Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Study: ‘creatine ethyl ester doesn’t work’

saw this on this link and looks interesting to debate
    http://www.ergo-log.com/cee.html

Ordinary creatine works better than creatine ethyl ester, according to a study carried out at Baylor University in Texas. They say that the creatine analogue is of little use to beginner-level athletes. We at Ergo-log have our reservations about the study, but let the facts speak for themselves. That way you can judge for yourself.

Creatine ethyl ester [structural formula shown below] is an ethyl analogue of creatine. The ethyl group makes the molecule less soluble in water. According to the manufacturers of supplements containing creatine ethyl ester, this characteristic
    means that the analogue enters muscle cells more easily. That’s why the substance, if taken thirty minutes to an hour before a weight training session, should work better than creatine. This is also the experience of many users.

A study published way back in 1955 showed that, in an acid environment, creatine ethyl ester is converted into the far less active creatinine. [J Amer Chem Soc. 1955;77:178–180.] This was recently confirmed in a British test-tube study – although the results weren’t published, they were presented at a congress on sports nutrition in 2007. [Link] But there were no human studies in
    which test subjects had taken creatine ethyl ester.

Until now.

The researchers did an experiment with thirty young men who had not trained before. One group were given a placebo and did weight training. Another group trained also and took ordinary creatine, and yet another group trained and took the creatine ethyl ester produced by Labrada. During the first week the test subjects took twenty grams daily of creatine or the ethyl analogue. For six weeks after that they took a daily five grams of the supplement they were on. The supplements were taken in the morning, and the subjects were allowed to train whenever they wanted. So no, they didn’t use the supplements as they should be used.

The creatine ethyl ester [CEE] had hardly any effect. The quantity of creatine in the muscles increased by a small amount, but the ordinary creatine [CRT] worked better.

The creatine ethyl ester did lead to a considerable increase in the amount of creatinine in the test subjects' blood.

After seven weeks of taking the supplement, the creatine users had made the same amount of progress as the creatine ethyl ester users and the placebo group. In terms of body composition and the development of muscle power, all three groups had made the same amount of progress.

"It can be concluded that a large portion of the creatine ethyl ester was being degraded within the GI tract after ingestion", the researchers conclude. "Furthermore, it appears that the skeletal muscle uptake of creatine ethyl ester uptake was not significant enough to increase skeletal muscle creatine levels without significant degradation to creatinine occurring".

That is the researchers’ conclusion. But creatine ethyl ester didn‘t really have a fair chance in this study.

Source:
    J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2009 Feb 19;6:6.

2. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

another good reason to stick with mono, I've tried the ester but could not tell a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by DormantFiber View Post
    another good reason to stick with mono, I've tried the ester but could not tell a difference.
    agreed , the best creatine product I ever took was neovar rc, I really feel a difference, try it on your pct, it will help on keeping those gains
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I would not wipe my ass with anything that is related to that piss-poor site, ergo-log. Although, I do agree that Mono is far superior to CEE; however, you guys need to check into Trinitine. WoW!

Good article, though, Nunes!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

"The supplements were taken in the morning, and the subjects were allowed to train whenever they wanted. So no, they didn’t use the supplements as they should be used."

That says enough for me to not take this study seriously. It wasn't strict enough.

First time I took ethyl ester I thought it was one of the best supplements ever. I got big pumps from it. Then after a few weeks no more pumps and no more results. Now i stick with monohydrate and it does the job all the time.. not just for short periods of time.
    “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.92%

Quote Originally Posted by nunes View Post
    agreed , the best creatine product I ever took was neovar rc, I really feel a difference, try it on your pct, it will help on keeping those gains
    Word on that. NeoVar gets me swole up. Gotta love how just seems to force feed those carbs to your muscles.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.43%

I choose neovar!!
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.92%

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I choose neovar!!
    Good man! More and more people are realizing what a great product it is. It takes time for people to come around and word to spread, but eventually they'll all catch on to the power of these shiny little orange capsules.
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.02%

