Pre-workout supplement

  1. New Member
    digitalbass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    86
    Level
    4
    Lv. Percent
    87.54%

    Pre-workout supplement


    Ive just recently tried Nano by Muscletech from a friend. Its supposed to open up your veins and let blood flow more freely and give you more pump. I liked it but is there anything else out there in pill form that is better?

  2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    There's plenty of better options; MuscleTech spends way too much money on advertising and coming up with fancy product names, and too little on investing in quality products & ingredients. Secondly, Nitric Oxide (NO) boosters don't do very much and your money could be much better spent on other supplements.

    You need to get your diet and training check before you start worrying about supplements. Try reading http://anabolicminds.com/forum/train...n-s-where.html and Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell) . Then make sure you've got your staples covered, here's my C&P.


    Staples: Whey (Best value & taste ) , Creatine ( Monohydrate works , and is $13/kg), Fish Oils (10/day of the 180/120 EPA/DHA is a good starting point), Good Multi (I like ADAM ), ZMA ( Best Value ) . Healthy Fats: Nuts, Coconut Oil, Fish oils, etc , Pre-Bed Protein : ON's Casein .

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you have any other friends using MuscleTech products, please get them to join this forum, do some reading, and better understand there are much better choices than MT out there.
  3. Senior Member
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    13346
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    5.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    There's plenty of better options; MuscleTech spends way too much money on advertising and coming up with fancy product names, and too little on investing in quality products & ingredients. Secondly, Nitric Oxide (NO) boosters don't do very much and your money could be much better spent on other supplements.

    You need to get your diet and training check before you start worrying about supplements. Try reading http://anabolicminds.com/forum/train...n-s-where.html and Gaining mass in a nutshell (a big nutshell) . Then make sure you've got your staples covered, here's my C&P.


    Staples: Whey (Best value & taste ) , Creatine ( Monohydrate works [/B], and is $13/kg), Fish Oils (10/day of the 180/120 EPA/DHA is a good starting point), Good Multi (I like ADAM ), ZMA ( Best Value ) . Healthy Fats: Nuts, Coconut Oil, Fish oils, etc , Pre-Bed Protein : ON's Casein .

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you have any other friends using MuscleTech products, please get them to join this forum, do some reading, and better understand there are much better choices than MT out there.
    do you still load up on creatine mono -havent used that version for a long time?
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    wrasslin116's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,527
    Rep Power
    878
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    22.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    do you still load up on creatine mono -havent used that version for a long time?
    You could if you want, that's if you want it to kick in quicker I believe.
    5-10g is just fine though and more cost friendly.
  5. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    do you still load up on creatine mono -havent used that version for a long time?
    Studies showed there's no need to load. 2.5-5g pre and postWO with carbs is about right.
  6. New Member
    BigFish80's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    234
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    68.48%

    Don't waste your time with MuscleTech. Overpriced and not worth it. Go with the Nutraplanet Ultimate MassPump Stack (CEE, AEE, CM) and add in Nutraplanet Creatine Monohydrate and Nutraplanet Beta-Alanine. Mix 2-3 grams of each in 5-6oz of Hot water (to ensure good mixing) and top with Light Cranberry Juice or other favorite juice. Pop your favorite pre-workout stim (I use RPM) and you're ready to go.

    Bottom line...... this is Cheaper and more effective. It also gives you the ability to play with the dosages and create your own Moster Mixture....... Mwooo haa haa haa!
  7. New Member
    Knewsance's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    88
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    34.63%

    well I tried nano but the only affects I felt was on my wallet. Superpump by gaspari is good but its has been known to be hard on the stomach. NO-Shotgun by vpx is a good one also. Or white flood by controlled labs but i like the powder more then the pill myself and I would buy it offline and stay away from gnc it is alot more cost friendly online
  8. New Member
    mxmatt15's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  999 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    269
    Rep Power
    534
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    36.35%

    dont wana bash on any brand by muscle tech is garbage and a complete waste of money. try some jacked, ur pumps will be insane
  9. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,350
    Rep Power
    3627515
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    My Pre-Workout Arsenal
    Prime 6 caps
    Powerfull 3 caps
    Super cissus 1 cap
    Jack3d 2 scoops
    Xrend 3 scoops

    I get the best workouts ever with this combo
  10. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    263
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    98.79%

    im a big fan of RPM by applied nutriceuticals, awesome pumps, indurance and intensity on RPM
  11. Senior Member
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    13346
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    5.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by vince spider View Post
    im a big fan of RPM by applied nutriceuticals, awesome pumps, indurance and intensity on RPM
    Do your energy levels drop quickly to the point of wanting to sleep once the effect wears off?

