Almost done PH cycle but just got perscribed prednisone!

astroman

Awards
Hey guys I am just finishing up a cycle of Dymethazine, have like five days left. However, today my asthma doctor just prescribed me Prednisone for my allergy/asthma symptoms. He want to see me back in like four weeks. The Rx is for about 7 days or so.

I was getting ready to start on Reversitol when my cycle was over but I am worried about interactions etc.

Any advice?

edit:
looks like I posted in the wrong area, sorry bout that...

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly, you need to talk to your doc.

If you're worried b/c prednisone is a steroid, it's not that kind of steroid. It's a corticosteroid, but it is metabolized by the liver...

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
You still could have some HPTA complications with prednisone, especially because you're just finishing up a PH cycle.

I'd say talk to your doctor immediately before you start taking that.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didn't know that, but that's why I said talk to your doc!!!

Thanks for the input PubulicEnemy; learned something new today ;)

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Ha yea man no problem...

Completely random knowledge I guess but I had researched it because I had a Bells Palsy episode last september and got put on it for two weeks. I wouldn't think a 7 day Rx would have a profound impact on the HPTA, long term use definitely does, but because he's finishing a PH cycle its better to err on the side of caution as prednisone can do some nasty things to your cortisol levels

astroman

Awards
Thanks guys.

So I should wait approximately how long before I get my Rx going? Couple weeks? I am planning on running Reversitol for PCT.

Is there any reason why I cannot run my PCT and pred at the same time after awhile?

I would ask my doctor but it would cause big problems (it is complicated).

I am new on here but really digging the good vibes thanks again.

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys.

So I should wait approximately how long before I get my Rx going? Couple weeks? I am planning on running Reversitol for PCT.

Is there any reason why I cannot run my PCT and pred at the same time after awhile?
I'd say the real complication with running your PCT and pred at the same time is that your PCT, among other things, should be helping restore balance to your HPTA while your prednisone will effect the balance HPTA to some extent. I wouldn't really be concerned about only a week of pred but the fact that you're finishing up a PH cycle kinda complicates it, and I am not a doctor or a reputable medical authority so I honestly don't know or want to give you a definite answer because in no way am I an expert on the subject.

The prednisone will exogenously elevate your cortisol levels, that much is certain. A week of pred doesn't nearly have the side effects of long term glucocorticosteroids usage, and i've read somewhere that anything more than a week can result in adrenal suppression.

Also, rxlist.com is a good website for the info pertaining to prednisone so give it a read over, I didn't find anything about PH/AAS interactions but then again, who knows?

I would ask my doctor but it would cause big problems (it is complicated).
My advice then would to have a consultation with another doctor... or even better, an endocrinologist.

BigSmith

Awards
  • Established
I doubt you will have a problem if you are just using a dose-pack, however that is still a bit hard on the liver. I ran it for a week for a bad sinus problem and my liver panel did not come back good.

Anything other than just a dose pack you should have a nice heart to heart with your doc about dymeth and get some blood done.