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis View Post
    Good man! More and more people are realizing what a great product it is. It takes time for people to come around and word to spread, but eventually they'll all catch on to the power of these shiny little orange capsules.
    If its from AN its good
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  152 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.83%

i usually take kre-alkyln and it works fine for me
  11. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.67%

CEE has always been "hype." Pretty much like the ENTIRE supplement business.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I already posted that cee and kre akyline does not work. No need to re post but actually do a search in the search box. There is a whole thread on this I started. Thanks any way.

saw this on this link and looks interesting to debate
    http://www.ergo-log.com/cee.html

Ordinary creatine works better than creatine ethyl ester, according to a study carried out at Baylor University in Texas. They say that the creatine analogue is of little use to beginner-level athletes. We at Ergo-log have our reservations about the study, but let the facts speak for themselves. That way you can judge for yourself.

Creatine ethyl ester [structural formula shown below] is an ethyl analogue of creatine. The ethyl group makes the molecule less soluble in water. According to the manufacturers of supplements containing creatine ethyl ester, this characteristic
    means that the analogue enters muscle cells more easily. That’s why the substance, if taken thirty minutes to an hour before a weight training session, should work better than creatine. This is also the experience of many users.

A study published way back in 1955 showed that, in an acid environment, creatine ethyl ester is converted into the far less active creatinine. [J Amer Chem Soc. 1955;77:178–180.] This was recently confirmed in a British test-tube study – although the results weren’t published, they were presented at a congress on sports nutrition in 2007. [Link] But there were no human studies in
    which test subjects had taken creatine ethyl ester.

Until now.

The researchers did an experiment with thirty young men who had not trained before. One group were given a placebo and did weight training. Another group trained also and took ordinary creatine, and yet another group trained and took the creatine ethyl ester produced by Labrada. During the first week the test subjects took twenty grams daily of creatine or the ethyl analogue. For six weeks after that they took a daily five grams of the supplement they were on. The supplements were taken in the morning, and the subjects were allowed to train whenever they wanted. So no, they didn’t use the supplements as they should be used.

The creatine ethyl ester [CEE] had hardly any effect. The quantity of creatine in the muscles increased by a small amount, but the ordinary creatine [CRT] worked better.

The creatine ethyl ester did lead to a considerable increase in the amount of creatinine in the test subjects' blood.

After seven weeks of taking the supplement, the creatine users had made the same amount of progress as the creatine ethyl ester users and the placebo group. In terms of body composition and the development of muscle power, all three groups had made the same amount of progress.

"It can be concluded that a large portion of the creatine ethyl ester was being degraded within the GI tract after ingestion", the researchers conclude. "Furthermore, it appears that the skeletal muscle uptake of creatine ethyl ester uptake was not significant enough to increase skeletal muscle creatine levels without significant degradation to creatinine occurring".

That is the researchers’ conclusion. But creatine ethyl ester didn‘t really have a fair chance in this study.

Source:
    J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2009 Feb 19;6:6.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.16%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I already posted that cee and kre akyline does not work. No need to re post but actually do a search in the search box. There is a whole thread on this I started. Thanks any way.
    sorry bro, as you know I`m a old member of am , its rare to re post studies without make a search first but sometimes it happens, in this case ergolog launched the study in the day I post the thread so I thought it was a new one, sorry again
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.73%

Blah its no big deal. Duplicate posts can be a pain, usually when they are duplicate posts of the same questions that have been answered 10 thousand times, but you were just trying to bring some research to light and help some members. Thanks for posting
  15. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.97%

I dont see any harm done here.... its not like its a double post or repost of the same threat... that study just come out the same day it was posted there with new information, plus anyone who missed the previous post will benefit from this thread, thanks for posting this nunes!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

sorry bro, as you know I`m a old member of am , its rare to re post studies without make a search first but sometimes it happens, in this case ergolog launched the study in the day I post the thread so I thought it was a new one, sorry again
    No worries bro. Not a big deal.
  17. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.42%

Will Brink has a good article on Mono if anyone wnats to read it.
  18. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.42%

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine Ethyl Ester can’t work
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-16-2009, 10:40 AM