Geranamine and Sulbutiamine Doping Status

CANK

Awards
I am subjected to WADA testing and taking X-Force by IBE.

Are they safe re. doping rules?

Thanks.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
To be completely honest, no clue.

The geranamine might be a little suspect, as organizations differ in approach to stimulants (caffeine), however sulbutiamine is a just a b-1 vitamin analog so I would be extremely surprised if they cared.

CANK

Awards
I got an answer from USADA, they are both NOT on the banned list BUT they are unsure on how G. might come up in a urine test.

I checked and the chemical skeleton of G., it is similar to Amph.

Things don't look good.

Schmazz

Schmazz

Awards
I was under the impression that Geran. caused a false positive for amphetamines. This was mentioned in an article a while ago. I believe it was supposed to clear your system in 3-4 days, however.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Keep us in the loop, good luck.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Seems like the geranamine might cause problems because it has a similar structure to several beta agonists include amphetamine, ephedrine etc...

CANK

Awards
The structure is VERY different from Eph.

It's only similar to Amph.

CANK

Awards
Don't just watch the structure, check what's attached to it.

Anyhow, compare to Geranamine.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Don't just watch the structure, check what's attached to it.

Anyhow, compare to Geranamine.
I am quite versed in looking at structures. You can't just look at the parent compounds but must also be familiar with the metabolites.

Look at the structures, do you honestly believe that geranamine is similar to amphetamine but different from ephedrine?

Attachments

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I am quite versed in looking at structures. You can't just look at the parent compounds but must also be familiar with the metabolites.

Look at the structures, do you honestly believe that geranamine is similar to amphetamine but different from ephedrine?
screwed up attachment

Attachments

F355

F355

Awards
  • Established
alright, so the only similarity i see with geranamine and amph is the methyl and amine groups at the carbon. am i right?

this similarity in structure can actually cause a false positive for amphetamines in a UA???

dave12

Awards
  • Established
I don't know anything about WADA testing or USDSA or whatever but I do know that last november I failed a work quick test for amphs while taking 1,3 dimethylamylamine (Geranium) and sat on my ass for four days waiting the testers to figure out what cause was, then they cleared me. I'd be careful.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Now you have me worried because I just went in for a hair sample drug test for a new job, lol.