Tyrosine = libido?

Sprax

Awards
Or at least a lot of websites claim that is the case. Any experiences?

Screwtape

Screwtape

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tyrosine is a precursor of dopamine, so it is possible.

Sprax

Awards
Tyrosine is a precursor of dopamine, so it is possible.
I know it's possible. :p What I want to know is whether is actually works. Since there is so little research I figure the only way to get info is to ask around. If you get enough answers it might be statistically significant.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
in large dosages it will slightly increases ur libido (atleast for me it did)... but u sweat non-stop all day... it will probably be better if u just got some l-dopa... i recently finished up 2 weeks of megadosing GABA and Tyrosine... and it was real good for leaning out...

Sprax

Awards
in large dosages it will slightly increases ur libido (atleast for me it did)... but u sweat non-stop all day... it will probably be better if u just got some l-dopa... i recently finished up 2 weeks of megadosing GABA and Tyrosine... and it was real good for leaning out...
I hear l-dopa is dangerous though. Apparently it can cause your body to stop producing it's own l-dopa and therefore lower dopamine levels in the long run. Or something like that... I'm not a doctor.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
How'd you dose the tyrosine?

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
i mean l-dopa extraced from mucuna pruriens...

i dosed the tyrosine 4grams 3 times per day...and gaba the same way....

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Tyrosine= Increase dopamine= increase libido

Combine mucuna pruriens with tyrosine and or Phenylalanine and bam! Alpha male attitude, focus, libido, confidence, aggression. Great pre workout.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
i mean l-dopa extraced from mucuna pruriens...

i dosed the tyrosine 4grams 3 times per day...and gaba the same way....
Gee at that dosage then yes it would work.

Its a key part of adrenal fatigue but the idea here is to dose low over a long time. Agreed though that dosing would rock.

drdeadlift

Awards
I don't know about the tyrosine at that dose but I would advise anyone against dosing GABA at 12gm/day or even 4gm at a time. I tried 5gm of GABA prior to sleep once and was tossing and turning all night. Apparently, at higher doses, GABA will make sleeping more difficult, but at 1500mg or less, it helps you sleep.

ritchy

Banned
Awards
tyrosine dosen`t increase my sex drive. However it`s great for increasing mood, focus and ability to concentrate. I take 3 grams everytime pre work out, and often again in the evening. Weekends when I`m working I will take another dose as well. So anywhere from 3 to 9 grams a day. I pretty much always stack it with caffeine, DMAE and pre workout vinpocetine and ephedrine ( 16mg ) This is awesome for energy and rivals any pre workout mix out there today and is dirt cheap to use when your stuff is bought in bulk.

There is one dopamine agonist (cabergoline) wich will keep your pecker hard even after you drop your load, but dosen`t increase sexual desire from what I know.