Echinacea
Glutamine >> needed if you deplete your glutamine stores

The Most Important One is:
Proper Diet

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
elderberry, echinacea, glutamine, vit c, rest, diet, and don't overtrain or sleep with hookers!

babywifey

babywifey

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
IBE makes a great resveratrol product called "Reverse". It also contains Shilajit, an ayurvedic herb that is known to stimulate the immune system and even lower recovery time in muscle.

Like others have mentioned, Vitamin C and Garlic are very good as well. :)

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Just adding some that haven't been listed:

Oregano, Silver, NAC, Olive Leaf, Lysine

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I forgot to add Fluoride.. it's a terrific antioxidant

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
all adaptogens are great... just get some kind of adaptogenic product and youll be fine...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great suggestions so far. I just wanted to add that Beta-D-Glucans (Beta-1,3/1,6-D-Glucans) are among the most potent immune-system enhancers known to science.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
IBE makes a great resveratrol product called "Reverse". It also contains Shilajit, an ayurvedic herb that is known to stimulate the immune system and even lower recovery time in muscle.

Like others have mentioned, Vitamin C and Garlic are very good as well. :)
You beat me to it BW ! :laugh:
Reverse is an awesome product that is ahead of it's time in the market !

Also, when X-Lean get's reformulated you can look for that to have some great immune system boosting effects as well and cortisol control.

I've also heard that Zinc is great for the immune system.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
echinacea and vitamin c are good

IIRC gut health is supposed to be good for not getting sick

Timmo

Timmo

Awards
Great suggestions by all, I also think a quality multi vitamin, like Now Adam, Orange Triad or Animal Pak go along way in strengthening the immune system and supporting overall health

gobig1

Awards
Zinc Sulfate (zinc is a known and proven activator of both the innate and adaptive (genetic) immune responses) Zinc sulfate is the best form of zinc.

Sodium Selenite (much more biological active than regular selenium)

Vitamin D3

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zinc Sulfate (zinc is a known and proven activator of both the innate and adaptive (genetic) immune responses) Zinc sulfate is the best form of zinc.

Sodium Selenite (much more biological active than regular selenium)

Vitamin D3
1) Why is zinc sulfate better than zinc orotate, zinc-l-monomerhionine, or zinc bound to a Krebs Cycle intermediate such as citrate, succinate, or aspartate?
2) How about l-selenomethionine, selenodiglutathione, or se-methylselenocysteine, as selenium forms?

gobig1

Awards
Zinc sulfate is an extremely soluble form of zinc, zinc itself is a very anti-inflammatory compound. It has the ability to downregulate the expression of TNF and FAS membrane receptors and zinc is a powerful activator of the entire immune system via its ability to control the activity of a host of proteins that contain "zinc fingers".

Sodium Selenite is same principle, solubility/biological activity.

Neither compound will do anything if you can't get it into the body in a consistently high enough amount to activate the required immunity triggers.

Thus, my main reason for those specific compounds is the bodies ability to utilize them at a higher rate than other types of elemental zinc and selenium bound compounds.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Zinc sulfate is an extremely soluble form of zinc, zinc itself is a very anti-inflammatory compound. It has the ability to downregulate the expression of TNF and FAS membrane receptors and zinc is a powerful activator of the entire immune system via its ability to control the activity of a host of proteins that contain "zinc fingers".

Sodium Selenite is same principle, solubility/biological activity.

Neither compound will do anything if you can't get it into the body in a consistently high enough amount to activate the required immunity triggers.

Thus, my main reason for those specific compounds is the bodies ability to utilize them at a higher rate than other types of elemental zinc and selenium bound compounds.
I do not want to derail this thread, but you did not answer the questions. We understand zinc's role and significance in metabolic processes, but still have not understood your motivation for declaring zinc sulfate the best form of zinc. It would have been fine, if you said zinc sulfate were more bioactive than elemental zinc. Whenever one says something is the best, one should be ready to justify such a statement. Zinc sulfate is certainly not the best form of zinc.
In terms of selenium, the best selenium products actually combine those different forms I mentioned earlier. For a good reason.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Here are few of the best ones:

Garlic >> great at killing viruses
Shitake Mushroom
Echinacea
Glutamine >> needed if you deplete your glutamine stores

The Most Important One is:
Proper Diet
X2.

gobig1

Awards
I do not want to derail this thread, but you did not answer the questions. We understand zinc's role and significance in metabolic processes, but still have not understood your motivation for declaring zinc sulfate the best form of zinc. It would have been fine, if you said zinc sulfate were more bioactive than elemental zinc. Whenever one says something is the best, one should be ready to justify such a statement. Zinc sulfate is certainly not the best form of zinc.
In terms of selenium, the best selenium products actually combine those different forms I mentioned earlier. For a good reason.

Ok...

You take what you want

I will stick with mine...

Didnt really want to argue over a simple thread of "best immune system enhancers"

But am surprised that you havent attacked the effectiveness or total lack of in regards to echinacea...among other things mentioned rather than the "form or type" of zinc and selenium.

You win...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok...

You take what you want

I will stick with mine...

Didnt really want to argue over a simple thread of "best immune system enhancers"

But am surprised that you havent attacked the effectiveness or total lack of in regards to echinacea...among other things mentioned rather than the "form or type" of zinc and selenium.

You win...
Winning is of no concern to me. Echinacea and the others are options, just like zinc. I would not have responded to your post, if you had not asserted zinc sulfate were the best form of zinc.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I did some pubmedding, sulfate is one of the more superior forms, however the ONLY Zinc attatchment I could find to be better was Zinc Glycinate..

stefang

Awards
Winning is of no concern to me. Echinacea and the others are options, just like zinc. I would not have responded to your post, if you had not asserted zinc sulfate were the best form of zinc.

Let's put the ego on the side and focus on the question here.

briancogs888

Awards
I use an echinacea supp with three different echinacea extracts, which gives a better spectrum of protection. I also keep up my adaptogenic herb intake and probiotics.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Let's put the ego on the side and focus on the question here.
No clue what your comment means or should mean. I try to focus on facts, verifiable information.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
My cats breath smells like cat food.

Dark leafy greens, fresh organic fruits and vegetables, oil of oregano, glutamine, alkaline water and fresh lemon juice in water.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I worked at GNC for about two months.. During this time a study came out disproving echinacea's effects.. we were told to still try and sell the products like it never came out.
I've searched to no avail on finding it though: It was a specific study on echinacea and the "cold" not necessarily immune however.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I remember reading somewhere that long term Echinacea use actually supresses the immune system and that it has not been proven at preventing disease. I've never used it, but Glutamine, Elderberry, and Garlic is all goooood!

bkprice

bkprice

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned early, D3 is one of the best. I have seen a few studies that show it is very powerful. With the other benefits you get from D3, I would start with it.