Pre-workout supplement

digitalbass

Awards
Ive just recently tried Nano by Muscletech from a friend. Its supposed to open up your veins and let blood flow more freely and give you more pump. I liked it but is there anything else out there in pill form that is better?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's plenty of better options; MuscleTech spends way too much money on advertising and coming up with fancy product names, and too little on investing in quality products & ingredients. Secondly, Nitric Oxide (NO) boosters don't do very much and your money could be much better spent on other supplements.

You need to get your diet and training check before you start worrying about supplements. Try reading http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/86088-neoborn-s-where.html and http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html . Then make sure you've got your staples covered, here's my C&P.

Staples: Whey (Best value & taste ) , Creatine ( Monohydrate works , and is $13/kg), Fish Oils (10/day of the 180/120 EPA/DHA is a good starting point), Good Multi (I like ADAM ), ZMA ( Best Value ) . Healthy Fats: Nuts, Coconut Oil, Fish oils, etc , Pre-Bed Protein : ON's Casein .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other friends using MuscleTech products, please get them to join this forum, do some reading, and better understand there are much better choices than MT out there.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
There's plenty of better options; MuscleTech spends way too much money on advertising and coming up with fancy product names, and too little on investing in quality products & ingredients. Secondly, Nitric Oxide (NO) boosters don't do very much and your money could be much better spent on other supplements.

You need to get your diet and training check before you start worrying about supplements. Try reading http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/86088-neoborn-s-where.html and http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html . Then make sure you've got your staples covered, here's my C&P.

Staples: Whey (Best value & taste ) , Creatine ( Monohydrate works [/B], and is $13/kg), Fish Oils (10/day of the 180/120 EPA/DHA is a good starting point), Good Multi (I like ADAM ), ZMA ( Best Value ) . Healthy Fats: Nuts, Coconut Oil, Fish oils, etc , Pre-Bed Protein : ON's Casein .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other friends using MuscleTech products, please get them to join this forum, do some reading, and better understand there are much better choices than MT out there.
do you still load up on creatine mono -havent used that version for a long time?

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
do you still load up on creatine mono -havent used that version for a long time?
You could if you want, that's if you want it to kick in quicker I believe.
5-10g is just fine though and more cost friendly.

BigFish80

BigFish80

Awards
  • Established
Don't waste your time with MuscleTech. Overpriced and not worth it. Go with the Nutraplanet Ultimate MassPump Stack (CEE, AEE, CM) and add in Nutraplanet Creatine Monohydrate and Nutraplanet Beta-Alanine. Mix 2-3 grams of each in 5-6oz of Hot water (to ensure good mixing) and top with Light Cranberry Juice or other favorite juice. Pop your favorite pre-workout stim (I use RPM) and you're ready to go.

Bottom line...... this is Cheaper and more effective. It also gives you the ability to play with the dosages and create your own Moster Mixture....... Mwooo haa haa haa!

Knewsance

Awards
well I tried nano but the only affects I felt was on my wallet. Superpump by gaspari is good but its has been known to be hard on the stomach. NO-Shotgun by vpx is a good one also. Or white flood by controlled labs but i like the powder more then the pill myself and I would buy it offline and stay away from gnc it is alot more cost friendly online

mxmatt15

mxmatt15

Awards
  • Established
dont wana bash on any brand by muscle tech is garbage and a complete waste of money. try some jacked, ur pumps will be insane

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My Pre-Workout Arsenal
Prime 6 caps
Powerfull 3 caps
Super cissus 1 cap
Jack3d 2 scoops
Xrend 3 scoops

I get the best workouts ever with this combo:D

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
im a big fan of RPM by applied nutriceuticals, awesome pumps, indurance and intensity on RPM

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
im a big fan of RPM by applied nutriceuticals, awesome pumps, indurance and intensity on RPM
Do your energy levels drop quickly to the point of wanting to sleep once the effect wears off?

I also read somewhere that the dosage on the label may not suit everyone and you have to find your own level to make it effective. How have you found it?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
White FLOOD tablets or powder
Ragnarok
Jacked

Ubiyca

Ubiyca

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Studies showed there's no need to load. 2.5-5g pre and postWO with carbs is about right.
Honestly...

Screw the studies..

I load 20-30grams, and then I'll maybe do 20 after that too for normal cycle and I add a decent amount of weight and strength that I woludn't get the same from dosing 5grams ED like the "studies" say is the same thing.

airram479

Awards
  • Established
I have too agree with the majority here. I mean, how you spend your hard earned cash is up to you,but muscletech will leave you broke and dissapointed in the end. Since i just posted a thread about supps on a budget i am going to have to say buy in bulk. I just purchased a stack from 1 fast about 3 weeks ago and it consists of: CEE,AEE,BA,CM,Taurine,Caffeine. That stack gets me jacked big time. Crazy pumps,and endurance.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
My Pre-Workout Arsenal
Prime 6 caps
Powerfull 3 caps
Super cissus 1 cap
Jack3d 2 scoops
Xrend 3 scoops

I get the best workouts ever with this combo:D
just been reading the product claims about POWERFULL and this is what some of it says "About 20-40 minutes after taking PowerFULL you will begin to yawn. Now you won’t be real tired, just feeling a calm sense of relaxation and peace. This is the sign of your body releasing HGH. So yawning is good!"

Do you feel the same =not good i would have thought before a gym session

I see you take Jacked-maybe that overcomes the yawning effect -how are you affected?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea the lethargy is countered by the stims, but I usually reserve my Powerfull for Pre-Bed. SuperSap might be a better idea PreWO w/ Jack3d.
I concur. ^^^^^

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just been reading the product claims about POWERFULL and this is what some of it says "About 20-40 minutes after taking PowerFULL you will begin to yawn. Now you won’t be real tired, just feeling a calm sense of relaxation and peace. This is the sign of your body releasing HGH. So yawning is good!"

Do you feel the same =not good i would have thought before a gym session

I see you take Jacked-maybe that overcomes the yawning effect -how are you affected?
Weird, I never got any yawns. But I never did a workout with powerfull with out Jacked, but with that stack I get insane energy and strength very far from a yawn, I just feel like I get the perfect workout everytime with this stack and I've never got this feeling from any other supplements.

vince spider

vince spider

Awards
  • Established
Do your energy levels drop quickly to the point of wanting to sleep once the effect wears off?

I also read somewhere that the dosage on the label may not suit everyone and you have to find your own level to make it effective. How have you found it?
i take 3 caps of rpm around 4 30 in the afternoon and train at 5 10pm. i normally go to bed around 10 30pm at night. so no i dont have that energy level drop off thing you were talking about. ive tried taking 2 rpms before a workout but i just found 3 was the magic number 4 me:bruce3:

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
I concur. ^^^^^
What is the half life of PF? I ask because if you remember my lethargic issue, well I was taking 2 PF after breakfast. Even though the lethargic feeling did not happen till almost noon after taking AP (might be coincidental).