Spot reducing? Any creams, etc?

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Hi. First post here. I`ve always been chubby. Gaining muscle is not an issue, it`s losing fat in specific areas. Is there a cream or topical solution that helps to spot reduce. I`d like to try something on these man boobs. Not gyno, just fat. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Any advice is appreciated, including any excercises I might try. Thanks in advance.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Hi. First post here. I`ve always been chubby. Gaining muscle is not an issue, it`s losing fat in specific areas. Is there a cream or topical solution that helps to spot reduce. I`d like to try something on these man boobs. Not gyno, just fat. Sorry if this is a stupid question. Any advice is appreciated, including any excercises I might try. Thanks in advance.
ur 5'6" and 260lbs. u just need to start eating better.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wish I had a special cream for you buddy. However things like Napalm and Lipoderm are more for people that are needing to lose just the last bit. I would suggest really getting your diet straightened out and throwing in 30min of cardio at 15%incllinee after your lifting days. Continue to lift heavy.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
ur 5'6" and 260lbs. u just need to start eating better.
LOL. It`s not as bad as you`d think. I was into powerlifting for a few years. I have a little belly and some fat for sure. I just want to get down to about 22 ripped, but flab on my chest has always been a problem.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
LOL. It`s not as bad as you`d think. I was into powerlifting for a few years. I have a little belly and some fat for sure. I just want to get down to about 22 ripped, but flab on my chest has always been a problem.
what's your body fat percentage? i don't think u can be ripped at 22% if that's what u were saying

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Typo. Should have been 220 lbs. I don`t know my body fat %.
if u drop from 260 to 220 and it's all fat u should be ripped and not have to worry about that. if u do get down that low in BF and u still have the problem then go with the transdermal fatloss products

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excessive fat storage around the pecs for men is linked with excess aromitisation, lower your estrogen levels.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Yea like stated above your best plan of attack is getting down to 10-12 % bf before looking into spot reducers, otherwise it will be a waste of money imho. Chest and the love handles are notoriously difficult for guys, but with a solid diet and training program going from 260-220 could be readily achieved.

Hows your diet looking right now? Also you said you were a powerlifter, are you still training or have you been taking time off?

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Yea like stated above your best plan of attack is getting down to 10-12 % bf before looking into spot reducers, otherwise it will be a waste of money imho. Chest and the love handles are notoriously difficult for guys, but with a solid diet and training program going from 260-220 could be readily achieved.

Hows your diet looking right now? Also you said you were a powerlifter, are you still training or have you been taking time off?
I`ve been off for a LONG time due to injuries and lack of interest. I`m slowly getting back into it. At 44 it`s time to get into and stay in shape.

dpfisher

If you need to spot reduce 40 lbs off your chest you've got some serious gyno.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Creams and lotions are more for if you are losing massive amounts of fat already, or are at a lower BF comp trying to get to the "trouble spots." In order for them to work you must have a perfect diet and lots of cardio sessions. They dont work doing cardio "here and there," a "couple" days a week, or on a moderately "clean" diet. Topicals need to be stacked with other fat burners, a near perfect diet, and lots of cardio 4 days a week or more, rather it be something like HIIT or all low intensity( if preserving muscle is the most concern) to really see GOOD results from it and to be effective. If you have a high tolerance to pain, then capzasin could further help you melt away the fat in those "troubled" areas, although i wouldnt advise the "liquid fire" to be used anywhere near the nipples. (LOL cap users will laugh at this.)

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I`ve been off for a LONG time due to injuries and lack of interest. I`m slowly getting back into it. At 44 it`s time to get into and stay in shape.
Honestly man, you are primed to see some quick "noob" type gains despite your history of training. If you can nail down your diet and training you will see results beyond what any cream or supplement for that matter could offer you, and for free (well beyond the cost of food). Keep the first 2 months all clean (outside of a multi) and reap the rewards while you can. Once you see a stall than look for outside help. And in advance props to makign the commitment to get into shape and not just grow into old age and set yourself up for future regret. Do work my man and if you need any help at all keep on asking away, your in the best place you could be for info.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Creams and lotions are more for if you are losing massive amounts of fat already, or are at a lower BF comp trying to get to the "trouble spots." In order for them to work you must have a perfect diet and lots of cardio sessions. They dont work doing cardio "here and there," a "couple" days a week, or on a moderately "clean" diet. Topicals need to be stacked with other fat burners, a near perfect diet, and lots of cardio 4 days a week or more, rather it be something like HIIT or all low intensity( if preserving muscle is the most concern) to really see GOOD results from it and to be effective. If you have a high tolerance to pain, then capzasin could further help you melt away the fat in those "troubled" areas, although i wouldnt advise the "liquid fire" to be used anywhere near the nipples. (LOL cap users will laugh at this.)
exactly. i mean ur 6'3" and 242lbs and the OP is 5'6" 260lbs? i think he's really under estimating how fat he really is. that is massive for a guy that short

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jarhead is a big boi,.. very massive.

The OP here has admitting to having,.. and i quote,.. "man boobs." I think that was all I or anyone else needed to hear to come to the conclusion that he is,...well in his words again,.... "chubby."

I missed that. you sir are very right.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Reptone, how has the research been going? Any idea on what plan of attack you will be starting off on to get this cut rolling?