quick question before i go running

mw525

mw525

Awards
i usually have dark matter post workout...but post cardio my dad was telling me that to optimize the effects of the cardio do not eat for one hour post cardio...does anyone know if this is true i usually will have some whey with half a scoop waxy maize...and if true would it still apply to fasted cardio

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I personally still do a shake post-cardio. The benefits of the shake are higher then the benefits of an extra hour of a slightly increased heart rate and the fat burning that will come from it.

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
Make sure you cool down, stretch and then take your shake.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
I do HIIT and I wait about 30 min after I finish and have 2 servings of extend with about 5 grams bulk EAA powder and some extra leucine and then I take a shower then eat I use AP so about 15 min after I take the AP I eat breakfast and I can always tell the next morning when I wake up I look so much leaner after the previous days morining HIIT cardio so I say just experiment with it and find what works for you

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Typically fasted cardio (~12 hours without eating) glycogen stores will still abundant enough to sustain moderate intensity lasting about an hour. If you eat, either the carbohydrates (simple) will be immediately used as a substrate for ATP resynthesis or used to replenish your glycogen stores and blood glucose (complex carbohydrates). The main thing is kcals in Vs kcals burned.

BigRon2000

BigRon2000

Awards
What do you mean dark matter?

Whey is fine to take post cardio. Beneficial, actually. Just mix it with water.