aminos. Any thoughts?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you think of this amino profile? 8050.00 mg L-Arginine ** L-Glutamine ** L-Methionine ** L-Lysine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-Proline ** L-Threonine ** Taurine ** L-arginine AKG ** L-Lysine HCl ** N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-arginine - L-arginine AKG ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproic acid) ** L-threonine AKG ** N-acetyl l-methionine ** Taurine AKG ** L-glutamine AKG ** L-alanyl l-glutamine ** (Precision Ratio Branched Chain Matrix) ** L-Isoleucine ** L-Leucine ** L-Valine ** L-leucine pyroglutamate ** L-isoleucine pyroglutamate ** L-leucine AKG ** L-valine AKG ** (Max-Strength Delivery Amplifier) ** L-Histidine ** L-carnosine ** Beta-Alanine ** Betaine anhydrous ** Betaine HCl ** Spinacia oleracea extract (leaf) Standardized for 10% 20-hydroxyecdysterone ** GBB HCl (gamma-butyrobetaine HCl) ** Ethyl pyruvate ** Bitter melon extract (as Momordica charantia) (fruit) ** Ligusticum wallichii extract (stem and root ** (Next Gen Alpha-Keto Amino Fusion) ** HICA (alpha-hydroxyisocaproic acid) ** HIVA (alpha-hydroxyisovaleric acid) ** HIMVA (alpha-hydroxymethylvaleric acid) ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproate calcium) ** KIVA (alpha-ketoisovalerate sodium) ** KMVA (alpha-keto-beta-methylvalerate sodium ** GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid) ** Alpha-amino n-butyrate

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
where are you going with this post? what prompted you to write it? is it product information? As for aminos-they are abundant in protein and depending what type you eat, each amino has a varying amount. Always to try to eat complete proteins .however single aminos taken on there own are done so for a specific purpose eg, taurine, glutamine.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i think there a lot there.......i doesn't say how much of what though.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
What do you think of this amino profile? 8050.00 mg L-Arginine ** L-Glutamine ** L-Methionine ** L-Lysine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-Proline ** L-Threonine ** Taurine ** L-arginine AKG ** L-Lysine HCl ** N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine ** L-Phenylalanine ** L-arginine - L-arginine AKG ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproic acid) ** L-threonine AKG ** N-acetyl l-methionine ** Taurine AKG ** L-glutamine AKG ** L-alanyl l-glutamine ** (Precision Ratio Branched Chain Matrix) ** L-Isoleucine ** L-Leucine ** L-Valine ** L-leucine pyroglutamate ** L-isoleucine pyroglutamate ** L-leucine AKG ** L-valine AKG ** (Max-Strength Delivery Amplifier) ** L-Histidine ** L-carnosine ** Beta-Alanine ** Betaine anhydrous ** Betaine HCl ** Spinacia oleracea extract (leaf) Standardized for 10% 20-hydroxyecdysterone ** GBB HCl (gamma-butyrobetaine HCl) ** Ethyl pyruvate ** Bitter melon extract (as Momordica charantia) (fruit) ** Ligusticum wallichii extract (stem and root ** (Next Gen Alpha-Keto Amino Fusion) ** HICA (alpha-hydroxyisocaproic acid) ** HIVA (alpha-hydroxyisovaleric acid) ** HIMVA (alpha-hydroxymethylvaleric acid) ** KIC (alpha-ketoisocaproate calcium) ** KIVA (alpha-ketoisovalerate sodium) ** KMVA (alpha-keto-beta-methylvalerate sodium ** GABA (gamma-amino butyric acid) ** Alpha-amino n-butyrate
There is probably only a pinch of each amino in that blend.

Just go with bulk EAA, BCAA, and Leucine from nutra and make your on mix that will be 10x better and you actually know how much of each you're getting.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its some new product on the market. 6 tablets.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just a product I saw. I don't mind taking tablets. Iv done that with leucine before.

purebred

why don't you just post a link to the product description and label...?

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
8050mg is only ~8g. Way underdosed in my opinion... Especially capped. Can't be more than 30 servings (240 caps) maximum per bottle.

why don't you just post a link to the product description and label...?
That would just make far too much sense.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
OMG yea... I take 8 grams of L-Leucine 2x a day alone :laugh:

For what reason? Have you discovered something that would suggest one would benefit from such a high dose? I don't think I've found any evidence that would support taking more than 2-3 grams at a time.
I've spent a lot of time researching leucine, so I would appreciate any unique info you can throw my way.

Thanks,
-Redemption

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
For what reason? Have you discovered something that would suggest one would benefit from such a high dose? I don't think I've found any evidence that would support taking more than 2-3 grams at a time.
I've spent a lot of time researching leucine, so I would appreciate any unique info you can throw my way.

Thanks,
-Redemption
I honestly don't know why I'm dosing it so high, lol.

I really upped my cardio for my recomp/cut so I'm just trying to take all precautions to keep the muscle. I'll definitely lower the dose to 2 to 3 grams at a time though if that is what studies that have been done have shown in feedback. I just figured the more the better around pre and post workout.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
That's MuscleTech's Alpha Amino Prototype 216
Bahaha... that explains why it's under dosed and why there is 100 different ingredients in the profile.

"Next Generation Super-Amino Muscle Growth Accelerant*

* Immediately Increases Muscle Growth by 216%
* University test subjects increased amino acid delivery directly to muscles by 650%
* Triggers anabolic activity for permanent gains in lean, dense muscle*
* Engineered with a lab-proven ratio of powerful amino acids to induce rapid muscle growth!

Patented Formula with Ultra Fast-Absorbing NanoparticulatedAmino Acids"

Save your $$$$$ DJ, I thought you knew better by now !

