Supplement Staples

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
I haven't done this in a while due to $$$ issues but what do you think about my new staple? Need to add the foundation back in to the mix.

Kre-Alklyn 3g pre/post
Glutamine 5g pre/post
WaxyMaize 40g post(cutting) bulking 40 pre/post
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AKG)
multivitamin Morning/post
Beta-Alanine 3g pre 6g post

Maybe add something?

I mostly just want to add intensity and maximize recovery to my workouts. Grow if I can, lean out as much as possible while AT LEAST maintaining mass.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
The two things I would do different is swap out the Kre-alkalyn for some creatine monohydrate, and throw in some BCAA's for during your workout...but creatine monohydrate is kinda like a love/hate relationship...lol...some people swear by it, some people despise it.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
And hopefully you have some whey protein for post-workout, unless you eat whole food afterwards...

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
The two things I would do different is swap out the Kre-alkalyn for some creatine monohydrate, and throw in some BCAA's for during your workout...but creatine monohydrate is kinda like a love/hate relationship...lol...some people swear by it, some people despise it.
from what i remember kre-alkalyn is creatine monohydrate...but has a higher ph level...

i agree with steveoph a good stim b4 ur workouts would be a good idea as in geranium or chocamine...

and to the op...how come ur taking 9 grams of BA per day...i thought the highest amount one should take was about 6 grams per day and above that the results plateau...and bcaa's are always a great addition during workout time...

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My Staples:

Multivitamin/Mineral (Really like MVP/ZMK)
Fish oil
Stimulant (Junkie and always have something on hand haha)
Whey Protein
Creatine (Neovar is my fav right now)

Only thing I see is a stimulant if thats your type of thing.

stefang

Awards
ALCAR with ALA is a good addition >> will help both cut and bulk.
Fish Oil should be there
BCAA >> definitely on a cut
Vitamin C >> antioxidant properties
Multimineral >> you need enough Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium...

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
from what i remember kre-alkalyn is creatine monohydrate...but has a higher ph level...

i agree with steveoph a good stim b4 ur workouts would be a good idea as in geranium or chocamine...

and to the op...how come ur taking 9 grams of BA per day...i thought the highest amount one should take was about 6 grams per day and above that the results plateau...and bcaa's are always a great addition during workout time...
Can I see some evidence and/or proof about kre-alkalyn being the same as creatine mono.?

I do agree about the whole Beta-alanine dosage...I think that's a little too much.

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I haven't done this in a while due to $$$ issues but what do you think about my new staple? Need to add the foundation back in to the mix.

Kre-Alklyn 3g pre/post
Glutamine 5g pre/post
WaxyMaize 40g post(cutting) bulking 40 pre/post
L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AKG)
multivitamin Morning/post
Beta-Alanine 3g pre 6g post

Maybe add something?

I mostly just want to add intensity and maximize recovery to my workouts. Grow if I can, lean out as much as possible while AT LEAST maintaining mass.
I don't subscribe to the Glutamine theory so I'd drop that one where $$$ were not an issue you could keep it. Suggest adding CoQ10, fish oil as staples and use EAA or BCAA + citrulline malate to maximize recovery

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my staples are always quite basic but very effective

Multi- animal pak
EFA- Animal Omega
WPI- ATW
WMS
Uni-liver
Poseidon

Done and done

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
... And I have heard that taking glutamine pre-workout defeats the purpose of taking Arginine pre workout b/c they fight for absorption... save the glutamine for post workout and take BCAA and Arginine preworokout.. I would also take another serving a glutamine for before bed... good luck

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established

Derekrpd

Awards
Good protien or meal replacement
Flax oil
Creatine mono
Pre-workout supp.

Multi's, in my opinion, are a waste. If you eat a good diet you should be getting plenty of vits/minerals.

After that, experiment with one of the many test boosters.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
my staples are always quite basic but very effective

Multi- animal pak
EFA- Animal Omega
WPI- ATW

WMS
Uni-liver
Poseidon

Done and done
Didn't know you were an Animal Guy.:thumbsup:
I've got the bolded products en-route. Will be my 1st run of UniLiver and the Animal Omega, same for the ATW PB Cup; 2nd try of Poseidon :)

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Good protien or meal replacement
Flax oil
Creatine mono
Pre-workout supp.

Multi's, in my opinion, are a waste. If you eat a good diet you should be getting plenty of vits/minerals.

Most people don't get enough vitamins from diet and if you train hard IMO u could benefit from a good multi I prefer NoW adam pretty cheap and has lots of good stuff

After that, experiment with one of the many test boosters.
s

redemption79

Awards
  • Established

I've never seen Kre alk that was anything other than alkaline mono. They may have patanted other variations, but I don't think it was with any intention other than eliminating loopholes in their patents. According to everything I've read, Kre-alk is a bust and provides no benefit over CM. If you prefer Kre alk, that's fine, but if you really are on a budget, I'd go for CM.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Creatine mono is the only creatine that really works look it up ethyl ester and kre alk don't do anything other than have a placebo effect

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
kre-alkylyn is great....you guys dont like it cuz you dont put on weight from it....but i think you really dont know what creatine does...it shouldnt make you gain wiehgt at all....it helps produce atp during cellular respiration(easy explanation) you should not see any weight gains whatsoever from your creatine....all you should be getting is a little more muscular energy....THATS IT! lots of you guys think creatine is like a steroid and you should be putting on 10 lbs in a week...well you can do that with mono...but who wnats ten lbs of water...not me thats for sure....its really just a matter of preference....but saying it flat out doesnt work...well thats just not right...

