Orange triad to replce my ZMA?

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
If i take Orange triad can i stop buying ZMA? Orange triad contains the ingrediants of ZMA.

Just buying next months supps and wondering if i can save money here.

Thanks

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope; Orange Triad is taken with meals, and minerals are best absorbed on an empty stomach. Also the amount of ZMA in OT isn't as high as in a ZMA product.

OT only has 100mg Mg, 30mg Zn , comapred to 450 and 30mg respectively. So you might be OK on the zinc, but low on the Magnesium.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Which ZMA are you using? I'm currently on ZMK by Millenium Sports Tech. and loving it, but Primaforce's ZMA is also real good, an the price is great. Much more basic than ZMK, but it does the trick. $15 for about 60 days. I believe ZMK is about $18 for 30 days, but definitely seems to work the best.

majinbijiita

majinbijiita

Awards
The only difference I've seen between different ZMA's is the amount of b6. So I now use Primaforce, and just get 50mg b6 @ walmart.

I used to use generic zinc and mag from walmart, but the type they have (magnsium oxide, zinc gluconate) is not as bioavailable as the zinc aspartate and magnesium aspartate in ZMA. But b6 is the same b6 anywhere that I've seen...I'm looking at my receipt and I'm pretty sure it's 1.77. (per 100ct of 50mg b6). So you'd be saving a few bucks per container of ZMA I believe.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Agreed ZMA is a particular product with a particular purpose, not to be replaced to OT but added