    I also read somewhere that the dosage on the label may not suit everyone and you have to find your own level to make it effective. How have you found it?
  12. Elite Member
    RenegadeRows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    8,669
    Rep Power
    191397
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    72.62%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    White FLOOD tablets or powder
    Ragnarok
    Jacked
  13. Banned
    Ubiyca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    0.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Studies showed there's no need to load. 2.5-5g pre and postWO with carbs is about right.
    Honestly...

    Screw the studies..

    I load 20-30grams, and then I'll maybe do 20 after that too for normal cycle and I add a decent amount of weight and strength that I woludn't get the same from dosing 5grams ED like the "studies" say is the same thing.
  14. New Member
    Knewsance's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    32
    Rep Power
    88
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    34.63%

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    My Pre-Workout Arsenal
    Prime 6 caps
    Powerfull 3 caps
    Super cissus 1 cap
    Jack3d 2 scoops
    Xrend 3 scoops

    I get the best workouts ever with this combo
    Jesus man i would hope so haha
  15. New Member
    airram479's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    384
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    18
    Lv. Percent
    32.91%

    I have too agree with the majority here. I mean, how you spend your hard earned cash is up to you,but muscletech will leave you broke and dissapointed in the end. Since i just posted a thread about supps on a budget i am going to have to say buy in bulk. I just purchased a stack from 1 fast about 3 weeks ago and it consists of: CEE,AEE,BA,CM,Taurine,Caffeine . That stack gets me jacked big time. Crazy pumps,and endurance.
  16. Senior Member
    corsaking's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,778
    Rep Power
    13346
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    5.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    My Pre-Workout Arsenal
    Prime 6 caps
    Powerfull 3 caps
    Super cissus 1 cap
    Jack3d 2 scoops
    Xrend 3 scoops

    I get the best workouts ever with this combo
    just been reading the product claims about POWERFULL and this is what some of it says "About 20-40 minutes after taking PowerFULL you will begin to yawn. Now you won’t be real tired, just feeling a calm sense of relaxation and peace. This is the sign of your body releasing HGH. So yawning is good!"

    Do you feel the same =not good i would have thought before a gym session

    I see you take Jacked-maybe that overcomes the yawning effect -how are you affected?
  17. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Yea the lethargy is countered by the stims, but I usually reserve my Powerfull for Pre-Bed. SuperSap might be a better idea PreWO w/ Jack3d.
  18. Elite Member
    borobulker's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    932799
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    84.28%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Yea the lethargy is countered by the stims, but I usually reserve my Powerfull for Pre-Bed. SuperSap might be a better idea PreWO w/ Jack3d.
    I concur. ^^^^^
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  19. Diamond Member
    JudgementDay's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,350
    Rep Power
    3627515
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    95.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    just been reading the product claims about POWERFULL and this is what some of it says "About 20-40 minutes after taking PowerFULL you will begin to yawn. Now you won’t be real tired, just feeling a calm sense of relaxation and peace. This is the sign of your body releasing HGH. So yawning is good!"

    Do you feel the same =not good i would have thought before a gym session

    I see you take Jacked-maybe that overcomes the yawning effect -how are you affected?
    Weird, I never got any yawns. But I never did a workout with powerfull with out Jacked, but with that stack I get insane energy and strength very far from a yawn, I just feel like I get the perfect workout everytime with this stack and I've never got this feeling from any other supplements.
  20. New Member
    vince spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    37
    Posts
    329
    Rep Power
    263
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    98.79%

    Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Do your energy levels drop quickly to the point of wanting to sleep once the effect wears off?

    I also read somewhere that the dosage on the label may not suit everyone and you have to find your own level to make it effective. How have you found it?
    i take 3 caps of rpm around 4 30 in the afternoon and train at 5 10pm. i normally go to bed around 10 30pm at night. so no i dont have that energy level drop off thing you were talking about. ive tried taking 2 rpms before a workout but i just found 3 was the magic number 4 me:bruce3:
  21. Senior Member
    dedlifter1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,633
    Rep Power
    900
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    7.87%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Musclepharm Assault. Best pre wo imho
  22. Senior Member
    ABNRanger's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,292
    Rep Power
    15981
    Level
    27
    Lv. Percent
    40.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    I concur. ^^^^^
    What is the half life of PF? I ask because if you remember my lethargic issue, well I was taking 2 PF after breakfast. Even though the lethargic feeling did not happen till almost noon after taking AP (might be coincidental).
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best pre-Workout supplement
    By natedogg151 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 889
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
  2. pre-workout supplement
    By NKE69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 07:36 AM
  3. pre-workout supplement
    By radley86 in forum MMA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 07:16 PM
  4. Looking for a Pre-workout Supplement
    By bz384 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-30-2007, 03:17 PM
  5. Pre-Workout supplement?
    By joekrist in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in