aminos. Any thoughts?

  1. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Rep Power
    403149
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    83.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    aminos. Any thoughts?


    What do you think of this amino profile? 8050.00 mg L-Arginine ** L-Glutamine ** L-Methionine ** L-Lysine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-Proline ** L-Threonine ** Taurine ** L-arginine AKG ** L-Lysine HCl ** N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-arginine - L-arginine AKG ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproic acid) ** L-threonine AKG ** N-acetyl l-methionine ** Taurine AKG ** L-glutamine AKG ** L-alanyl l-glutamine ** (Precision Ratio Branched Chain Matrix) ** L-Isoleucine ** L-Leucine ** L-Valine ** L-leucine pyroglutamate ** L-isoleucine pyroglutamate ** L-leucine AKG ** L-valine AKG ** (Max-Strength Delivery Amplifier) ** L-Histidine ** L-carnosine ** Beta-Alanine ** Betaine anhydrous ** Betaine HCl ** Spinacia oleracea extract (leaf) Standardized for 10% 20-hydroxyecdysterone ** GBB HCl (gamma-butyrobetaine HCl) ** Ethyl pyruvate ** Bitter melon extract (as Momordica charantia) (fruit) ** Ligusticum wallichii extract (stem and root ** (Next Gen Alpha-Keto Amino Fusion) ** HICA (alpha-hydroxyisocaproic acid) ** HIVA (alpha-hydroxyisovaleric acid) ** HIMVA (alpha-hydroxymethylvaleric acid) ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproate calcium) ** KIVA (alpha-ketoisovalerate sodium) ** KMVA (alpha-keto-beta-methylvalerate sodium ** GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid) ** Alpha-amino n-butyrate

  2. Senior Member
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    13346
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    5.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    where are you going with this post? what prompted you to write it? is it product information? As for aminos-they are abundant in protein and depending what type you eat, each amino has a varying amount. Always to try to eat complete proteins .however single aminos taken on there own are done so for a specific purpose eg, taurine, glutamine.
  3. Professional Member
    lennoxchi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,643
    Rep Power
    2370
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    34.16%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    i think there a lot there.......i doesn't say how much of what though.
    •   
       

  4. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    What do you think of this amino profile? 8050.00 mg L-Arginine ** L-Glutamine ** L-Methionine ** L-Lysine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-Proline ** L-Threonine ** Taurine ** L-arginine AKG ** L-Lysine HCl ** N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-arginine - L-arginine AKG ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproic acid) ** L-threonine AKG ** N-acetyl l-methionine ** Taurine AKG ** L-glutamine AKG ** L-alanyl l-glutamine ** (Precision Ratio Branched Chain Matrix) ** L-Isoleucine ** L-Leucine ** L-Valine ** L-leucine pyroglutamate ** L-isoleucine pyroglutamate ** L-leucine AKG ** L-valine AKG ** (Max-Strength Delivery Amplifier) ** L-Histidine ** L-carnosine ** Beta-Alanine ** Betaine anhydrous ** Betaine HCl ** Spinacia oleracea extract (leaf) Standardized for 10% 20-hydroxyecdysterone ** GBB HCl (gamma-butyrobetaine HCl) ** Ethyl pyruvate ** Bitter melon extract (as Momordica charantia) (fruit) ** Ligusticum wallichii extract (stem and root ** (Next Gen Alpha-Keto Amino Fusion) ** HICA (alpha-hydroxyisocaproic acid) ** HIVA (alpha-hydroxyisovaleric acid) ** HIMVA (alpha-hydroxymethylvaleric acid) ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproate calcium) ** KIVA (alpha-ketoisovalerate sodium) ** KMVA (alpha-keto-beta-methylvalerate sodium ** GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid) ** Alpha-amino n-butyrate
    There is probably only a pinch of each amino in that blend.

    Just go with bulk EAA, BCAA, and Leucine from nutra and make your on mix that will be 10x better and you actually know how much of each you're getting.
  5. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Rep Power
    403149
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    83.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Its some new product on the market. 6 tablets.
  6. Elite Member
    djbombsquad's Avatar
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,952
    Rep Power
    403149
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    83.31%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Just a product I saw. I don't mind taking tablets. Iv done that with leucine before.
  7. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    why don't you just post a link to the product description and label...?
  8. New Member
    ShiftyCapone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    323
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    76.39%

    8050mg is only ~8g. Way underdosed in my opinion... Especially capped. Can't be more than 30 servings (240 caps) maximum per bottle.

    Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    why don't you just post a link to the product description and label...?
    That would just make far too much sense.
  9. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyCapone View Post
    8050mg is only ~8g. Way underdosed in my opinion....
    OMG yea... I take 8 grams of L-Leucine 2x a day alone
  10. New Member
    redemption79's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    260
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    OMG yea... I take 8 grams of L-Leucine 2x a day alone

    For what reason? Have you discovered something that would suggest one would benefit from such a high dose? I don't think I've found any evidence that would support taking more than 2-3 grams at a time.
    I've spent a lot of time researching leucine, so I would appreciate any unique info you can throw my way.

    Thanks,
    -Redemption
  11. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by redemption79 View Post
    For what reason? Have you discovered something that would suggest one would benefit from such a high dose? I don't think I've found any evidence that would support taking more than 2-3 grams at a time.
    I've spent a lot of time researching leucine, so I would appreciate any unique info you can throw my way.

    Thanks,
    -Redemption
    I honestly don't know why I'm dosing it so high, lol.

    I really upped my cardio for my recomp/cut so I'm just trying to take all precautions to keep the muscle. I'll definitely lower the dose to 2 to 3 grams at a time though if that is what studies that have been done have shown in feedback. I just figured the more the better around pre and post workout.
  12. New Member
    krispykev's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    106
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    11.35%

    That's MuscleTech's Alpha Amino Prototype 216
  13. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by krispykev View Post
    That's MuscleTech's Alpha Amino Prototype 216
    Bahaha... that explains why it's under dosed and why there is 100 different ingredients in the profile.

    "Next Generation Super-Amino Muscle Growth Accelerant*

    * Immediately Increases Muscle Growth by 216%
    * University test subjects increased amino acid delivery directly to muscles by 650%
    * Triggers anabolic activity for permanent gains in lean, dense muscle*
    * Engineered with a lab-proven ratio of powerful amino acids to induce rapid muscle growth!


    Patented Formula with Ultra Fast-Absorbing NanoparticulatedAmino Acids"


    Save your $$$$$ DJ, I thought you knew better by now !

  14. New Member
    krispykev's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    66
    Rep Power
    106
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    11.35%

    Yeah just get some bulk bcaa's, eaa's, and leucine.. Muscletech is a joke. With the exception of Gakic..
    I looooove Gakic
  15. New Member
    ShiftyCapone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    323
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    76.39%

    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    I honestly don't know why I'm dosing it so high, lol.

    I really upped my cardio for my recomp/cut so I'm just trying to take all precautions to keep the muscle. I'll definitely lower the dose to 2 to 3 grams at a time though if that is what studies that have been done have shown in feedback. I just figured the more the better around pre and post workout.
    Are you dosing with the other two essential BCAAs? If so, are you keeping close to a 2:2:1 ratio?

    I've also read that taking TOO much Leucine for extended periods of time can increase one's risk of vitamin B3 deficiency. Although I'm not too sure how the relation occurs... Just something you may want to look into further.
  16. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyCapone View Post
    Are you dosing with the other two essential BCAAs? If so, are you keeping close to a 2:2:1 ratio?

    I've also read that taking TOO much Leucine for extended periods of time can increase one's risk of vitamin B3 deficiency. Although I'm not too sure how the relation occurs... Just something you may want to look into further.
    Just the L-Leucine right now.

    I didn't think the isoleucine and the valine were as important as the leucine to buy them in bulk as well. I'm all out of the bulk EAA's and BCAA's I had so I gotta place another order soon.
  17. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    dj seems to be the AM Guinea Pig. i remember going through his post history at one point and many of his threads consists of inquiries regarding products similar in nature to ones like these...

    stick to the stuff that's been tried and proven dj (e.g. creatine monohydrate, whey protein, multiples, fish oil). seems to me you're always looking for what's "up and coming" or "new and advanced". most people don't understand all most companies nowadays do is attempt to re-invent the wheel by using fancy words, labeling and questionable ingredients. not to mention "proprietary blends".

    gotta love those products that have proprietary blends of 3000mg and contain about 27 different vitamins, minerals, herbs and aminos. honestly...
  18. New Member
    Sinon's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Age
    27
    Posts
    216
    Rep Power
    181
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    69.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    dj seems to be the AM Guinea Pig. i remember going through his post history at one point and many of his threads consists of inquiries regarding products similar in nature to ones like these...

    stick to the stuff that's been tried and proven dj (e.g. creatine monohydrate, whey protein, multiples, fish oil). seems to me you're always looking for what's "up and coming" or "new and advanced". most people don't understand all most companies nowadays do is attempt to re-invent the wheel by using fancy words, labeling and questionable ingredients. not to mention "proprietary blends".

    gotta love those products that have proprietary blends of 3000mg and contain about 27 different vitamins, minerals, herbs and aminos. honestly...
    Crash dummy. Lol

    Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
  19. New Member
    redemption79's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    260
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    35.35%

    Quote Originally Posted by AK32408 View Post
    Just the L-Leucine right now.

