Get Diesel JP8 made me feel like sh*t

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Just mixed up about 1 3/4 scoops of JP8. Taste isn't all that bad. Nothing spectacular by any means, but I've had much much worse...

Now that I've finished the drink, I've got a burning/bubbling in my stomach, all the way up the esophagus ending in what feels like the back of my throat. And my tongue is kinda numb. Pretty sure I'm not gonna be able to hold this stuff down once I hit the gym. First set of heavy deads and I'm gonna projectile vomit everywhere... :puke:

Oh well, off to the gym. I'll let you guys know how it goes....

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
That's interesting...why didn't you start with one scoop?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^^ Exactly. 1.75scoops is too much; sounds like the Bicarbonates are not agreeing with your stomach. Just try 1sc. tomorrow;

What was your dosing protocol like. When was your last meal, how long before the gym.

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I only needed 2 scoops of the old formula...once I pick up the new one I'll be starting with 1 again...

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
1 scoop is enough for me with JP8. It's the best pre-workout drink I've found so far. Yeah,the taste is not that great,but the effects are awesome for me. It numbs my throat out a little too,think that's the ginger.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Turned out to be a pretty solid workout after all. I was definitely a bit out of it though. Over-stimmed probably? The upset stomach subsided after I dropped a deuce right when I got to the gym...

I agree, 1.75 was too much to start with... In my opinion, most pre-workout supplements low-ball their recommended BEGINNING dose. With a normal recommended dose of up to 3 scoops, I figured 1.75 would be good to start, but again, I'll admit I was wrong.

I ate about 75-90 minutes before dosing the JP8 and hit the gym about 40 minutes after that. No prior experience with JP8, but I just switched over from USP's Jacked. I feel that I've built up a bit of a tolerance after finishing off my second tub, hence the switch.

I will try one scoop tomorrow and let you guys know how that goes. Thanks for the recommendations. I guess i'll post before I dose... Wow, that sounded gay... Haha, later fellas.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I love Jp8 but like too soon in the gym or too soon with food and it may not settle too well. I am very stim tolerant and 1 scoop maybe a lil hump out and I am revved up and ready to go destroy things. Leg day is a little queasy as well haha. Also after the preworkout dump that is ALWAYS on its way you feel great lol

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
Leg day is a little queasy as well haha.
Haha, I almost always get slightly to moderately queasy during Deads, Squats, Leg Press, and occasionally even DB Rows...

I am very stim tolerant and 1 scoop maybe a lil hump out and I am revved up and ready to go destroy things.
See, stim tolerance was my reasoning for dosing at 1.75... But it's nice to know that this stuff is very effective at the lower end of their recommended dosing spectrum...

Ya I love Jp8 but like too soon in the gym or too soon with food and it may not settle too well.l
How soon is too soon in regards to eating? I've never really had an issue with that, but I will definitely be more aware while taking JP8...

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, they print the directions on the label for a good reason, but people rarely follow 'em. I can't do/ don't need more than about 1 scoop of the grape, I'm amped for 4-6 hours after. I found out that the Get Diesel line-up is pretty much no joke, and learned to respect the labels directions. Agreed, there is better tasting stuff out there (that's been beat to death) but I've found nothing as effective, best way to describe it is it's completely different. I take mine about 10-15 mins before, and had something light to eat/drink roughly 45 minutes to an hour before. I respond real quick to stuff, I tried the recommend time, and was chomping at the bit the whole time I was driving to the gym. I figured I'd wasted a bunch of time, but the energy just kept going, and when it did stop, it came on gradually, no crash. Good luck, and enjoy the ride!!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hope titrating the dose down a bit works out well for ya.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
.:biglaugh:.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
So, I guess it's pretty clear that just about no one uses more than 2 scoops of this stuff huh? Well, that's cool....looks like a tub of this stuff will go a lot further than I initially anticipated.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The max I have used was 1.5 and it was because I really needed a boost. I usually use 1 to 1.25.

dedlifter1

Awards
  • Established
The max I have used was 1.5 and it was because I really needed a boost. I usually use 1 to 1.25.
same for me. i was not a fan of the taste, but functionally it was tremendous, imo..

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
I really love JP8, but I have to agree with the stomach discomfort. Its not all the time, but its almost like taking a gamble every time I use it. I never know if I'm going to be feeling sick or not. I've been alternating my workouts between NO-Shotgun and JP8. Other than the stomach discomfort which can be felt, workouts are amazing on it. If that could be ironed out, it would be even better. My first couple servings of JP8, I thought it was superior to No-Shotgun, but now, I'll hold my Shotgun slightly over JP8 mainly due to stomach discomfort.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
JP8 = EPIC! And with anything epic, you need to start with a slightly reduced dose, IMO. Keeps you from being the victim of such extreme epicness. :bandit:

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
JP8 = EPIC! And with anything epic, you need to start with a slightly reduced dose, IMO. Keeps you from being the victim of such extreme epicness. :bandit:
Did you spend too much time over at bb.com??

