All creatines really that different?

spaniel1287

Awards
Of all those different brands of creatines out there, are they really all that different?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of all those different brands of creatines out there, are they really all that different?
All you need is monohydrate and a delevery system (ala, sugar etc). Some types are just more refined and easier to digest supposedly. Monohydrate is still the choice of champions in my book tho.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
All you need is monohydrate and a delevery system (ala, sugar etc). Some types are just more refined and easier to digest supposedly. Monohydrate is still the choice of champions in my book tho.
I agree Mono is king of creatines!

but, I didn't think that ALA would be considered a delivery system...I can see how ALA would be beneficial if you were taking it with a delivery system though.

I like to use creatine mono with WMS...cheap and effective!

Stryfe

Stryfe

Awards
What do you guys mean a "delivery system?"

I thought throwing it in water or a shake was "delivering" it to my body?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you guys mean a "delivery system?"

I thought throwing it in water or a shake was "delivering" it to my body?
you need a transport to get the creatine into the muscle...this is usually some sort of sugar.

this is why a lot of people used to take creatine with juice.

most other forms of creatine are very similar to creatine mono...they just have some sort of delivery system included with it. example creatine gluconate has glucose attached to the creatine molecule. the glucose works as the delivery system for the creatine.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Creatine mono = no delivery system into the muscle. Some of said creatine stays OUTSIDE of the muscle and causes "bloated" feeling and soft look

di Creatine malate, magnesium creatine chelate, CEE, etc = delivery system to force creatine into muscle causing 'muscle fullness' feeling and pumped look.

But when it comes down to it, creatine is creatine. People just argue which delivery system is better for getting the highest amount of creatine to it's desired location - the muscle itself

krispykev

Awards
In theory, you shouldn't mix creatine with citrus juice. Orange, grapefruit, cranberry, most fruit juices have been said to neutralize the activity of creatine monohydrate. The reason is the waste product creatinine develops.