Stinging Nettle/Nettle Root

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
I just wonder what the difference is between them.

For example, at vitamin shoppe, there is stinging nettle caps. But at nutra, they have stinging nettle root for much more but it seems to be a much more high quality product. Can someone educate me as to the difference between leaves and roots and such?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
hmmm...not sure, but the studies showing benefit specifically used stinging nettle root extract.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I just wonder what the difference is between them.

For example, at vitamin shoppe, there is stinging nettle caps. But at nutra, they have stinging nettle root for much more but it seems to be a much more high quality product. Can someone educate me as to the difference between leaves and roots and such?
Did it specifically state it was a leaf extract? There may be higher concentrations of certain chemicals in various parts of the plant, hence the different sources.

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I didn't think it mattered what part of the plant you were using so long as the 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran was standardized.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As a general rule, the root is preferred for conditions relating to male hormonal levels, benign prostate hyperplasia, and hair loss; while the leaves will be preferred for inflammatory states, diuretic properties, allergic conditions, and so on.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
As a general rule, the root is preferred for conditions relating to male hormonal levels, benign prostate hyperplasia, and hair loss; while the leaves will be preferred for inflammatory states, diuretic properties, allergic conditions, and so on.

good post. i just read the same thing and was about to post it.