confusion on creatine and glutamine mix

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

confusion on creatine and glutamine mix

hi, im new to the forum and i've read a few articles about creatine and glutamine combinations. what i'm confused about is a simple problem, the idea that im getting is that creatine helps make the workout explosive, and burns a lot of muscle, and glutamine helps to heal the muscle afterwards. I might be wrong, because a lot of people say they take glutamine pre-workout, and take creatine post-workout. can anyone explain this to me?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

creatine does not burn muscle. wherever you got that terminology was wrong.
    creatine helps in ATP...long story short you will have more muscle energy to lift heavier or do extra reps, resulting in more muscle mass.
    Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body, glutamine alone does not heal the muscle...but taking it pre/post workout is beneficial so that glutamine does not get low
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

okay sorry about the confusion on that, but my real question is why is glutamine taken pre-workout, and creatine taken post-workout? Also I believe that i'm not supposed to take both within a certain time period of each other. Is this combination reccomended?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

You're thinking way too much into this. I've NEVER heard of any side effects of taking both together or within a certain timeframe. People take glutamine and creatine before or after workouts...its really just personal preference.

In that case then don't eat steak...steak contains creatine and glutamine, as well as every other amino acid (because they are the building blocks of protein)
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

just do pre/post. you'll be fine. our bodies can handle much harsher substances.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tong2thong View Post
    okay sorry about the confusion on that, but my real question is why is glutamine taken pre-workout, and creatine taken post-workout? Also I believe that i'm not supposed to take both within a certain time period of each other. Is this combination reccomended?
    I take Xtend pre- and intra-workout. I take 5g creatine pre- and post-workout. Xtend contains something like 3.5g glutamine (which I believe to be basically a crock, but I drink it for other reasons). So that's 3.5g glut+5g cre pre, then later 3.5g glut and another 5g cre. I've never run into any problems with this, you're absolutely fine taking each. But if you really like the idea of glutamine, I would get a product like Xtend because it's pretty all-encompassing in terms of workout performance and recovery time. Solid all around.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glutamine & Creatine
    By shotdead42 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. Confusion with Creatine
    By soseg in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
  3. Creatine, HMB & Glutamine testing
    By Jag in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 02:40 AM
  4. Creatine/glutamine Stack
    By Pirate in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 05:55 PM
  5. New Glutamine & Creatine from Beverly Int.
    By Power Nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2003, 02:01 PM