Digestive Enzyme recommendation.

clint3612

Awards
Hello I was hoping if some of you guys could suggest a affordable and effective digestive enzyme. I got a checkup (endoscope) and they said I had H. Pylori associated chronic gastritis. ( Side note- anybody ever have to deal with this, it kinda sucks.) I'm taking a Prevpac right now for the bacterium. I feel like I'm not getting all of the nutrients in my food. I feel like I've lost a little weight. So, I was hoping some digestive enzymes would help me break down and use the food more efficiently. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Hello I was hoping if some of you guys could suggest a affordable and effective digestive enzyme. I got a checkup (endoscope) and they said I had H. Pylori associated chronic gastritis. ( Side note- anybody ever have to deal with this, it kinda sucks.) I'm taking a Prevpac right now for the bacterium. I feel like I'm not getting all of the nutrients in my food. I feel like I've lost a little weight. So, I was hoping some digestive enzymes would help me break down and use the food more efficiently. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Check this out:

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/rpn/gut-health-75-capsules.html

zachwienandt

zachwienandt

Awards
a while back i was in the hospital for appendicitis and they put me on some pretty heavy antibiotics to kill the bacteria my appendix had basically bred but it also wiped out most of the bacteria in my small intestine. i took a lot of acidophilus and ate a lot of natural, unflavored yogurt and that helped a lot. You can get some pretty good digestive supplements like acidophilus for fairly cheap at GNC or vitamin world and probably online as well.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
For extra protein, Combat powder has a digestive enzyme blend in it ans 2 scoops is 50grams. Should help you out.

clint3612

Awards
Cool, the only thing though, Gut Health is pretty expensive. The digestive enzymes I was wanting were for whole food digestion. Any suggestions?

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
now super enzymes. You can get them at nutraplanet very reasonable.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Doctor told me to eat pineapple. It had a natural digestive enzyme. I forget the name but it is also available as a capsulated supplement.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I currently use NOW Super Enzymes and RPN Gut Health with great results.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Now - Super Enzymes? check
RPN - Gut Health? check

Sounds like everything's set. My friend gets no relief from inexpensive enzymes and she ends up buying high dollar ones. Just goes to show that everyone's different. I'd say start with an inexpensive one like super enzymes and if you're not satisfied with that maybe try a higher priced enzyme. She uses Digest Gold from Enzymedica, very pricey.

bigmoe65

bigmoe65

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I has gastritis last year for about 6 months, mine was induced by eating terrible and drinking too much alcohol. Its one of the worst things I had ever went through. I lost almost twenty pounds. I got rid of it by taking protonix (acid blocker) and eating a completely natural diet. I dont consume any caffiene anymore and I keep alcohol consumption down to maybe 1 drink a month. Try to stop eating processed food also. I made huge sacrifices in my life but it was worth it. Good luck

Jda777

Jda777

Banned
Awards
Cayenne pepper is supposed to help digestion. They sell it in pills......

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget the importance of fiber to. It's the best digestive regulator and eat slowly and chew your meals well. Lack of fiber leads to many intestinal issues.

JGank

Awards
beverly international makes a really good digestive enzyme.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 5
Supplements 4
Supplements 1
Supplements 10
Anabolics 26