Blodwork for Baseline 6 weeks of Novadex and Superpump 250

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Saliva test for Baseline 6 weeks of Novadex and Superpump 250

Quick question: I did a saliva test just to get a baseline before I tried out Novadex and Superpump (they were bought with a gift certificate before anyone flames me) I am going to finish it up with Leviathan.

Anyhow I just got my results back and my test is 175.9 pg/mL with estradiol at 1.2 pg/mL.

My estradiol looks good but my test is out of range high. The doc that did ran the test said that I "clearly have been on or am on some hormonal replacement regiment" I hadn't touched anything other than food or whey for at least 3 years prior to this sample.

You think the results are whacked up or am I just that much of a man?

Mods if this needs to be in another forum please move as necessary.

Last edited:
Cinn

Cinn

Awards
A number isn't much help without the lab's reference ranges. Salivary test assays can be useful for screening but not a lot else. More tests(serum!) are needed to see the bigger picture like total/free test, LH, FSH, etc.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Range was 60-125 pg/mL. It was my understanding that the test that is tested for in the saliva is the free testosterone

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
Range was 60-125 pg/mL. It was my understanding that the test that is tested for in the saliva is the free testosterone
It is but having only a high testos result does not do much in the way of figuring out a high result. You need more info.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Saliva tests are almost worthless IMO.

I've seen massive fluctuations (hypo to high to normal) in testing conducted on 3 consecutive days (for shits and giggles).

I can't believe a Dr. would actually use one of these.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
Saliva tests are almost worthless IMO.

I've seen massive fluctuations (hypo to high to normal) in testing conducted on 3 consecutive days (for shits and giggles).

I can't believe a Dr. would actually use one of these.
The literature disagrees with you. Assuming you accounted for diurnal variation(if you're talking about testos), other user error was probably at fault.

A Dr. would use one of these because they provide a simple and non-invasive screen that is supported by plenty of correlation data.