Adverse reaction to jack3d...

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
So I took Jack3d for the first time yesterday. I took only 1.5 scoops to test my tolerance. I felt great during my workout, it was badass.
Unfortunately, about an hour after I finished my workout, I started seeing stars, and a little after that had a monster headache accompanied with feeling like I had a fever.
Anyone else experience this? Anyone know how to avoid it? I had carbs right after my workout, I really don't know what it was. I really liked jack3d as far as the workout went. So I'm thinking maybe I'll start taking half a scoop? I probly won't feel anything from that tho...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Probably best to address this to Mulletsoldier or one of their reps before attemtping to fix the problem by adjusting doses.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
were u hungry b4 idk if ur suppose to take jacked on a empty stomach..

but theres a big difference between a EMPTY stomach and HUNGRY stomach... i always take my preworkout when i notice that im not craving food or not full. just normal if u get what i mean?

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Id say try it at a lower dose, sounds like you had a little of an overdose or something. From what ive seen most people recommend 1 scoop to test tolerance and you went with 1.5. Although make sure you test it under the same conditions. Whether you were in a fasted state or not, and make it like 1 scoop or .75 of a scoop. Im getting jack3d soon also, just waiting on it to be delivered and ill probably start with < 1 scoop. thanks for this post tho makes me much more cautious.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just read in another jacked thread, that another user would get headaches with jacked if he didnt take in at least 1 - 1.5 gallons of water.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
ya thats all i can think of is water headaches and supps are usually caused by not enough water but tone down the scoops too maybe.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
never had this problem... your body may be extremely sensitive to one of the ingredients...

i would google the seperate ingredients and read up to see if anything can trigger your symptoms.

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
It's possible that taking Jack3d was coincidental in this. Talk to the USP reps, sure. But you may want to get a few things checked out... Blood Pressure, blood sugar, ect. Any hypertension history in yourself or your family? Also someone asked about what you had ate...Extreme hypoglycemia can have some pretty strong effects.

Sinon

Sinon

Awards
Hypoglycemia?

Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.7; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I just got blood work done a month ago. Everything was fine. Glucose levels and all. I had a protein shake about 30 min before I took the jack3d so it wasn't on an empty stomach or even a hungry stomach. I drink around 2 gallons of water a day. I'll try looking at the ingredients. This also happened (to a lesser degree) once when I took 3 scoops of vasocharge.
Appreciate the replies, I'll start picking apart the ingredients...

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
It's possible that taking Jack3d was coincidental in this. Talk to the USP reps, sure. But you may want to get a few things checked out... Blood Pressure, blood sugar, ect. Any hypertension history in yourself or your family? Also someone asked about what you had ate...Extreme hypoglycemia can have some pretty strong effects.
No high blood pressure history that I am aware of. Last time I went to the doctor right before I got my blood work done(approx. a month ago) my bp was fine, and I haven't been doing anything different in my daily life since then. I have a doctor's appointment in a week I'll see what he thinks.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Jacked gave me a GIGANTIC headache, migraine almost. Drinking over a gallon of water a day, too. Just not something for me I guess.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Jacked gave me a GIGANTIC headache, migraine almost. Drinking over a gallon of water a day, too. Just not something for me I guess.
That sucks man...I had to leave work early b/c of my headache I couldn't concentrate. I'm going to try less than a scoop and drink plenty of water and eat a lot that day and if I get even a little headache I'm just going to give it to my friend. Luckily, I got in on that 2 for 1 BLAST deal so I have that still.

bubbachew

Awards
  • Established
That's a shame. I'm fortunate that that hasn't happened to me, I guess. I don't what I'd do without Jack3d. lol

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
I got a bit of a headache from 1 YRD so now I take 1/2 2x a day instead. Jack3d has some similar ingredients to YRD. Never felt sick from it though.

beaver0056

Awards
Hey could be the fact that it was your first time taking it, or also the first scoop you took out of your container. It is a propietary blend of some of the best pre-workout ingrendients all rolled into one supp. Lots of times these ingredients can settle during shipping, trying shaking up the container to mix it up a bit and even things out. I think it might even say to do that on the container... That stuff is legit hope you get er figured out!

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Since my first post, I've taken jack3d numerous times at different doses/times of day and ensuring I'm drinking PLENTY of water bc that's what my doctor was convinced the reaction was due to. The reaction I had has only happened one other time, only not as severe. Jack3d is by far my favorite pre-workout and has been for a while. Only problem is I need to buy some more.

juice3320

juice3320

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I took Jack3d for the first time yesterday. I took only 1.5 scoops to test my tolerance. I felt great during my workout, it was badass.
Unfortunately, about an hour after I finished my workout, I started seeing stars, and a little after that had a monster headache accompanied with feeling like I had a fever.
Anyone else experience this? Anyone know how to avoid it? I had carbs right after my workout, I really don't know what it was. I really liked jack3d as far as the workout went. So I'm thinking maybe I'll start taking half a scoop? I probly won't feel anything from that tho...
Personally I did not like Jacked at all man. The energy was ok but the side effects were horrible. There are much better pre-workouts out there (i.e. Scivation Vasocharge, Controlled Labs White Flood, etc.). I'm not downing USP as they are a great company, however, Jacked to me is just not a very solid product.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
Personally I did not like Jacked at all man. The energy was ok but the side effects were horrible. There are much better pre-workouts out there (i.e. Scivation Vasocharge, Controlled Labs White Flood, etc.). I'm not downing USP as they are a great company, however, Jacked to me is just not a very solid product.
Dito i love USPlabs other products just not jack3d, it made me crash very hard and tasted terrible. But i love prime/AP/Powerfull they make solid products just cant handle this one. NO Shotgun V3 is my current favorite PWO the pump, focus, and steady energy is awesome.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And to each their own. All of the artificial colors, dyes, flavors, etc. in all other pre-training products made me literally puke. bad.

With Jack3d I am "on"... haha

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
And to each their own. All of the artificial colors, dyes, flavors, etc. in all other pre-training products made me literally puke. bad.

With Jack3d I am "on"... haha
nothing is as nasty as JP8...stifling vomit pre, intra and post workout.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
granium IS a powerfull stimulant...

h2bEK

Awards
Just drink TONS of water before, during and after, same thing happens to me, albeit at a lesser degree, if I don't drink a bunch of water!!!

We often get the reported side effects of "I train faster, longer, harder, and heavier"

relica

Awards
yep :)

my cardio has gone from struggling to run 2k on the treadmill.. to running 8 and walking 2 :)
(but thats after a lot of tubs of jacked :p)

there is definelty some strong nasal decongestion going with jacked as i had a deviated septum corrected a while ago and on my first original consultation with the ear nose and throat surgeon he looked up my nose and told me to stop using ''my nasal decongestion as it was causing some sort of inflamation.
however i dont use a nasal decongestant :) he didnt believe me :p
so i went back home and read up on 1,3 dimethyl and yeah now i realise it has the decogesting abilities in it.

point being my cardio is awesome cus of jacked :) breathing, endurance focus and mood
but yeah the crash afterwards makes me a bit tooo mellow and sorta out of it hahah