Supplement Companies Are Selling More And More To High School Kids

1. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

High school teenagers are being lured like fish to supplement companies each and everyday. These companies are sucking in your kids to buy supplements at very high prices and giving them the thought that they can get the muscles they need to compete at their specific sport.

Please realize that teenagers are still growing they do not need supplements to compete. The draw of looking big and fit is making these supplement companies rich. Go to your local health food store and take a look at these prices. They are unbelievably high. High school kids want to look good because of shows like mtv spring break. On average 40 percent of all teenagers in america take supplements now. We did a survey of local high schools in upstate ny and out of one thousands kids four hundred are taking some form of supplement.

What does this mean? Your son or daughter is trying to compete for that scholarship that probably will not come. It probably means that they want to look good for that special someone. Really what this is, is a legalized mob taking advantage of our youth. The stats are staggering. Making money off children is becoming a way of organized crime. No one at the age of sixteen needs whey, protein shakes, or steroids. The body of a sixteen year old taking supplements can only do more harm then good. Your body is still growing. Let it grow naturally. Working out is fine. Don't be afraid to lift weights, run, or walk.

But we believe taking supplements will only help the rich get richer and do more harm to your body before the age of twenty one. Please do your homework on what your taking.

Doug Muraski has written many articles on the health of our youth. Doug has a degree in sports management from Michigan University. Take a look at our articles that are updated daily http://www.youtubearticles.com/supplements/

By: Doug Muraski

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

On average 40 percent of all teenagers in america take supplements now

And this is based on a 1000 student sample at one high school? That's some fine police work there, Lou.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Pretty uninformative definition of "supplements" - time to beat the drums and scare the villagers again, I guess....
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  168 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.01%

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    What does this mean? Your son or daughter is trying to compete for that scholarship that probably will not come. It probably means that they want to look good for that special someone. Really what this is, is a legalized mob taking advantage of our youth. The stats are staggering. Making money off children is becoming a way of organized crime. No one at the age of sixteen needs whey, protein shakes, or steroids. The body of a sixteen year old taking supplements can only do more harm then good. Your body is still growing. Let it grow naturally. Working out is fine. Don't be afraid to lift weights, run, or walk.
    Thats kind of a big jump. And whey is in dairy... I dont see whats wrong with protien shakes either. I think they just throw steroids in there for shock value b/c last time I checked im not picking up Dianabol from some X-highschool-jock-that-never-went-pro at GNC.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by redline2101 View Post
    Thats kind of a big jump. And whey is in dairy... I dont see whats wrong with protien shakes either. I think they just throw steroids in there for shock value b/c last time I checked im not picking up Dianabol from some X-highschool-jock-that-never-went-pro at GNC.
    you shop in the wrong GNC then

but i mean come on, fish oil or multivitamins would fall into supplements, and for crying out loud my dogs take those. so i dunno what that 40% really means
  6. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

The opinion expressed in the article is the proprietary property of the author and in no way reflects the opinion of the poster.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 09:53 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
  3. Why Are Kids Entering Puberty Before They Enter School?
    By 1cc in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 01:11 PM
  4. High Protein Bars for Kids...
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 07:18 PM