RPM - Lost it's alphamale feeling?

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Used RPM when it first came out and man was it incredible. Haven't used it since then and was getting ready to order another mega bottle, however, just notice the formula was recently changed. Been seeing various threads and it seems to no longer offer that same alphamale feeling as the original; is the punch of it gone?

Would appreciate feedback from those who used the original and revised versions before I go spending almost $60 and end up being disappointed with it.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
yep man run 3 bottles lost alot of fat and muscle got bags under mi eyes, got waayy to burnd out, hav not touch it since
just lookd at the lable its still the same
wat did u think they changed

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Chocamine, Icariin level, etc.

So you noticed no change in the kind of results with the revised version?

yep man run 3 bottles lost alot of fat and muscle got bags under mi eyes, got waayy to burnd out, hav not touch it since
just lookd at the lable its still the same
wat did u think they changed

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
Chocamine, Icariin level, etc.

So you noticed no change in the kind of results with the revised version?
no i havnt used the weaker version, and yes less Icariin would deff make the alpha male feeling lessen

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
OK; thanks for chiming in as your comments of the original version are consistent with what I experienced with it when it first came out.

Now some feedback from those that have used the revised version?

no i havnt used the weaker version, and yes less Icariin would deff make the alpha male feeling lessen

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Used RPM when it first came out and man was it incredible. Haven't used it since then and was getting ready to order another mega bottle, however, just notice the formula was recently changed. Been seeing various threads and it seems to no longer offer that same alphamale feeling as the original; is the punch of it gone?

Would appreciate feedback from those who used the original and revised versions before I go spending almost $60 and end up being disappointed with it.
I hate to say it.. but yes, it's true.

The new one doesnt even compare to the original RPM's feeling.. I don't even feel the new one.. the other one, at 5 caps I was LEAN AND MEAN! aggressive on the weights and mean as hell when I took it to go out partying.. very alpha feeling... I wish they would go back to their 50% Icariin extract which is obviously is what was responsible for this tremendous feeling.

flex13

Awards
Using new one right now and it works great for me...I switch back between rpm and jack and love em both

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what did they change in the formula

i got a bottle when it first came out, i was never impressed, but i know many loved it.

at the time i had bottles of m5aa and r4w, so its no wonder rpm didnt compare ;) im sure in other circumstances i would have liked it more and perhaps even got another bottle.

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established

i got a bottle when it first came out, i was never impressed, but i know many loved it.

at the time i had bottles of m5aa and r4w, so its no wonder rpm didnt compare ;) im sure in other circumstances i would have liked it more and perhaps even got another bottle.
The original RPM was quite innovative IMO because it increased aggression giving you a big alpha male feeling (at least at 5 caps) that you just couldnt get from any other preworkout supp.

It's sad they changed the formula.. reminds me of the original stimulant X.. they change the formula to cut costs. Apparently they Icariin extract in the original RPM was expensive or somethin.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Do you still dose it exactly the same then and get the same effect? I would think the decreased level of icariin would have to impact the results wouldn't it?

still works just fine for me :) same ingredients, same effects....

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Funny you should mentioned Jacked as I was just reading up on it. Seems to be an interesting formula.

When you take one and then the other the next day, how would you compare the two?

Using new one right now and it works great for me...I switch back between rpm and jack and love em both

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
That is what I had heard; the icariin level dropped which would explain the lack of the alpha male feeling.

Have you used Jacked or Animal Pump?

The original RPM was quite innovative IMO because it increased aggression giving you a big alpha male feeling (at least at 5 caps) that you just couldnt get from any other preworkout supp.

It's sad they changed the formula.. reminds me of the original stimulant X.. they change the formula to cut costs. Apparently they Icariin extract in the original RPM was expensive or somethin.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Seems more likely to me that people have probably gotten accustomed to some of the effects of RPM. The ingredients really haven't changed enough to cause the loss of alpha-ness. A 10% difference in icarriin shouldn't matter all that much.

If you have RPM on hand and think it doesn't work as well as it used to, try a 1-2 week stim washout to sort of reset your tolerance.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i bought a bottle of rpm when it first came out, wasn't impressed. then i bought a bottle of original r4w and loved it. too bad chuck had to mess with that kick asss formula.

beastmode99

Awards
I had just had my order of rpm delivered yesterday and was looking forward to that alpha-male feeling you guys speak of but worried that it may of lost that effect. Well I popped 3 rpm roughly around 70 minutes before my workout and about 10 minutes into my workout (about at 80 minutes) I was doing some squats and just went almost crazy with aggression. I was just feeling indestructable and super human on my squats. I have to say that the aggression I got from rpm allowed me to hit a new personal record as I squatted 375 my last set of 5 x 5. I have not tried the original version but all I do know is that this "revised" rpm made me so aggressive and almost psycho (I just wanted to tear apart something) and I felt like king of the weightroom. Anyways if the original rpm is anymore powerful than this revised rpm then keep me away from it because that could of made me dangerous ;)

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Seems more likely to me that people have probably gotten accustomed to some of the effects of RPM. The ingredients really haven't changed enough to cause the loss of alpha-ness. A 10% difference in icarriin shouldn't matter all that much.

