Adverse reaction to jack3d...

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%

Adverse reaction to jack3d...

So I took Jack3d for the first time yesterday. I took only 1.5 scoops to test my tolerance. I felt great during my workout, it was badass.
    Unfortunately, about an hour after I finished my workout, I started seeing stars, and a little after that had a monster headache accompanied with feeling like I had a fever.
    Anyone else experience this? Anyone know how to avoid it? I had carbs right after my workout, I really don't know what it was. I really liked jack3d as far as the workout went. So I'm thinking maybe I'll start taking half a scoop? I probly won't feel anything from that tho...

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Probably best to address this to Mulletsoldier or one of their reps before attemtping to fix the problem by adjusting doses.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

were u hungry b4 idk if ur suppose to take jacked on a empty stomach..

but theres a big difference between a EMPTY stomach and HUNGRY stomach... i always take my preworkout when i notice that im not craving food or not full. just normal if u get what i mean?
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.93%

Id say try it at a lower dose, sounds like you had a little of an overdose or something. From what ive seen most people recommend 1 scoop to test tolerance and you went with 1.5. Although make sure you test it under the same conditions. Whether you were in a fasted state or not, and make it like 1 scoop or .75 of a scoop. Im getting jack3d soon also, just waiting on it to be delivered and ill probably start with < 1 scoop. thanks for this post tho makes me much more cautious.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.93%

Just read in another jacked thread, that another user would get headaches with jacked if he didnt take in at least 1 - 1.5 gallons of water.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

ya thats all i can think of is water headaches and supps are usually caused by not enough water but tone down the scoops too maybe.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.64%

never had this problem... your body may be extremely sensitive to one of the ingredients...

i would google the seperate ingredients and read up to see if anything can trigger your symptoms.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.32%

It's possible that taking Jack3d was coincidental in this. Talk to the USP reps, sure. But you may want to get a few things checked out... Blood Pressure, blood sugar, ect. Any hypertension history in yourself or your family? Also someone asked about what you had ate...Extreme hypoglycemia can have some pretty strong effects.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  173 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.06%

Hypoglycemia?

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.66%

Drink more water
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%

I just got blood work done a month ago. Everything was fine. Glucose levels and all. I had a protein shake about 30 min before I took the jack3d so it wasn't on an empty stomach or even a hungry stomach. I drink around 2 gallons of water a day. I'll try looking at the ingredients. This also happened (to a lesser degree) once when I took 3 scoops of vasocharge.
    Appreciate the replies, I'll start picking apart the ingredients...
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%

Quote Originally Posted by redemption79 View Post
    It's possible that taking Jack3d was coincidental in this. Talk to the USP reps, sure. But you may want to get a few things checked out... Blood Pressure, blood sugar, ect. Any hypertension history in yourself or your family? Also someone asked about what you had ate...Extreme hypoglycemia can have some pretty strong effects.
    No high blood pressure history that I am aware of. Last time I went to the doctor right before I got my blood work done(approx. a month ago) my bp was fine, and I haven't been doing anything different in my daily life since then. I have a doctor's appointment in a week I'll see what he thinks.
  13. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.09%

Jacked gave me a GIGANTIC headache, migraine almost. Drinking over a gallon of water a day, too. Just not something for me I guess.
  14. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    Jacked gave me a GIGANTIC headache, migraine almost. Drinking over a gallon of water a day, too. Just not something for me I guess.
    How many scoops?
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
    That sucks man...I had to leave work early b/c of my headache I couldn't concentrate. I'm going to try less than a scoop and drink plenty of water and eat a lot that day and if I get even a little headache I'm just going to give it to my friend. Luckily, I got in on that 2 for 1 BLAST deal so I have that still.
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.66%

That's a shame. I'm fortunate that that hasn't happened to me, I guess. I don't what I'd do without Jack3d. lol
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.44%

I got a bit of a headache from 1 YRD so now I take 1/2 2x a day instead. Jack3d has some similar ingredients to YRD. Never felt sick from it though.
  18. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.09%

I've tried 3, 2 and 1 scoop
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

