather than the "form or type" of zinc and selenium.

    You win...
  23. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Quote Originally Posted by gobig1 View Post
    Ok...

    You take what you want

    I will stick with mine...

    Didnt really want to argue over a simple thread of "best immune system enhancers"

    But am surprised that you havent attacked the effectiveness or total lack of in regards to echinacea...among other things mentioned rather than the "form or type" of zinc and selenium.

    You win...
    Winning is of no concern to me. Echinacea and the others are options, just like zinc. I would not have responded to your post, if you had not asserted zinc sulfate were the best form of zinc.

  24. Registered User
    MPFit's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    428
    Rep Power
    325

    I did some pubmedding, sulfate is one of the more superior forms, however the ONLY Zinc attatchment I could find to be better was Zinc Glycinate..
  25. Registered User
    stefang's Avatar
    Stats
    6'6"  236 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    148

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    Winning is of no concern to me. Echinacea and the others are options, just like zinc. I would not have responded to your post, if you had not asserted zinc sulfate were the best form of zinc.

    Let's put the ego on the side and focus on the question here.
  26. Registered User
    briancogs888's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    112

    I use an echinacea supp with three different echinacea extracts, which gives a better spectrum of protection. I also keep up my adaptogenic herb intake and probiotics.
  27. Registered User
    strategicmove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,763
    Rep Power
    774633

    Quote Originally Posted by stefang View Post
    Let's put the ego on the side and focus on the question here.
    No clue what your comment means or should mean. I try to focus on facts, verifiable information.

  28. Registered User
    Imeniaan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    610
    Rep Power
    391

    Ecklonia cava extract.
  29. Registered User
    JaredGalloway's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,016
    Rep Power
    589

    Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    No clue what your comment means or should mean. I try to focus on facts, verifiable information.

    stefang is just mad that ur smarter than him... haha... jk...
  30. Registered User
    somewhatgifted's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,392
    Rep Power
    2334

    My cats breath smells like cat food.

    Dark leafy greens, fresh organic fruits and vegetables, oil of oregano, glutamine, alkaline water and fresh lemon juice in water.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. immune system boosters
    By kingdong in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 06:44 PM
  2. Anabolics and immune system
    By qwerty33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 09:55 PM
  3. Best Immune System Booster
    By PrepNwa23 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 07:47 PM
  4. immune system
    By TUCKER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:11 PM
  5. immune system
    By krs41 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 09:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.