Can jack3d be taken during workout?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
?

Or would increasing the dosage lengthen duration of effect?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose, but how long are you working out for? It should keep you buzzed for 1+ hours, and you really don't want to be lifting weights too much longer than that. I guess sip on some in the early part of your workout for a prolonged caffeine rush, but I think your training session is too long.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I suppose, but how long are you working out for? It should keep you buzzed for 1+ hours, and you really don't want to be lifting weights too much longer than that. I guess sip on some in the early part of your workout for a prolonged caffeine rush, but I think your training session is too long.
I workout 2 hours~. 1 hour and a half or so, give or take, I took a real small dose tho first time at .75 scoop, and I spilled some on my shirt LOL. So If I did a normal dose it should probably be alright then?

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes; try 1.5-2 scoops. It should keep you amped up through your workout. Are you training weights for 2 hours? That's going to cause some serious cortisol release; I hope you're taking something for that. PS, 7-OH, Adaptogens, Vit C, etc.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes; try 1.5-2 scoops. It should keep you amped up through your workout. Are you training weights for 2 hours? That's going to cause some serious cortisol release; I hope you're taking something for that. PS, 7-OH, Adaptogens, Vit C, etc.
im taking dcp, leviathan, lean xtreme. any of this ok?

yea i do weights for about 1.5 hours to 2, then cardio after.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Ya those supps are good but i definitely have to agree with steveo that your workouts are too long. 1.5 is like max in my opinion and then some cardio. What is your training schedule like? I'm quite curious.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ya those supps are good but i definitely have to agree with steveo that your workouts are too long. 1.5 is like max in my opinion and then some cardio. What is your training schedule like? I'm quite curious.

sun - fri.

cardio 6 times a week.

it would be something like...

sun- legs

leg press
lunges
squats
deads
calf raises
front squats
light cleans

mon - chest /arms

bench press
dumbbell flys
dumbell press
incline dumbbells
incline flys
maybe some machine decline or incline

curls - various differnt types

tues- back/shoulders

lots o stuff, I dont know the names of alot of these

lots of high rows, low rows, dumbbell pulls, lat pull downs
and then shoulder stuff.

wed- legs

thurs - chest/arms, or shoulders/back, maybe chest/back or arms/shoulders

depends on what I feel is weakest that day.

friday - depletion workout, full body lots o reps.

sat - refeed

I do cardio on all these days, HIIT, low intesive,long distance or stairs.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I run one scoop preWO and 0.5 scoops intraWO - very early am, keeps me humming throughout the day.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, sounds like you're doing a bit too much, but if you're still gaining in strength and mass then keep doing what's working for you. Those supplements help, but really I don't feel you should do weight much longer than an hour, and then some cardio after that if you wish.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hmm, sounds like you're doing a bit too much, but if you're still gaining in strength and mass then keep doing what's working for you. Those supplements help, but really I don't feel you should do weight much longer than an hour, and then some cardio after that if you wish.

have any suggestions as how to change my workout routine?

heres my one month progress..

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/117778-1-month-progress.html

yea ive been getting stronger, havent had any problems and I havent felt like Im doing too much, but im still pretty new at this. so any suggestions welcomed. Ive lost 6 - 7 lbs and have been getting stronger, but im trying to recomp and lean so I know Ive been walking a fine line.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I take 2 scoops with 2 scoops of xtend before...and sip on 4 scoops of xtend and 1 scoop of Jack3d during...Then do my cardio...the extra jacked during the workout keeps me going for cardio to be a breeze

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I take 2 scoops with 2 scoops of xtend before...and sip on 4 scoops of xtend and 1 scoop of Jack3d during...Then do my cardio...the extra jacked during the workout keeps me going for cardio to be a breeze
I cant really sip during, my gym doesnt allow anything but water.

so if I were to drink something, id have to go to the bathroom and chug it.

yes they are strict like that , I guess cuz its a college its probably something to do with ncaa rules or something.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Well you can bring in water, but you can also grab like a colored nalgene bottle or some bottle that has color to it and then u can bring in mixed drinks ^_^ thats what i do haha. As as for you results for a month good progress man. This is my current training schedule and actually many of my friends have started using it, i mean nothing special but its organized and makes sense.

Sun - Back
Mon- Chest
tues - bi & tri (arms)
wednes - Legs & shoulders
then 2 days off and i repeat. i would suggest something similiar to this. Works great for me at least.
I toss in cardio and abs as i like.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well you can bring in water, but you can also grab like a colored nalgene bottle or some bottle that has color to it and then u can bring in mixed drinks ^_^ thats what i do haha. As as for you results for a month good progress man. This is my current training schedule and actually many of my friends have started using it, i mean nothing special but its organized and makes sense.

Sun - Back
Mon- Chest
tues - bi & tri (arms)
wednes - Legs & shoulders
then 2 days off and i repeat. i would suggest something similiar to this. Works great for me at least.
I toss in cardio and abs as i like.
ok cool, maybe ill give it a whirl for a couple of weeks, im sure it wouldnt hurt.