    I didn't think the isoleucine and the valine were as important as the leucine to buy them in bulk as well. I'm all out of the bulk EAA's and BCAA's I had so I gotta place another order soon.
    American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 17, 317-321, Copyright 1965 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc.
    The Effects of Test Doses of Leucine, Isoleucine or Valine on Plasma Amino Acid Levels
    The Unique Effect of Leucine
    MARIAN E. SWENDSEID PH.D.1, JUANITA VILLALOBOS M.S.1, WILLIAM S. FIGUEROA M.D.1, and ERNST J. DRENICK M.D.1

    1 From the School of Public Health and the Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California and the Veterans Administration Center, Los Angeles, California

    Test doses of 2 gm. of leucine, isoleucine or valine were administered orally to fasting obese and normal weight subjects; plasma amino acid levels were determined at intervals during a 4 hour period. In all subjects, characteristic plasma clearances were obtained with each of the branched chain amino acids. The fasting level of leucine was re-established after 4 hours, but the isoleucine and valine levels were still elevated with valine showing the greatest increase over the fasting value. Of the amino acids administered, only leucine reduced the plasma levels of the other branched chain amino acids. A 10 gm. test dose of leucine accentuated this reduction and other essential amino acids were also decreased. No clear-cut differences could be demonstrated in the response of obese and normal weight subjects to the administration of the branched chain amino acids.
  20. Banned
    Jda777's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    197
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    95.45%

    I take 5gms of 2:1:1 before empty stomach cardio, during my lifting, and right before bed. I supplement some extra taurine too as I heard it is good for your heart. All the other aminos I am getting from shakes and food.

    I'm maintaining my muscle as I cut. You could take in more, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. I swear one can go broke buying all of the supplements out there.
  21. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jda777 View Post
    I swear one can go broke buying all of the supplements out there.
    Queen said it best: I Want It All

    dj's current inquiry:
  22. IBE/PHF Rep
    AK32408's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  245 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,434
    Rep Power
    1312
    Level
    35
    Lv. Percent
    50.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by redemption79 View Post
    American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 17, 317-321, Copyright 1965 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc.
    The Effects of Test Doses of Leucine, Isoleucine or Valine on Plasma Amino Acid Levels
    The Unique Effect of Leucine
    MARIAN E. SWENDSEID PH.D.1, JUANITA VILLALOBOS M.S.1, WILLIAM S. FIGUEROA M.D.1, and ERNST J. DRENICK M.D.1

    1 From the School of Public Health and the Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California and the Veterans Administration Center, Los Angeles, California

    Test doses of 2 gm. of leucine, isoleucine or valine were administered orally to fasting obese and normal weight subjects; plasma amino acid levels were determined at intervals during a 4 hour period. In all subjects, characteristic plasma clearances were obtained with each of the branched chain amino acids. The fasting level of leucine was re-established after 4 hours, but the isoleucine and valine levels were still elevated with valine showing the greatest increase over the fasting value. Of the amino acids administered, only leucine reduced the plasma levels of the other branched chain amino acids. A 10 gm. test dose of leucine accentuated this reduction and other essential amino acids were also decreased. No clear-cut differences could be demonstrated in the response of obese and normal weight subjects to the administration of the branched chain amino acids.
    Good post

    I'm splitting my leucine doses up starting today, 3 grams with breakfast, 3 grams pre-workout, 3 grams post-workout, and 3 grams before bed. Do you guys think this is a better method then my previous dosing protocol of just mega-loading the leucine in just 2 doses ?
    IBE/PHF Boladrol - The Most Potent PH in the World - Available Now!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Pill Aminos
    By votum in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-20-2010, 03:13 PM
  2. stocking up on aminos, need help!
    By pinchharmonic in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 06:14 PM
  3. aminos
    By quitman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 09:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in