Supplements ok for 16 year old?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys first off im not asking about steroids lol trust me not going down that road second i want honest opinions i trust you guys 100% my mind is not set on buying some supplements yet so convince to buy or to not.

Im 6"2 205 lbs in high school i play baseball and am a pitcher i have been lifting for 7 months and by summer ie june with start cutting. since im a pitcher i dont want a lot of muscle mass but to be leaner yet still have good strength. Over the summer i plan on running a lot probally 2-4miles in the morning and lifting at night. I know the basics Creatine, protein, Multi i have that down pat i also know about the diet and how important that is but ive found in the past that i have trouble leaning down. Hence why im looking for the extra edge to push me through that wall.

I was looking at a few products and in all honesty i need to know whats good. I just dont seem to get enough out of creatine and whey especially when i start to cut, i was looking at USP labs anabolic pump i know there was another 16 year old on here that took it fine (forgot his username) but is it safe for me and also i was looking into products like Recreate and PRIME although these seem to have a higher risk for someone my age.

Overall whats good for me BESIDES creatine and whey, I really want to get rid of the fat in belly mainly. Anyways any help is greatly appreciated.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
sorry older brother uses this too so he changes age sometimes,

if thats wrong he can probally make another account but we find it easier to use one

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
No matter what age, anyone can get help leaning out by using a high quality fish oil and Green Tea Extract. These products are going to not only assist in your body composition, but they also have cardiovascular benefits, enhance cognitive function, and will help optimize your hormones. You may also benefit from increasing your dietary intake of calcium through foods such as yogurt, broccoli and spinach. (bet everyone was expecting me to just list dairy foods there lol...)
At 16 you really don't need to mess with anything to crazy and will get great results with just keeping it simple.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
No matter what age, anyone can get help leaning out by using a high quality fish oil and Green Tea Extract. These products are going to not only assist in your body composition, but they also have cardiovascular benefits, enhance cognitive function, and will help optimize your hormones. You may also benefit from increasing your dietary intake of calcium through foods such as yogurt, broccoli and spinach. (bet everyone was expecting me to just list dairy foods there lol...)
At 16 you really don't need to mess with anything to crazy and will get great results with just keeping it simple.

Thanks man ya i was looking at green tea extract earlier might consider that but would i get better results with AP?

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established

Thats perfect. Do some extra suicides every day(about 10 sets with 5 markers, at least 6 ft apart) and you will notice any excess weight vanishing lol. Also, you will get some of the best cardio imaginable, and probably throw up a few times.

Rah22491

Awards
post up your diet and make sure thats in check first. if ur diet isnt good ur just wasting your money on sups

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
ya i was actually gonna do 2 miles then run stairs then rest then 2 miles back this is from house and as for diet im at mercy of parents shoping but i only drink water no junk food and over summer going to stricken up my diet not quite sure exact layout yet.

From my house to resevroir its 2 miles at resevroir theres loooong stairs that im gonna run then run back to house most likely jog and walk lol.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man ya i was looking at green tea extract earlier might consider that but would i get better results with AP?
Depends on your diet really, AP works really well for some people because it complements their normal diets. Personally I never liked using AP for weight loss because my appetite was to strong with it, but it did wonders for putting on mass for me. Pslin by USP leaned me out a little bit, but it started to loss its leaning benefits after a month or so of using it. Green Tea extract dosed at 500mg x 3 a day always boost my metabolism up pretty good, its actually to the point where I won't use it if I am trying to maintain a weight like I am now. Fish oil on the other hand makes a night and day difference on how my body feels. Not only does it help keep me leaner despite a high caloric intake, it has kept my cholesterol low, increased circulation throughout my body, and most importantly kept my joints feeling great while training with maximal effort weights.

Edit: I just seen you really don't have an exact diet figured out, so I wouldn't recommend AP until you get that set because you may end up getting hypoglycemic symptoms and mud butt if your meal macro's are off.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
At your age, I bought whey protein, bcaa's, creatine, l-glutamine. It was affordable enough being on a part time job at the time. I use the same ingredients today.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
ya im probally gonna snag some green tea im gonna really research AP but from what i hear i dont need it. but thanks a lot for advice

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great posts by PMiller. Fish Oils and Green Tea are staples. Something like Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is cheap, natural, and has a variety of benefits. You can take 1g, 3x/daily with an antioxidant . Google ALCAR Benefits and you will be amazed, it's a staple supplement in my book. Also I hope you're taking a good Multi, like ADAM , Orange Triad, etc. and also a ZMA ( Best Value ) .

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
yes thanks steve im currently on ADAM and love it.

ljustman

Awards
Hey man, sounds like you have the right idea comin hear for help, then actually listening to the guys here. I came here in HS looking for Pro-hormones and these guys talked me out of it. I've been coming back ever since. Could you post a diet plan? Alot of times making a few adjustments can help alot. Your diet plan also needs to change a little if you are switching to a cut cycle.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
ya i was planning something like this i really dont know exactly and critique is very much needed one of the reasons im starting research so early is to get the most out of it.

Wakeup- 7:30 am
Breakfast-7:45- Multi, Cereal (or) Oatmeal, Whole grain toast with peanut butter
9:00- 2mile run/stairs/2 mile run
10:30- 2 scoops whey / Cliff Bar
12:00- One of these- Chicken/Salad/Ham Really not sure on lunch yet
2:00- 2 scoops whey with water
3:00- Some sort of snack
5:30- Some sort of dinner usually meat
6:30- Pre-workout sups Creatine/ Sometimes NO drink
8:15- Post workout creatine/ 3 scoops whey

Really need a lot of help on this i have the idea just need to implement it succesfully as a 16 year old im at the mercy of what parents buy so help needed!

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Try to get more whole protein sources. ex., eggs for breakfast, chicken or turkey for lunch, some beef for dinner...

And where's the veggies and fruits?

justinc

Awards
At your age I would stick with Whey protein and a little bit of creatine. Along with a good diet and exercise you will grow.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and definitely more fats. Throw some Salmon in there for dinner, and handful's of peanuts or almonds here and there.

ljustman

Awards
ya i was planning something like this i really dont know exactly and critique is very much needed one of the reasons im starting research so early is to get the most out of it.

Wakeup- 7:30 am
Breakfast-7:45- Multi, Cereal (or) Oatmeal, Whole grain toast with peanut butter
9:00- 2mile run/stairs/2 mile run
10:30- 2 scoops whey / Cliff Bar
12:00- One of these- Chicken/Salad/Ham Really not sure on lunch yet
2:00- 2 scoops whey with water
3:00- Some sort of snack
5:30- Some sort of dinner usually meat
6:30- Pre-workout sups Creatine/ Sometimes NO drink
8:15- Post workout creatine/ 3 scoops whey

Really need a lot of help on this i have the idea just need to implement it succesfully as a 16 year old im at the mercy of what parents buy so help needed!
First of all you are getting a great start, awesome job man. Sounds like you've done a lot more research than when I was in HS.

I would really avoid depending on the shakes for the majority of your protein, try to get the majority from your food. I feel your pain on the food issue though, I'm in college and healthy food is always more expensive. I found a good way to get around this is canned tuna and chicken. Tons of protein and tune has a good deal of creatine as well.

I myself like to take protein shakes after workout and prior to bed, but if you only have an hour or two between post workout and bed, that wouldn't make much sense. Just make sure you space out the creatine and the protein shake a little for post workout, otherwise neither will get absorbed as well as it could. I would also try to get some more time in between your last meal and the pre-workout supps (3 hrs or so works best for me). Make sure you get tons of sleep and water too.
good luck!