If you have RPM on hand and think it doesn't work as well as it used to, try a 1-2 week stim washout to sort of reset your tolerance.
bingo

flex13

Awards
Funny you should mentioned Jacked as I was just reading up on it. Seems to be an interesting formula.

When you take one and then the other the next day, how would you compare the two?

I get great workouts from both of them...the only difference is a notice a little more pump from then rpm and also post work out after jacked i sometimes notice a real sluggishness about an hour or two after my workout

I honestly think some of the guys here will run these supps for months at a time and their body just adapts to it...i would suggest running it a month then take a few weeks off then jump back on...in my opinion anything run for long periods ur body adapts to and the results arent as good

JJC

Awards
  • Established
It's sad they changed the formula.. reminds me of the original stimulant X..
It's back, actually. Now called Slim Xtreme. Just got my sample in the mail today. It's supposed to be the exact same as the original release. If so, then I'm saving mine for those days when I need energy for about 12 hours straight! That stuff was legit.

Also, FWIW, I ordered some The One and should get it tomorrow along with some RPM samples. I'll pop some before my workout in the evening and drop my 2 cents here. I haven't used RPM (original formula) in a long time so this should provide a decent comparison.

z28man

Awards
  • Established

I've tried that and my big block RPM (new formula) is just not on par with the numerous original RPM bottles I went through. I even used Reset AD to see if I was just adrenal fatigued and no luck. The original stuff was the best pre-workout stim Id ever used. Not only is the alpha feeling gone, but the stim effect is hardly noticable. Im glad some of you guys are getting good results from the new formula, it's just not the same at all for me. Sucks that I wasted a good chunk of change on this big bottle, but I still believe in the company. Bring back the original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I have a bottle of the old formula, and the new formula... nice try, though...

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've tried that and my big block RPM (new formula) is just not on par with the numerous original RPM bottles I went through. I even used Reset AD to see if I was just adrenal fatigued and no luck. The original stuff was the best pre-workout stim Id ever used. Not only is the alpha feeling gone, but the stim effect is hardly noticable. Im glad some of you guys are getting good results from the new formula, it's just not the same at all for me. Sucks that I wasted a good chunk of change on this big bottle, but I still believe in the company. Bring back the original!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with everything you said.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I took a month off of RPM when I was ON and when I came back to it I realized how much I still love it! my first workout with it was amazing!!!!

I've been using it now for nearly 2 months and I can say that I'm not really getting that feeling any more. I'd say it's about time to take a break and come back to it.

I think I'll run some reset AD between now and then too.

in the end, I still love my RPM.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Another one that seems impressive and might be worth trying is Animal PUMP.

I get great workouts from both of them...the only difference is a notice a little more pump from then rpm and also post work out after jacked i sometimes notice a real sluggishness about an hour or two after my workout

I honestly think some of the guys here will run these supps for months at a time and their body just adapts to it...i would suggest running it a month then take a few weeks off then jump back on...in my opinion anything run for long periods ur body adapts to and the results arent as good

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Also got my samples yesterday of SX; curious how this stuff measures up.

It's back, actually. Now called Slim Xtreme. Just got my sample in the mail today. It's supposed to be the exact same as the original release. If so, then I'm saving mine for those days when I need energy for about 12 hours straight! That stuff was legit.

Also, FWIW, I ordered some The One and should get it tomorrow along with some RPM samples. I'll pop some before my workout in the evening and drop my 2 cents here. I haven't used RPM (original formula) in a long time so this should provide a decent comparison.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...so some are clearly noticing an apparent change from RPM today and to when it first came out.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
RPM is still RPM...nuff said there. Honestly, I think because looking at the label people are feeling a serious placebo effect...RPM has not lost its effectiveness, the changes are minor and not enough to notice a difference. People truly underestimate the placebo effect as it is. If your a serious veteran of the game you can admit you have fallen victim to it...we all have at one time or another...to say differently I personally think is a load of BS. Just to add in...these are my personal thoughts, not thoughts based off of bias because of my affiliation.

Cheers!:cheers:

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
No question about it that RPM is still RPM, however mainly interested in know if the same effect is reach as using the same number of caps before. It seems if the icariin level was descreased, this alone should impact the "alpha male feeling".

RPM is still RPM...nuff said there. Honestly, I think because looking at the label people are feeling a serious placebo effect...RPM has not lost its effectiveness, the changes are minor and not enough to notice a difference. People truly underestimate the placebo effect as it is. If your a serious veteran of the game you can admit you have fallen victim to it...we all have at one time or another...to say differently I personally think is a load of BS. Just to add in...these are my personal thoughts, not thoughts based of bias because off of my affiliation.

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
No question about it that RPM is still RPM, however mainly interested in know if the same effect is reach as using the same number of caps before. It seems if the icariin level was descreased, this alone should impact the "alpha male feeling".
Honestly...the dosage is relative to the individual. I myself generally use 6-8 caps. The change in Icariin content is so minor there is no way you are going to notice a drastic change. RPM is still the top notch stuff it always has been.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
True, however mainly interested in knowing if the same effect is reach as using the same number of caps as before. For example, before could you use 4-5 caps, but now find 6-8 caps are needed to get the same effect.

