Beta alanine Side effects!?!

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
So i have been taking Axis Labs hemodraulix and wanted to add some creatine and beta alanine to my pre w/o supps. So in addition to my 6caps hemodraulix i take 1800mg beta alanine and 5g DiCreatine Malate. Lately i have been getting a weird tingling sensation in my face and hands about 5-10min after i take these supps. But it goes away after about 15min or once i start working out. Anyone know whats up?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
I'm not really current with my beta-alanine knowledge but I'm thinking that's just the initial onset of the beta alanine entering the bloodstream... Kinda like a niacin rush?

And how's that DiCreatine Malate going for you? I just bought some of that in bulk and i was curious about how effective it is

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Its great, already noticing some strength gains, been runnin it for about a week so far. And i thought maybe it was kinda like the niacin rush deal but wanted to make sure. If anyone else knows feel free to chime in :D. Time to go to the gym though !!

punthra

punthra

Awards
  • Established
the tingling effect is just the beta alanine hitting your blood stream and it is similar to taking niacin. You get used to it after while.

Gordothespace

Gordothespace

Awards
That is all part of the fun of taking BA. I LOVE IT!

fjet

fjet

Awards
those are what we all call the beta tingles... try upping your dose all of a sudden and you will really feel it... haha...some times it makes my palms tingle... seems wierd how it effects different people in different places..

joelast

joelast

Awards
haha i love that tingeling, I've started to associate it with going to the gym so when I feel it hit I know its time.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i do 5g everyday (pre and intra workout) and i feel fine. just personal exp.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
I get some BA with my jack3d. I love the tingle! Starts in my ears then goes through my face down my arms and torso. Doesn't make it to my legs =(

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
I get some BA with my jack3d. I love the tingle! Starts in my ears then goes through my face down my arms and torso. Doesn't make it to my legs =(
eh jacked only has like 700mg a scoop of Beta Alanine. not enough for me. i like to have enough to where i can sniff that s*** =P

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Ya Well thanks for the input i guess ill up my dose a little haha i do love the tingling but wasn't sure if it was a bad thing.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
When I take more than 3g BA at a time, I feel sick.. blah.

aries70

aries70

Awards
About 5min after I take my pre-work drink I get like crazy hyper/tingly and scrtching my neck like a junky. But my workout energy is insane. I workout with my cousin who does protein only and he thinks I'm insane with amount of energy that I have. I Literally have to make myself stop lifting.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
lol nice, ya i have tons of energy since i starting taking that ****, it works wonders.

Chubbinmuffin

Chubbinmuffin

Awards
  • Established
eh jacked only has like 700mg a scoop of Beta Alanine. not enough for me. i like to have enough to where i can sniff that s*** =P
That's my first experience with BA... I might have to up the dosage now.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Beta Alanine is an effective sup. Usualy the results are best experienced after 3 weeks+ of use. You will most likely notice the biggest difference in the form of endurance. The tingles are normal, and aren't experienced by everyone. It's called paresthesia (which is really a broad term and has many different causes and types). I get it the most in my lips when drinking BA out of a cup or glass, but don't experience it so much with the shaker cups I use now.
I also think it either diminishes after a while, or at least you get used to it and don't notice it as much.

aries70

aries70

Awards
I've been on my pre-workout supp for a month and it still get's me going.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
one of my most tried and proven supps! great stuff...just be careful if you ever take it with poseidon bc if you get a niacin rush and the tingles look out haha

joebo

joebo

Awards
  • Established
one of my most tried and proven supps! great stuff...just be careful if you ever take it with poseidon bc if you get a niacin rush and the tingles look out haha
I wonder if this is why Nimbus discontinued their poseidon with BA

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
So how do you guys take BA, i normally just take about 3-4g 30min preworkout.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
So how do you guys take BA, i normally just take about 3-4g 30min preworkout.
I take 3 grams pre w/o, and also consume about 2 grams throughout the day in a BCAA cocktail.
The amount you're taking has been shown to be effective. Some people take more, but I haven't really seen any studies conducted with anything but 3 and 4 gram doses.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
I read about BA and it seems to really be good for during workout, why take it post?

Duatone

Duatone

Awards
Even though I have been taking purple wraath for quite a while now *2 scoops pre/intra* I still feel a little bit of the tingle in my lips when i take jacked. If i space out picking my nose or something instead of lifting i really feel it around my eyes and tips of ears, but if i jump right in and throw weight the whole time, i never feel it, just good energy. I use it as a red flag, if i feel it, im slacking off...

Scratch2win28

Awards
Nothing but the zillion needles stabbing you!!!!:laugh:
So i have been taking Axis Labs hemodraulix and wanted to add some creatine and beta alanine to my pre w/o supps. So in addition to my 6caps hemodraulix i take 1800mg beta alanine and 5g DiCreatine Malate. Lately i have been getting a weird tingling sensation in my face and hands about 5-10min after i take these supps. But it goes away after about 15min or once i start working out. Anyone know whats up?