Switching types of creatine

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
So if i switch from Dicreatine malate to creatine mono do i need to do another load phase when i start the mono?

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
I've never loaded creatine.. taking alot at a time gives me stomach problems, not to mention i read somewhere that high doses minimizes creatine receptors (downregulation)
This is why I've read cycling creatine is not a bad idea..
Either way, I've always done 10g post workout with some CEE preworkout.. (10g pre and post is what I do when I'm out of CEE)

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
the reccomended dosage is 5g pre and 5g post 10g may be overdoing it but whatever works for you.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
ok coo ill just not worry about doing a loading phase.

Jayhawk34

Jayhawk34

Awards
Loading should not (I'm not sure it ever really is) be needed.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Dicreatine Malate is like mono except with the malate chain attached (or particle, whatever...not great with scientific units), so I highly doubt it to change the equation very much for the switch. Creatine really doesn't require loading, let alone reloading, so I think you're alright.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
try size on, blows em all away in my opinion, but its simply mono with a glucose molecule attached. $$ but good to go

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
It'd be more economical to buy nutra's creatine gluconate when it's in stock.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Thx for the input guys, my dicreatine malate is almost gone so im gonna use my bottle of MAN clout i have from a year ago lol and then ima just grab a kilo of bulk creatine mono.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree that loading isn't necessary, but you might want to cycle 2 months on, minimum 2 weeks off or a month. Then repeat. Just my .02 thats the beauty of creatine. It's actually good for you if used properly.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
I agree that loading isn't necessary, but you might want to cycle 2 months on, minimum 2 weeks off or a month. Then repeat. Just my .02 thats the beauty of creatine. It's actually good for you if used properly.
Why would you cycle it? There's no reason to.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a some say cycle it, some say you don't. Are you aware it puts stress on your kidneys? not a ton but it certainly does. Also after a while your body wont respond as well to it. Thats why most, yes most, think it's wise to use for a while then simply talke 2-4 weeks off. EG: 8 weeks on 4 off, makes alot of sense to me, do you want to be on creatine for 60 years in a row? I sure as hell dont.

Cinn

Cinn

Awards
a some say cycle it, some say you don't. Are you aware it puts stress on your kidneys? not a ton but it certainly does. Also after a while your body wont respond as well to it. Thats why most, yes most, think it's wise to use for a while then simply talke 2-4 weeks off. EG: 8 weeks on 4 off, makes alot of sense to me, do you want to be on creatine for 60 years in a row? I sure as hell dont.

It really doesn't put any stress on your kidneys at normal doses(5g/day or so). The literature shows this. If your body stops responding to creatine then you will die. It's required for us to live(ATP production). In other words that doesn't happen.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
It takes 2 weeks for it really to accumulate in your system...I would run creatine much longer than 8, probably to 12.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
try size on, blows em all away in my opinion, but its simply mono with a glucose molecule attached. $$ but good to go
No, it's not.
Creatine gluconate is creatine and gluconic acid, not glucose.

Jayhawk34

Jayhawk34

Awards
It really doesn't put any stress on your kidneys at normal doses(5g/day or so). The literature shows this. If your body stops responding to creatine then you will die. It's required for us to live(ATP production). In other words that doesn't happen.
He didn't say that it would stop completely. I believe he is referring to the study on rats that showed lowered creatine transporter activity. There was a human study done though that did not reach the same conclusion, but I don't believe it was published. Either way, the choice is yours :)