EESCHMan

Awards
  • Established
Just mixed up about 1 3/4 scoops of JP8. Taste isn't all that bad. Nothing spectacular by any means, but I've had much much worse...

Now that I've finished the drink, I've got a burning/bubbling in my stomach, all the way up the esophagus ending in what feels like the back of my throat. And my tongue is kinda numb. Pretty sure I'm not gonna be able to hold this stuff down once I hit the gym. First set of heavy deads and I'm gonna projectile vomit everywhere... :puke:

Oh well, off to the gym. I'll let you guys know how it goes....
Not bad? I thought it was disgusting...probably one of the worst tastes I've had.

I took 1 1/2 scoop and didn't really notice much in the way of energy...I'll try 2 scoops next.

I followed the big Jacked/JP8 War, so I had already had a tub of Jacked, so wanted to try JP8.
So far I like Jacked better, but I've only had the one dose of JP8 (1 1/2) so far...obviously I will finish the tub so it's a little too early to dismiss it

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me personally its not really the taste as its easy to chug down its that the herb taste and numb feeling stays with you for a while! haha Can't kill it with anything really. I like the aggression that jp8 brings to the table that I didn't get at all with Jacked. However I could dose jacked 20-30 minutes preworkout and feel fine and never had a stomach discomfort. I am done mostly with preworkout drinks they don't settle that well with me. Its time to check out pills (r4w, RPM, Core ZAP) ha

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
I really love JP8, but I have to agree with the stomach discomfort. Its not all the time, but its almost like taking a gamble every time I use it. I never know if I'm going to be feeling sick or not.
I didn't have any issues 'til the other day. I found some food about an hour out from a dose keeps me fine now. The old version, I could take on an empty stomach, but htis one requires a little more respect I guess. It's only happened like twice, but since I started eating something a tad before, it's been great again. Kinda weird, 'cuz it still hits me within 10-15 minutes.

ShiftyCapone

ShiftyCapone

Awards
  • Established
So, I tried one scoop the other day during my Chest/Tricep workout and I was seriously impressed. I had a ton of focus and good clean energy. I didn't feel all jittery and out of it like last time...haha. I honestly wanted to jog home from the gym. I killed it with the weights. I didn't really notice any fatigue until the very end of my workout. Pumps were pretty decent. I noticed more in the way of focus and energy than added pumps. Not really complaining, because I can take or leave the extra pump from Pre-Workout drinks.

And in regards to taste, it's far from good. I think we've all established that. But I've definitely had worse. Try some ALCAR, Choline Citrate, Sulbutiamine and Piracetam. That's some funky sh*t there...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad to hear your settling in with it nicely now.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Try some ALCAR, Choline Citrate, Sulbutiamine and Piracetam. That's some funky sh*t there...
I mix my choline with my piracetam...gross. Bulk maca root powder mixed with bulk horny goat weed = disgusting also. I've also taken shots of Na-R-ALA mixed with 1-1.5 oz water and it tastes like gasoline. Citrulline Malate is pretty bad too.

I'd assume JP8 tastes better than many of the bulk powders out there?

JpB

Awards
My experience so far; First 3 times did one scoop of JP8, eh, was ok for energy but nothing worth the price of the product. Yesterday tried one and a half scoops, felt like garbage, way over stimmed and sick to my stomach.

I was able to finish bent over rows and chins before having to rush to the locker room to vomit. Threw up a lovely purple and went back to lifting. Other then the purple vomit it was a decent workout.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate is pretty bad too.

I'd assume JP8 tastes better than many of the bulk powders out there?
Really? Citrulline Malate is one of the better tasting bulk powders IMO. I think it actually covers up a lot of the taste in my home made pre w/o mix by adding the sour taste.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My experience so far; First 3 times did one scoop of JP8, eh, was ok for energy but nothing worth the price of the product. Yesterday tried one and a half scoops, felt like garbage, way over stimmed and sick to my stomach.

I was able to finish bent over rows and chins before having to rush to the locker room to vomit. Threw up a lovely purple and went back to lifting. Other then the purple vomit it was a decent workout.
It sound like 1-1.25 scoops is what you need then, and make sure you give it 30 minutes before you hit the gym, and don't take in any food too soon beforehand.

TCAthlete

Awards
I take at least 2 scoops of JP8 (old version) and I'm not that big of a guy , and I don't really feel much from it. I thought I was sensitive to stims but not with this product. I stocked up on it because it seemed like it was a lot less artificial than most pre-workout formulas, plus it contained some expensive ingredients that are hard to find in this type of product but I wish I could feel like it was doing something. I don't know what the problem could be.