L-arginine 1000 mg

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
i have just recently bought L-arginine tablets, 1000 mg each, and i have a few questions
how much is safe to be taken daily?
when should i take the doses and how much should i take for each?
can they be taken on a full stomach?
can you build a tolerance to L-arginine?

MHA

Awards
  • Established
So I have seen products like bsn z L-arginine product(forgot the name) you take like 3 times a day and that got me thinking what does taking so much L-arginine do? I do take a NO product pre workout but what is the point of taking L-arginine 3 times a day? I ask cause I got a sh!t load of bulk L-arginine I don't even use but if it good for something I could start to use it up. Thnaks

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
L-Arginine is a amino acid that is the main ingredient in the NO, products. It has a role in producing nitric oxide, releasing growth hormones, and regulating sodium levels in the body.

people are always battling over its usefulness as a pre-workout supplement
im hoping for the best and trying to figure out specifics

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
you can take 3-6 grams 30-45 minutes before and another 3 after workout

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
Maximize it's effectiveness by taking it on an empty stomach.

Draikaiden

Awards
Standard seems to be 3000 mg (3 grams) a dose. If your 150 to 200 pounds usual suggestion is 2 times a day. If 200+ then 3 times a day.

Most common use is pre-work out. Normal suggestions for pre-work out are 3 to 9 grams. If I am mixing my own cocktail for pre-workout I go with 6 grams personally.

Most Arginine products recommend not taking it for more than 12 weeks, then at least 4 weeks off. This is so your body can balance itself out and not become dependant on the high doses of arginine you are giving it.

Studies have shown that it increases fat loss. Bodybuilding products include it to increase the “pump” you get in the gym, increase nutrient delivery to muscles, and boost natural GH levels.

List of benefits taken from wikipedia:

"Arginine plays an important role in cell division, the healing of wounds, removing ammonia from the body, immune function, and the release of hormones."

"The benefits and functions attributed to oral ingestion of L-arginine include:"

"Precursor for the synthesis of nitric oxide (NO)
Stimulation of the release of growth hormone.
Improves immune function
Reduces healing time of injuries (particularly bone)
Quickens repair time of damaged tissue
Reduces risk of heart disease
Increases muscle mass
Reduces adipose tissue body fat
Helps improve insulin sensitivity
Helps decrease blood pressure
Alleviates male infertility, improving sperm production and motility
Increases circulation throughout the body, including the sex organs" -End Quote

Hope this helps answer your questions.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i have just recently bought L-arginine tablets, 1000 mg each, and i have a few questions
how much is safe to be taken daily?3-5grams before and after w/o and 3-5 before bed.when should i take the doses and how much should i take for each?
can they be taken on a full stomach? you should take them on an empty stomach about 30-60 minutes before w/o, you can still have your pre w/o meal, just let the arginine work for a bit and become absorbed into your systemcan you build a tolerance to L-arginine? not that i'm aware of
see above

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
cool thanks thats exactly what i was looking for so you're saying i can take the pills like 15 minutes before my meal and then workout like 20 mins later?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
cool thanks thats exactly what i was looking for so you're saying i can take the pills like 15 minutes before my meal and then workout like 20 mins later?
it's not an exact science but i take mine about 20-30 minutes, along with my other supps (RPM etc.) and then have a light meal before hitting the gym. the main thing is that you want them to dissolve and get into your blood stream without getting absorbed by food or slowed down because of food either. make sense?

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
yeah sounds good i did it today mixed with 1 muscle rx free sample pill and it was a beautiful chest/tri day

allstar504448

allstar504448

Awards
has anyone else tried muscle rx yet?
i took it and am now comparing it to white flood with the free samples i got from the controlled labs threads