Hey could be the fact that it was your first time taking it, or also the first scoop you took out of your container. It is a propietary blend of some of the best pre-workout ingrendients all rolled into one supp. Lots of times these ingredients can settle during shipping, trying shaking up the container to mix it up a bit and even things out. I think it might even say to do that on the container... That stuff is legit hope you get er figured out!
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%

Since my first post, I've taken jack3d numerous times at different doses/times of day and ensuring I'm drinking PLENTY of water bc that's what my doctor was convinced the reaction was due to. The reaction I had has only happened one other time, only not as severe. Jack3d is by far my favorite pre-workout and has been for a while. Only problem is I need to buy some more.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.18%

Quote Originally Posted by nparisi View Post
    So I took Jack3d for the first time yesterday. I took only 1.5 scoops to test my tolerance. I felt great during my workout, it was badass.
    Unfortunately, about an hour after I finished my workout, I started seeing stars, and a little after that had a monster headache accompanied with feeling like I had a fever.
    Anyone else experience this? Anyone know how to avoid it? I had carbs right after my workout, I really don't know what it was. I really liked jack3d as far as the workout went. So I'm thinking maybe I'll start taking half a scoop? I probly won't feel anything from that tho...
    Personally I did not like Jacked at all man. The energy was ok but the side effects were horrible. There are much better pre-workouts out there (i.e. Scivation Vasocharge, Controlled Labs White Flood, etc.). I'm not downing USP as they are a great company, however, Jacked to me is just not a very solid product.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by juice3320 View Post
    Personally I did not like Jacked at all man. The energy was ok but the side effects were horrible. There are much better pre-workouts out there (i.e. Scivation Vasocharge, Controlled Labs White Flood, etc.). I'm not downing USP as they are a great company, however, Jacked to me is just not a very solid product.
    Dito i love USPlabs other products just not jack3d, it made me crash very hard and tasted terrible. But i love prime/AP/Powerfull they make solid products just cant handle this one. NO Shotgun V3 is my current favorite PWO the pump, focus, and steady energy is awesome.
  23. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.27%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

And to each their own. All of the artificial colors, dyes, flavors, etc. in all other pre-training products made me literally puke. bad.

With Jack3d I am "on"... haha
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.88%

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    And to each their own. All of the artificial colors, dyes, flavors, etc. in all other pre-training products made me literally puke. bad.

With Jack3d I am "on"... haha
    nothing is as nasty as JP8...stifling vomit pre, intra and post workout.
  25. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.13%

granium IS a powerfull stimulant...
    ~ IRON LIVERô________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78%

go for anadraulic pump
  27. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by justjon View Post
    go for anadraulic pump
    You guys are trying to hard....
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.14%

Just drink TONS of water before, during and after, same thing happens to me, albeit at a lesser degree, if I don't drink a bunch of water!!!
  29. Guest

We often get the reported side effects of "I train faster, longer, harder, and heavier"
  30. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.33%

yep

my cardio has gone from struggling to run 2k on the treadmill.. to running 8 and walking 2
    (but thats after a lot of tubs of jacked :P)

there is definelty some strong nasal decongestion going with jacked as i had a deviated septum corrected a while ago and on my first original consultation with the ear nose and throat surgeon he looked up my nose and told me to stop using ''my nasal decongestion as it was causing some sort of inflamation.
    however i dont use a nasal decongestant he didnt believe me :P
    so i went back home and read up on 1,3 dimethyl and yeah now i realise it has the decogesting abilities in it.

point being my cardio is awesome cus of jacked breathing, endurance focus and mood
    but yeah the crash afterwards makes me a bit tooo mellow and sorta out of it hahah

Similar Forum Threads

1. adverse affect to Jack3d
    By elliotuk in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 03:41 PM
  2. Adverse reaction to Cold Fusion EX
    By Ninjo in forum LG Sciences
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-18-2008, 12:00 PM
  3. How often can one eat red meat w/o adverse effects?
    By bLacKjAck. in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-16-2008, 09:52 PM
  4. Stimulant X adverse reaction
    By Ddono25 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 04:12 PM
  5. Test E Adverse Reaction ???
    By Habanero in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-27-2005, 06:07 PM