BTW...6-8 caps?:yikes:

Honestly...the dosage is relative to the individual. I myself generally use 6-8 caps. The change in Icariin content is so minor there is no way you are going to notice a drastic change. RPM is still the top notch stuff it always has been.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

I've used both versions. Can't say that I notice any difference, except that I take LESS to notice effects on the reformulated version than I did on the original (i.e. I only need to take 2 caps of the new formula to get the desired effects, whereas with the original formula I was dosing up to 6 caps).

what did they change in the formula...
The new formula is:

Amount per capsule - 500mg:

P-SARM Synthase AI Complex (Proprietory Blend) - 290mg
L-Arginine
Grape Seed Extract (95% Oliogometric Proanthocynandins)
Epidemium Extracts (40% Icariin)
Naringin(98% Extract)

Methyl AMP Complex (Proprietory Blend) - 210mg
Cocao Extract (Standardized to 10% Theobromine)
Caffeine Anhydrous
Theobromine (99%)

Interesting...so some are clearly noticing an apparent change from RPM today and to when it first came out.
Many people have noted a change in using the original and reformulated versions of RPM. And others haven't. It is pretty dependent on the individual.

True, however mainly interested in knowing if the same effect is reach as using the same number of caps as before. For example, before could you use 4-5 caps, but now find 6-8 caps are needed to get the same effect.

BTW...6-8 caps?:yikes:
As said above, with the original formula I started on 2 caps daily, and had to keep INcreasing the dosage to get the desired effects. I ended up at 5-6 caps to notice anything. With the reformulated version I only need 2 caps to get the effects I need. Regardless of the version I still had/get smooth, focused energy, and the time spent training seems nothing like what it is real-time.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Going to give it one more try and hopefully it lives up to the claims.

I've used both versions. Can't say that I notice any difference, except that I take LESS to notice effects on the reformulated version than I did on the original (i.e. I only need to take 2 caps of the new formula to get the desired effects, whereas with the original formula I was dosing up to 6 caps).

The new formula is:

L-Arginine
Naringin(98% Extract)

Caffeine Anhydrous
Theobromine (99%)

Many people have noted a change in using the original and reformulated versions of RPM. And others haven't. It is pretty dependent on the individual.

As said above, with the original formula I started on 2 caps daily, and had to keep INcreasing the dosage to get the desired effects. I ended up at 5-6 caps to notice anything. With the reformulated version I only need 2 caps to get the effects I need. Regardless of the version I still had/get smooth, focused energy, and the time spent training seems nothing like what it is real-time.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
People claiming it's more potent, less potent the same and it doesn't matter... Glad that was answered :p

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
like everyone said 50 to 40% isnt enough to change anything

too much icarin was causing tracers in some folks

the mind is a powerful thing

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

what are tracers?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established

You guys sure it was the icariin and not the naringin interacting with other drugs?

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Also got my samples yesterday of SX; curious how this stuff measures up.
Do NOT take all 3 caps at once if you've never used it before. I will warn you ahead of time. It LITERALLY makes you feel like you're on meth,coke, etc. It's much stronger than the ECA stack as well. I too 3 caps at 2pm yesterday afternoon and didn't get a SINGLE minute of sleep last night. IT SUCKED! My tolerance to stims is high, which is why I took all 3 caps, but that was a big mistake.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Do NOT take all 3 caps at once if you've never used it before. I will warn you ahead of time. It LITERALLY makes you feel like you're on meth,coke, etc. It's much stronger than the ECA stack as well. I too 3 caps at 2pm yesterday afternoon and didn't get a SINGLE minute of sleep last night. IT SUCKED! My tolerance to stims is high, which is why I took all 3 caps, but that was a big mistake.
Why the H would you do that??? Damn. One is plenty. That will net you about 12 hours of energy on its own. :crackhead: haha

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Folks, regardless of what the changes were, over 3/4 of all RPM ever sold was the 'new' version, and that change took place a LONG time ago. Any effects anyone here felt were likely on the 'new' version, and any lessening of effects due to stim tolerance.

The end.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
3 caps? :scared:

I did only one cap around 7am and could feel it all the way through 7pm :laugh:

and at 2pm...WOW!

SX is Amazing!

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
You guys sure it was the icariin and not the naringin interacting with other drugs?
i read reports and talked to dirk about this

trails tracers same thing

im not a druggy so i cant compare the 2

however its like when clomid is ran to high of a dose

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
3 caps? :scared:

I did only one cap around 7am and could feel it all the way through 7pm :laugh:

and at 2pm...WOW!

SX is Amazing!
Yea, that's why I said DO NOT take 3 caps!! LOL. I will not make that mistake again. SX is by far the most potent OTC stimulant i've ever used HANDS DOWN.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So if this version has been out for what some claim to be a long time now, how come the label at NP reflects the original version as do the samples I received in the mail yesterday? :think:

The new formula is:

L-Arginine
Naringin(98% Extract)

Caffeine Anhydrous
Theobromine (99%)