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
Also for the question of taking jack3d intra. Since it takes about 30-45min for supplements to kick in you could try taking 3/4 scoop 30-45min before w/o and then before you leave to workout take another 3/4 scoop and then that will kick in a bit into your workout.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Also for the question of taking jack3d intra. Since it takes about 30-45min for supplements to kick in you could try taking 3/4 scoop 30-45min before w/o and then before you leave to workout take another 3/4 scoop and then that will kick in a bit into your workout.
yea thats what I was thinking, I just wasnt sure if it would be ok.

would about taking like 2 different ones? know anything about that?

maybe like starting with shock therapy and then half dosing jack3d when I arrive at gym???

Afrochowder

Afrochowder

Awards
I wouldn't see a problem in that but make sure and check the Nutrition Facts to be sure that your not taking to much of certain ingredients. Having explosive diarrhea at the gym isn't very fun :D lol

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't see a problem in that but make sure and check the Nutrition Facts to be sure that your not taking to much of certain ingredients. Having explosive diarrhea at the gym isn't very fun :D lol

bahah, ok thanks.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Honestly Jacked doesnt take 30-45 minutes for it to kick in with me...as soon as i drink it I get a hyped feeling...which could be a placebo, but I know the energy doesn't take half an hour

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
sun - fri.

cardio 6 times a week.

it would be something like...

sun- legs

leg press
lunges
squats
deads
calf raises
front squats
light cleans

mon - chest /arms

bench press
dumbbell flys
dumbell press
incline dumbbells
incline flys
maybe some machine decline or incline

curls - various differnt types

tues- back/shoulders

lots o stuff, I dont know the names of alot of these

lots of high rows, low rows, dumbbell pulls, lat pull downs
and then shoulder stuff.

wed- legs

thurs - chest/arms, or shoulders/back, maybe chest/back or arms/shoulders

depends on what I feel is weakest that day.

friday - depletion workout, full body lots o reps.

sat - refeed

I do cardio on all these days, HIIT, low intesive,long distance or stairs.

That's a helluva workout...you must have some amazing recovery.

What's your rep-range and number of sets per exercise?

And no tricep work? I noticed you do arms with chest, but you only mentioned various types of curls...

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
And as for taking Jack3d during your workout...I wouldn't...there are a bunch of intra-workout supplements out there, and Jack3d is definitely a pre-workout supplement. You're better of taking some BCAA's and EAA's with some sugar and creatine mono. during your workout....

Just my 2 cents

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That's a helluva workout...you must have some amazing recovery.

What's your rep-range and number of sets per exercise?

And no tricep work? I noticed you do arms with chest, but you only mentioned various types of curls...
oh yea I do skulls I think they are called, rope pulldowns and pull ups and dips machine.

reps usually go 8 - 10 and can go anywhere from 3 - 5 sets. I usually just do as many as I can. depending on how much weight I got and stuff like that.

I dont write my workouts down, but im gonna start sunday. So i can give you a definitive answer then. I can only say thats its no joke. I lift hard, heavy, lots of sets and lots of reps.

Some of my buddies dont even want to work out with me cuz they think im too intense.

This although is the hardest I have ever worked out, and I only started doing this HARD about 4 weeks ago.

so take it for what you will, dont know how long I can keep it up but im gonna keep doing it until I cant.

I am although going to take the other users suggestion and try his 1 muscle group per day. See how I like it, Im getting some crazy gains too. 1 month ago I couldnt do 225 on deads not one time. Im getting 315 now 5x.

I think i got some muscle memory going on there tho.

Oh and this is not counting my depletion, which on friday I stretch everything to 20 reps to failure.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
And as for taking Jack3d during your workout...I wouldn't...there are a bunch of intra-workout supplements out there, and Jack3d is definitely a pre-workout supplement. You're better of taking some BCAA's and EAA's with some sugar and creatine mono. during your workout....

Just my 2 cents
I have axcell and xtend. Im really diggin axcell tho, gives me lots more umph when I need it.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
oh yea I do skulls I think they are called, rope pulldowns and pull ups and dips machine.

reps usually go 8 - 10 and can go anywhere from 3 - 5 sets. I usually just do as many as I can. depending on how much weight I got and stuff like that.

I dont write my workouts down, but im gonna start sunday. So i can give you a definitive answer then. I can only say thats its no joke. I lift hard, heavy, lots of sets and lots of reps.

Some of my buddies dont even want to work out with me cuz they think im too intense.

This although is the hardest I have ever worked out, and I only started doing this HARD about 4 weeks ago.

so take it for what you will, dont know how long I can keep it up but im gonna keep doing it until I cant.

I am although going to take the other users suggestion and try his 1 muscle group per day. See how I like it, Im getting some crazy gains too. 1 month ago I couldnt do 225 on deads not one time. Im getting 315 now 5x.

I think i got some muscle memory going on there tho.

Oh and this is not counting my depletion, which on friday I stretch everything to 20 reps to failure.

Just keep up the hard work. I would think you would see better gains if you didn't train as long, and cut it down to 3 or 4 exercises per body part. But if you're gaining strength and muscle mass the way it is now, just keep doing what you're doing until your body gets used to it.