:laugh:

krispykev

Awards
Yeah just get some bulk bcaa's, eaa's, and leucine.. Muscletech is a joke. With the exception of Gakic..
I looooove Gakic

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
I honestly don't know why I'm dosing it so high, lol.

I really upped my cardio for my recomp/cut so I'm just trying to take all precautions to keep the muscle. I'll definitely lower the dose to 2 to 3 grams at a time though if that is what studies that have been done have shown in feedback. I just figured the more the better around pre and post workout.
Are you dosing with the other two essential BCAAs? If so, are you keeping close to a 2:2:1 ratio?

I've also read that taking TOO much Leucine for extended periods of time can increase one's risk of vitamin B3 deficiency. Although I'm not too sure how the relation occurs... Just something you may want to look into further.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Are you dosing with the other two essential BCAAs? If so, are you keeping close to a 2:2:1 ratio?

I've also read that taking TOO much Leucine for extended periods of time can increase one's risk of vitamin B3 deficiency. Although I'm not too sure how the relation occurs... Just something you may want to look into further.
Just the L-Leucine right now.

I didn't think the isoleucine and the valine were as important as the leucine to buy them in bulk as well. I'm all out of the bulk EAA's and BCAA's I had so I gotta place another order soon.

purebred

dj seems to be the AM Guinea Pig. i remember going through his post history at one point and many of his threads consists of inquiries regarding products similar in nature to ones like these...

stick to the stuff that's been tried and proven dj (e.g. creatine monohydrate, whey protein, multiples, fish oil). seems to me you're always looking for what's "up and coming" or "new and advanced". most people don't understand all most companies nowadays do is attempt to re-invent the wheel by using fancy words, labeling and questionable ingredients. not to mention "proprietary blends".

gotta love those products that have proprietary blends of 3000mg and contain about 27 different vitamins, minerals, herbs and aminos. honestly...:suspect:

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
dj seems to be the AM Guinea Pig. i remember going through his post history at one point and many of his threads consists of inquiries regarding products similar in nature to ones like these...

stick to the stuff that's been tried and proven dj (e.g. creatine monohydrate, whey protein, multiples, fish oil). seems to me you're always looking for what's "up and coming" or "new and advanced". most people don't understand all most companies nowadays do is attempt to re-invent the wheel by using fancy words, labeling and questionable ingredients. not to mention "proprietary blends".

gotta love those products that have proprietary blends of 3000mg and contain about 27 different vitamins, minerals, herbs and aminos. honestly...:suspect:
Crash dummy. Lol

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Just the L-Leucine right now.

I didn't think the isoleucine and the valine were as important as the leucine to buy them in bulk as well. I'm all out of the bulk EAA's and BCAA's I had so I gotta place another order soon.
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 17, 317-321, Copyright © 1965 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc.
The Effects of Test Doses of Leucine, Isoleucine or Valine on Plasma Amino Acid Levels
The Unique Effect of Leucine
MARIAN E. SWENDSEID PH.D.1, JUANITA VILLALOBOS M.S.1, WILLIAM S. FIGUEROA M.D.1, and ERNST J. DRENICK M.D.1

1 From the School of Public Health and the Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California and the Veterans Administration Center, Los Angeles, California

Test doses of 2 gm. of leucine, isoleucine or valine were administered orally to fasting obese and normal weight subjects; plasma amino acid levels were determined at intervals during a 4 hour period. In all subjects, characteristic plasma clearances were obtained with each of the branched chain amino acids. The fasting level of leucine was re-established after 4 hours, but the isoleucine and valine levels were still elevated with valine showing the greatest increase over the fasting value. Of the amino acids administered, only leucine reduced the plasma levels of the other branched chain amino acids. A 10 gm. test dose of leucine accentuated this reduction and other essential amino acids were also decreased. No clear-cut differences could be demonstrated in the response of obese and normal weight subjects to the administration of the branched chain amino acids.

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
I take 5gms of 2:1:1 before empty stomach cardio, during my lifting, and right before bed. I supplement some extra taurine too as I heard it is good for your heart. All the other aminos I am getting from shakes and food.

I'm maintaining my muscle as I cut. You could take in more, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. I swear one can go broke buying all of the supplements out there.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 17, 317-321, Copyright © 1965 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc.
The Effects of Test Doses of Leucine, Isoleucine or Valine on Plasma Amino Acid Levels
The Unique Effect of Leucine
MARIAN E. SWENDSEID PH.D.1, JUANITA VILLALOBOS M.S.1, WILLIAM S. FIGUEROA M.D.1, and ERNST J. DRENICK M.D.1

1 From the School of Public Health and the Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of California and the Veterans Administration Center, Los Angeles, California

Test doses of 2 gm. of leucine, isoleucine or valine were administered orally to fasting obese and normal weight subjects; plasma amino acid levels were determined at intervals during a 4 hour period. In all subjects, characteristic plasma clearances were obtained with each of the branched chain amino acids. The fasting level of leucine was re-established after 4 hours, but the isoleucine and valine levels were still elevated with valine showing the greatest increase over the fasting value. Of the amino acids administered, only leucine reduced the plasma levels of the other branched chain amino acids. A 10 gm. test dose of leucine accentuated this reduction and other essential amino acids were also decreased. No clear-cut differences could be demonstrated in the response of obese and normal weight subjects to the administration of the branched chain amino acids.
Good post :)

I'm splitting my leucine doses up starting today, 3 grams with breakfast, 3 grams pre-workout, 3 grams post-workout, and 3 grams before bed. Do you guys think this is a better method then my previous dosing protocol of just mega-loading the leucine in just 2 doses ?