Favorite Weight Gainer

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
Whats everyone out theres favorite weight gainer when bulking? Why is it your favorite brand (contents/calories,price,taste,servings per bucket, ect..)?

Mine is cytosport cytogainer, not only because of its amazing taste but also a very good ratio of carbs to protein. Also 900 clean calories when mixed with milk along with a high bcaa contents and creatine monohydrate with an overall descent price..

what about you?

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
my personal thoughts are that weight gainers are junk...if you're trying to gain weight then eat more FOOD!

when I'm bulking I might splurge on a good post workout shake...Torrent is my favorite at the moment.

Torrent has a mixture of fast and slow burning carbs, BCAA, whey hydrolisate (sp?), and multiple forms of creatine. oh, and it tastes amazing!

mikemd21289

mikemd21289

Awards
yeah i hear with you the eating more whole foods part... being a student is the worst though, sometimes its a few hours after I lift before I can eat a solid meal. So I'm looking to get about 1000 calories with simple/complex carbs and whey/casein protein in a PW shake...

ndawson89

ndawson89

Awards
I like Universal Real Gains - I usually throw in a banana, oats, and natty pb.

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I bought 20lbs of NLarge2 awhile ago, was like half price

I still didnt even finish one 10lbs jar..

It's decent I suppose..

SamBoz19

SamBoz19

Awards
  • Established
My favorite weight gainer is good old lotsafood...lol. Seriously though...as far as what you would call weightgainers are concerned...stick with making your own. I normally make my own weightgainer shakes with some whey protein isolate, a banana, oats, natty pb, and skim milk...great stuff....yum! :)

Cheers!:cheers:

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
while I agree with Sam, I will say that I don't rec adding PB (or any fats) to your post workout shake...not a time that you want to slow down digestion of nutrients.

aries70

aries70

Awards
SamBoz19;1823168]My favorite weight gainer is good old lotsafood...lol. Seriously though...as far as what you would call weightgainers are concerned...stick with making your own. I normally make my own weightgainer shakes with some whey protein isolate, a banana, oats, natty pb, and skim milk...great stuff....yum! :)

This is exactly what I do and it will definately pack it on you. I don't necessarily do it for a pre-workout or a post work-out but more of a breakfast smoothie.

p00ndawg

p00ndawg

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Its just like with anything, whole foods help so much more than supplements. From what ive seen around the forum, weight gainers should be used like protein shakes, like when you cant find anything to eat and want something that wont mess up your diet or something that will keep you going for an hour or two until your next meal. I have although no experience with weight gainers, but can tell you mexican food will help you gain lots of weight, and REAL mexican food. Not taco bell or anything. I have lots of mexican recipes i can give you if youd like. Im mexican :D so they're legit!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
my personal thoughts are that weight gainers are junk...if you're trying to gain weight then eat more FOOD!

when I'm bulking I might splurge on a good post workout shake...Torrent is my favorite at the moment.

Torrent has a mixture of fast and slow burning carbs, BCAA, whey hydrolisate (sp?), and multiple forms of creatine. oh, and it tastes amazing!
Torrent is awesome, though specifically post-workout...

I'd have to disagree with ya, respectfully. There are times and instances where usin' a weight gainer can benefit the lifter on a bulk. It ain't for everyone, but that don't mean it's "junk".

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Its just like with anything, whole foods help so much more than supplements.
Though controversial, I'd say most of the times, this is true. But even the NSCA acknowledges the fact that, in some instances, supps are better than food.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
I like Universal Real Gains - I usually throw in a banana, oats, and natty pb.
Good call. Those who know me know I have a sweet spot for Strawberry...

For the first three with a U.S. mailing addy and over 18 who post here, there's a tub of Real Gains, flavor of your choice, with your name on it.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Hmm I am interested, would this go well with Uni-liver?

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Real Gains 1/2 serving Banana mixed with 1/2 serving Chocolate...

PhysiqueFreak

PhysiqueFreak

Awards
  • Established
Wish I had seen this sooner, but URep, Awesome how you just threw that promo out there. Have to love Universal's generosity

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Wish I had seen this sooner, but URep, Awesome how you just threw that promo out there. Have to love Universal's generosity
Universal/Animal don't have much of a rep here... Just lookin' for ways to get product out and change some minds about the company and the products is all... Like I just said in another thread, the company is based on gettin' customers and keepin' 'em for the long haul--the old fashioned way.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
up your mass- mhp fudge brownie (good in water for the starving student who forgets to buy milk and gets harassed by the fat caf lady when trying to boost it)

BettrBdyMitch

BettrBdyMitch

Awards
damn I just missed out on that one! I'm a distributor for you guys so it shouldn't be too bad to pick up a tub to try out.

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
damn I just missed out on that one! I'm a distributor for you guys so it shouldn't be too bad to pick up a tub to try out.
Distributor, eh? Hit me up with a PM... I'm sure Corporate won't mind...

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Am very excited about this, will be using this for my refeeds. I appreciate this and cant wait to throw it in my log.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
:( My websense blocks your site. "Sports" :(

When I get away from work I will check it out. I am going to log it here as well.
Thanks BTW am loving Uni-Liver.

socal2ks

socal2ks

Awards
Ill have to check some of these out out for my brother.

I wish I had to use a weight gainer:lmao:

stretch

Awards
Haha nice one. I would send you rep points like people have done for me but i have no idea how to do thatttttt.

WittyName

WittyName

Awards
  • Established
Received my Real Gains yesterday. Just in time for my refeed, Very tasty (Strawberry mmm). I will go my in detail in my log.
Thanks U-Rep.

subweevil

subweevil

Awards
  • Established
MHP's Up Your Mass, for whenever you can't mix everything up in a blender. Nice job U rep!! Always nice to see company involvement in a positive manner!!

Universal Rep

Universal Rep

UniversalUSA.com
Awards
  • Established
Received my Real Gains yesterday. Just in time for my refeed, Very tasty (Strawberry mmm). I will go my in detail in my log.
Thanks U-Rep.
Thanks. Lookin' forward to hearing the feedback.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
animal max and real gains for me...

kimmy gibler

kimmy gibler

Awards
I tried Cytogainer,that **** made me ill. I have over half the tub left and will never touch the stuff again. I'll stick with real food and making my own WG shakes.

widdlewade44

Awards
Food followed by a couple of Real Gains shakes during the day when I'm looking to add some quality weight. RG is very good and clean, peace.

Kevin
widdlewade44

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Animal Max, eh? Old school...
Thats right@@ Check out my chest and TRi now this old school

Hate to say this but I order some Jacked3d ( ST and pump are just the bomb) but I may have to take a look @ somthing different I have been with you cats for many moons!

DB Islandmagic 30deg 15deg flat 5X8 (30deg 15deg flat one set) 4 more to son!

DB Decline Bench 4x15

DB Incline Bench 2x15

Incline low pulley fly 2x20

DB Tri kickback 2x20

Islandmagic cable Tri extn 1X100 ( you start @ 100lbs if you cannot bang out 100 reps you move the pin up one until you can finish 100 reps)

Island tri pull downs 1X100 ( you start @ 100lbs if you cannot bang out 100 reps you move the pin up one until you can finish 100 reps)

Bench dips 2x20

Islandmagic push-up 5x15 ( 15 wide 15 normal 15 closed one set) Now you have 4 more to go can you do it?