B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Acidophilus Probiotic

Bacteria is harmful to people. That is what a lot of people believe in, probably because of lack of knowledge and the widespread use of antibacterial detergents, soaps, and other antibacterial products.

But did you know that the human digestive tract actually host around four hundred different yeasts and bacteria? The problem is lack of information dissemination about the good aspects of bacteria. Even a minute group of physicians are not that ready to accept the benefits of bacteria to human health.

Lactobacillus Acidophilus is a probiotic bacteria also found in the digestive tract. It helps in maintaining a healthy intestine, serving as a natural antibiotic against harmful organisms. It is therefore necessary to maintain a normal balance of acidophilus in our intestines.

Acidophilus

Yogurts contain acidophilus, and for many years, people patronized such product because of its nutritional and therapeutic benefits. An alternative source of acidophilus is probiotic supplements. Many probiotic supplements are available now in health food stores.

The acidophilus probiotic is used to:

- ease irritable bowel syndrome; lactobacillus acidophilus relieves IBS
- controls diarrhea
- reduces flatulence; gas and bloating are typically reduced
- combat vaginal infections and yeasts associated with Candida; Chronic candidiasis produces digestive disturbances, allergies, fatigue, and other symptoms
- relieves urinary tract infection
- combat odor-producing bacteria which causes bad breath

Probiotics do not colonize inside your body permanently. Regular ingestion is needed to get health promoting effects. Select the best probiotic supplement available. Make sure that the supplement can provide you with live acidophilus bacteria needed by the intestines.

Hector Milla at www.TheNutriSystem.com is parked free, courtesy of iDotz.Net shows you how to get one week absolutely free of Nutrisystem Healthy Diet, website associated with AcidophilusEffects.com a website about side effects of lactobacillus acidophilus.

By: Hector Milla

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Probiotics do not colonize inside your body permanently. Regular ingestion is needed to get health promoting effects. Select the best probiotic supplement available. Make sure that the supplement can provide you with live acidophilus bacteria needed by the intestines.
That part I was not aware of. Thanks for posting that. I thought once you had the good bacteria, they stayed with you unless you took antibiotics or got sick or something.

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
Ordered some of this strain few days ago. Some info that may help people who buy this type of probiotic:

Look for capsules that contain a minimum of 1 billion spores, ideally between 5-10 billion would be good.

Also make sure the capsules are entertic coated or that the probiotic is acid/bile stable. It will also help to supplement with small amounts of F.O.S powder (Fructooligosaccharides) along with the capsules. F.O.S is food for the friendly bacteria in the gut and will help the bacteria to colonize, also if i remember right F.O.S doesn't get broken down by the acids in the stomach either which is good.

Hope this info helps someone :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My doctor gave me many weeks worth of sample packs of a product called Align. It contains Bifantis® (Bifidobacterium infantis 35624).

Another strain is Lactobacillus which is contained in Gut Health

I am treating myself after running a couple extensive rounds of antibiotics. After a couple weeks of the Align (it was free) I plan on adding in the Gut Health so I introduce two strains.

"Fructooligosaccharides" looks like a sugar by the name of it. Interesting.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Any additional information regarding the other lactobacillus strains? Whether they're beneficial together or if they would compete to populate? dsade was saying that Gut Health's strain of L. Casei can actually help to increase L. Acidophilus populations.

What about bifidobactium strains? Maybe a new thread on these guys?

I want a veritable jungle in my guts!

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
I will stay I started the stack in my signature (3-AD/Havoc) about 28 days ago. With this I increased my protein (mostly whey) and just calories in general. Needless to say I got a large increase in gas and intestinal discomfort. After some research I bought Gut Health and have been taking it for about 6-7 days now. I'm in the heaviest part of my cycle now and have seen a significant decrease in gas and the discomfort while having my calories slightly higher than previous weeks. Still a little early to tell for sure but thus far this supplement has got me giving it a thumbs up. Probably will be a staple from here on out. The wife (littlejeni) seems to really like it as well. Just my 2 cents.

B

briancogs888

Awards
Fructooligosaccharides are short-chain polymers of fructose. Oligosaccharides usually contain between three and ten sugar molecules, since monosaccharides are one sugar molecule and disaccharides contain two sugar molecules. Glucose, fructose, galactose, ribose are all monosaccharides. Sucrose, maltose, lactose are disaccharides. A long-chain sugar is called a polysaccharide, such as cellulose.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any additional information regarding the other lactobacillus strains? Whether they're beneficial together or if they would compete to populate? dsade was saying that Gut Health's strain of L. Casei can actually help to increase L. Acidophilus populations.

What about bifidobactium strains? Maybe a new thread on these guys?

I want a veritable jungle in my guts!
The Probiotic Short-Course

WilteredFire

WilteredFire

Awards
  • Established
The L. Casei definately sounds interesting, thinking of giving this a try within the next few months when I can spare some extra cash, definately worth taking a supplement that can help increase your bodys ability to increase protein digestion/absorption and help with flatuence.

S

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
I get staph about once every three months and am constantly on harsh antibiotics. Acidophilus was recommended to be by one my professors to get help combat the harsh antibiotic effects. I take that activia brand yogurt every day which has some good probiotics.