TTA PPAR Antagonist??

shanebee

Awards
All the write ups I've read say that TTA is a PPAR Antagonist, that doesn't make since at all, especially when it says PPAR Alpha (the co-factor PGC-1Alpha i assume?), that transcription factor is a gene promoter for mitochondria function, it doesn't make since to antagonize the PPAR receptor and increase metabolism. Hopefully the write up was wrong and they meant agonist, or maybe i totally don't understand that pathway, but in the research we do at school, we have been looking at PGC1Alpha and it's effects on mitochondria function, so I do know a thing or two about this stuff :p.

i checked pubmed.. i found a handful of articles stating its a PPAR agonist not antagonist >< that scares me.. who wrote that writeup and how could you knowing write the other stuff without knowing what a agonist/antagonist is? typo i hope.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
All the write ups I've read say that TTA is a PPAR Antagonist, that doesn't make since at all, especially when it says PPAR Alpha (the co-factor PGC-1Alpha i assume?), that transcription factor is a gene promoter for mitochondria function, it doesn't make since to antagonize the PPAR receptor and increase metabolism. Hopefully the write up was wrong and they meant agonist, or maybe i totally don't understand that pathway, but in the research we do at school, we have been looking at PGC1Alpha and it's effects on mitochondria function, so I do know a thing or two about this stuff :p.

i checked pubmed.. i found a handful of articles stating its a PPAR agonist not antagonist >< that scares me.. who wrote that writeup and how could you knowing write the other stuff without knowing what a agonist/antagonist is? typo i hope.
Was a typo and was corrected, but some retailer sites never updated it when the revised write up was sent out. Sorry for any confusion as most people familiar with TTA knew it was typo, so had never been a big deal. Hope that clarifies.