Creatine with Gatorade?

raytrade

Awards
Hey guys,

I have always used the creatine products that include whatever transport and potentiator is needed to make it work, but I just got a big jar of pure creatine powder. I know you normally would mix it with juice to create the necessary insulin spike, but since I already sip a bottle of Gatorade during each workout, do you think mixing the creatine with the Gatorade and sipping it throughout my 90 min. workout is enough to create the needed insulin response? If Gatorade is not sweet enough, what about Hawaiian Punch or something like that instead of juice?

Thanks!

Last edited:
sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Gatorade is made up of a combination of sucrose, glucose and fructose syrups which isnt the best choice for a creatine transport but acceptable for post workout and to help assist creatine into your system. You're best bet would be a buying a straight dextrose mixture however, the sports drink should assist somewhat in helping raise the insulin level. In fact, its a good thing you're sipping on a high GI carbohydrated drink during your workout..... cant really have enough simple carbs in and around ones' workout.
Sage

Squiboy

Awards
i thought you would want to drink the creatine before and after, not during as it would dehydrate you so just drink a liquid like gatorade and add some sugar

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Creatine does not dehydrate you, it hyperhydrates you.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

I have always used the creatine products that include whatever transport and potentiator is needed to make it work, but I just got a big jar of pure creatine powder. I know you normally would mix it with juice to create the necessary insulin spike, but since I already sip a bottle of Gatorade during each workout, do you think mixing the creatine with the Gatorade and sipping it throughout my 90 min. workout is enough to create the needed insulin response? If Gatorade is not sweet enough, what about Hawaiian Punch or something like that instead of juice?

Thanks!
I mix my creatine with Black Star Labs' Anabolic Post-Training Formula and sip it through my workout. I've done the same thing with Biotest Surge for about 2 years now (when I've used creatine). Black Star Labs stuff is essentially the same, just a lot cheaper. Dextrose, Maltodextrin, Ultra Hydro Whey, BCAA's. The one supplement besides regular protein powder that I would never neglect to use, whether cutting or bulking.

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Creatine does not dehydrate you, it hyperhydrates you.
It hydrates the muscle, but it is possible to suffer the effects of dehydration when you take it if you do not drink sufficient water at the same time. BTW, the powder versions of Gatorade and Powerade have a much higher proportion of dextrose (with Powerade being the higher of the two) than the bottled versions. If you are looking for something to spike your insulin, consider them.

raytrade

Awards
BTW, the powder versions of Gatorade and Powerade have a much higher proportion of dextrose (with Powerade being the higher of the two) than the bottled versions. If you are looking for something to spike your insulin, consider them.
That's good info... thanks!

xhexx

Awards
I use the powder versions and it works good for me.

IronMarc

Awards
You're drinking a creatine drink throughout a 90 min workout? I thought creatine was unstable in a liquid....Shouldn't you drink it almost immediately after mixing?