Idebenone and SOD

1. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Idebenone and SOD

Any one know much about this form of Coq10? I am thinking of switching to this type of Coq10 when I my current stuff.

Also any one know much about SOD ? (super-oxide dismutase)

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  192 lbs.
    Answers

I currently take idebenone - I'm not sure about the techinical aspects of this form of Coq10, but one thing I notice is my mood has elevated after taking it for a month, and my focus is better.

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Idebenone a fat-soluble analog of CoQ-10. Its supposed to have neuroprotective and nootropical effects. The interesting thing about it is that while regular CoQ-10, in low oxygen environments, will turn pro-oxidative, idebenone will not.

So it could arguably be stated that its the superior form of CoQ-10.

•   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Answers

My understanding of Idebenone is that it basically displays most of the positive qualities of CoQ10 without any of the downfalls of CoQ10.

It's been a while since I've talked about either of these, but I want to say that CoQ10 is a pro-oxidant in circumstances of hypoxia (lack of oxygen), but Ideb is not. The likely reason that Ndawason is experiencing a boost in mood from ideb is b/c it's said to boost serotonin!

EDIT: PublicEnemy beat me to it, but I will have to agree that Ideb is superior to CoQ10 in the ways mentioned. That's why Cycle Support contains idebenone instead of CoQ10. Idebenone is more expensive though...not that CoQ10 is cheap!
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

5. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Answers

agreed...superior to Coq10, especially when using nootropics like ALCAR that increase mitochondrial activity.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Nice. I herd its great for DOMS. What about SOD?

7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Answers

I have seen this at Costco and was curious . . . next trip I am picking some up!
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

8. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    agreed...superior to Coq10, especially when using nootropics like ALCAR that increase mitochondrial activity.
    Agree. The recommendation by many researchers is to add Idebenone to a CoQ10 supplementation program to get the very best of both compounds.

As is well known, Idebenone, as an analog of CoQ10, can replace CoQ10 in the process of cellular energy production. Idebenone is also, like CoQ10, a powerful antioxidant. However, Idebenone is more water-soluble than CoQ10 and its cellular distribution and antioxidant structure also differ from those of CoQ10, making idebenone superior to CoQ10 in neutralizing some types of free free radicals, but inferior in fighting other types. In particular, idebnone is more effective than CoQ10 in protecting cells from the free radical damage resulting from reduced (abnormal) blood flow. In fact, some studies indicate idebenone is 30-100 times more effective than vitamin E or vinpocetine as a free radical quencher.
    Furthermore, Idebenone protects under hypoxic conditions, a situation where CoQ10 may not be an adequate replacement. In addition, Idebenone (unlike CoQ10) has been shown to increase Nerve Growth Factor and enhance cholinergic activity, thus conferring Idebenone with cognitive enhancement abilities.
    To continue, Idebenone is a potent anti-oxidant for protecting the very important mitochondria, by both surpressing free radical activity and protecting the unique mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA). This is unique as mtDNA is only derived from our mother's genes.
    Finally, when organs are "harvested" for transplant to another patient, it is often the case that Idebenone is used to protect it from damage.

It must be noted that most of the comparison between Idebenone and CoQ10 employed the standard Ubiquinone form of CoQ10, not Ubiquinol.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.

9. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

i still have 25g of bulk idenbone I bought and have never used. i keep meaning to cap it, and keep forgetting
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

10. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Is Idebenone superior to UbinQUOL?

11. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    i still have 25g of bulk idenbone I bought and have never used. i keep meaning to cap it, and keep forgetting
    And a year and a half later, I still have 25g of bulk idebenone, and still misspell it the first time I type it. I need to cap that stuff already!
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

Part of my pre work out staple

13. Handsome and intelligent
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    What about SOD?
    Has no oral bioavailability.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!

14. New Member
    Answers

Google Glisodin and see what you think. It's a form of SOD protected by a wheat protein to increase bioavailability. Supposedly has studies linking it to reduced incidence of sunburn

15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

From my understanding, idebenone doesnt get into the mitochondria like Coq10 does. Read this somewhere on another reputable forum and trainer.

16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Answers

All i know is I feel not sore next day post work out

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Idebenone
    By strategicmove in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-27-2007, 08:46 AM
  2. Idebenone Caps?!?