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
kre-alkylyn is great....you guys dont like it cuz you dont put on weight from it....but i think you really dont know what creatine does...it shouldnt make you gain wiehgt at all....it helps produce atp during cellular respiration(easy explanation) you should not see any weight gains whatsoever from your creatine....all you should be getting is a little more muscular energy....THATS IT! lots of you guys think creatine is like a steroid and you should be putting on 10 lbs in a week...well you can do that with mono...but who wnats ten lbs of water...not me thats for sure....its really just a matter of preference....but saying it flat out doesnt work...well thats just not right...
Ok my bad just tring to keep it short and sweet I should have said inferior and more expensive the fact is creatine mono has the most studies and documentation to prove what it does cre alk may work fine for you but all I'm saying is it is more expensive and less effective

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't know you were an Animal Guy.:thumbsup:
I've got the bolded products en-route. Will be my 1st run of UniLiver and the Animal Omega, same for the ATW PB Cup; 2nd try of Poseidon :)
Omega is great, always helps to lean me out. Cant go wrong with UniLiver. I use about 25 a day, spread out of course. Nice little extra protein and aminos. Let me know about PB Cup, I am dying for that one. Also, keep me updated on your run with Poseidon.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
I've never seen Kre alk that was anything other than alkaline mono. They may have patanted other variations, but I don't think it was with any intention other than eliminating loopholes in their patents. According to everything I've read, Kre-alk is a bust and provides no benefit over CM. If you prefer Kre alk, that's fine, but if you really are on a budget, I'd go for CM.
yeah true they may have...this is the only patent ive seen for kre-alkalyn though (all of the bottles have the patent number on it)... but if it was only a little bit more expensive than mono than i think it would be much better since it contains creatine mono, creatine phosphate, creatine pyruvate, and creatine citrate... so for a gram per gram basis i think it out does plain old creatine mono...however i feel the dosage of 1.5grams of kre-alkalyn is supremely underdosed...

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i always dosed between 3 and 4.5 grams....i got good results from it....

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Creatine mono is the only creatine that really works look it up ethyl ester and kre alk don't do anything other than have a placebo effect

Thats not true. Di-malate works. I use it and I notice the effects to be better than mono, more energy for sure and better strenth increases. Look it up theres a reason behind it.
As for Creatine Kre-Alkalyn I have never used it but the science behind it seems sound and it has great reviews from users on many forums.:bandit:

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
I think im going to go for one more cycle of DCP.
Im going to include
Multivitamin
AAKG
BA
Glutamine
BCAA
Omega's

Im still into debate of creatine to take, I have mono. I have CEE, I have Kre-Alklyn.

Im going to go with Kre-Alklyn......................... I THINK.

Im also going to try 6g of AAKG today. I usually 3-4g and dont feel ****. I feel like ive lost the pump.

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
Ive read Kre-alkalyn @ 1g = 5g of Mono.
yeah thats what the companies say...but im sure 1 gram of any type of craetine is not gonna give good results... so i would say shoot for 3-5 grams of it...after i started dosing that way then it was better than mono...but still more expensive...

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Creatine graveyeard lol. Alot of the creatines on the list should at least be in the waiting room as the reason they are in there is lack of research in his opinion. Seriously though if CM made me look like him I would drop it from my diet..lol.
:laugh:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Staples:

Multivitamin/Mineral (Really like MVP/ZMK)
Fish oil
Stimulant (Junkie and always have something on hand haha)
Whey Protein
Creatine (Neovar is my fav right now)

Only thing I see is a stimulant if thats your type of thing.
I agree with this. The basic staples are:
* Creatine (top 3 IMO are: 1. NeoVar Recomped (as well as being a creatine product it is a nutrient repartitioner and acts as an insulin mimic), Cre-02 (as well as being a creatine product it can also improve endurance etc.), and Kre-Alkalyn)
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats (flaxseed oil, fish oil, etc.)
* Protein Powder
* BCAA's (but many protein powders include them in).

Yes, CM is probably the most researched (and PROVEN) supplement, but Kre-Alkalyn is fine too. Kre-Alkalyn is CM, just 'pH corrected'. I don't know about the g for g Kre-Alkalyn being 10x better than CM, but you DO get all the benefits of CM without the 'sides' (i.e. nausea, cramping, bloating, etc.) that can be associated with CM [powder]. I know that I found this when I used [NFS'] Kre-Alkalyn (each cap contained 750mg of CM); which is why, until I started using NeoVar, it was the only creatine product that I would use. CEE, IMO, although still gives similar results, is not up to the quality of CM (and it also, in my experience, converts more readily to creatinine, whereas CM does not).