How to tell if something works...

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

How to tell if something works...

1. Take half the dose or ten times the dose but never the recommended dose and never take it consistently.
    2. Be sure to take as many things concurrently as possible
    3. Measure gains or losses by the scale only. If you haven't gained or lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks then it isn't working.
    4. Make sure your diet is horrible.
    5. Make sure you work out like my grandma.
    6. Switch things up, constantly.
    7. Attribute everything to placebo -- or nothing. Either way, that works great.
    8. Believe marketing hype. Ignore common sense or science -- they can only do you harm.
    9. If it doesn't taste great, it probably doesn't work.
    10. If it sounds to good to be true then it must be the best **** ever!

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Hehe you frustrated?
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    Hehe you frustrated?
    Nah, just thought a little thought provoking humor might help out.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by sethroberts View Post
    Nah, just thought a little thought provoking humor might help out.
    I see. I'll be testing a new supplement soon. I'll be sure go over your suggestions again before I start.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    I see. I'll be testing a new supplement soon. I'll be sure go over your suggestions again before I start.
    Be sure you do. 20 pounds of solid muscle in two weeks guaranteed.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.3%
    Achievements Posting Pro

as long as youre on cell-tech that is... or is it nanox9 HARDCORE? haha the harcore part gets my **** rollin every time!!! lol
  7. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

Quote Originally Posted by panther77 View Post
    as long as youre on cell-tech that is... or is it nanox9 HARDCORE? haha the harcore part gets my **** rollin every time!!! lol
    Wanted to bump this up because I get so tired of seeing "my gear must be bunk because it's not working" or "that supplement sucks because I didn't gain 20 pounds off of it".

How do you judge if a supplement or peptide or designer or AAS "works".

Do you honestly expect an amino acid to work like an androgen? then it is no surprise that you think Glutamine is junk - or HMB for that matter.

Do you honestly expect herbs to pack on the mass like anadrol? then it is no surprise that you are disappointed.

Do you judge the effectiveness of a product by the side effects it induces? then it is no wonder some companies advertise their side effects.

Did you really expect to gain 20 pounds of rock hard muscle in a week? if you did then it is no wonder that you think your anadrol is bunk or your superdrol clone is crap or the supplement you bought sucks.
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Wanted to bump this up because I get so tired of seeing "my gear must be bunk because it's not working" or "that supplement sucks because I didn't gain 20 pounds off of it".

How do you judge if a supplement or peptide or designer or AAS "works".

Do you honestly expect an amino acid to work like an androgen? then it is no surprise that you think Glutamine is junk - or HMB for that matter.

Do you honestly expect herbs to pack on the mass like anadrol? then it is no surprise that you are disappointed.

Do you judge the effectiveness of a product by the side effects it induces? then it is no wonder some companies advertise their side effects.

Did you really expect to gain 20 pounds of rock hard muscle in a week? if you did then it is no wonder that you think your anadrol is bunk or your superdrol clone is crap or the supplement you bought sucks.
    excuse me sir, with all due respect, i took the latest muscle tech product and did not wind up looking like Jay Cutler.......that means that s**t was bunk no matter what you say.

if i can't spend $50 and look like a pro then i don't know what else to do. people like you will start to suggest that we have to workout and become dedicated.....screw that

good day to you sir.......I SAID GOOD DAY!
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.56%

Geez you make it sound like if you believe what a supplement manufacturer tells you a product does - then you are an idiot.

I have some good news. Very very soon there will be a truly unbiased source of supplement information. Many manufacturers and reps will NOT be happy - a few will . Starting late spring this year "the Truth" will begin publication.
    Myself, in conjunction with 2 of the foremost scientific minds in this industry, both of whom btw have worked on supps that ended up falling short and guess what? They ADMIT it? Crazy huh ? Will be publishing online and in print 100% unbiased reviews of supplements. Basic compounds avail across the board...and specific companies proprietary products. This publication will include chemical assays for true ingredient contents, investigate manufacturers claims , investigate marketing practices , include published studies...REAL published studies done on humans(where avail - if not we will explore that as well) , we will do our own small sampling trials as well (100% UNBIASED ones) . No one affiliated with this project has one thing to gain or lose by doing this. All we want is " The Truth". Also you will be given first had scientific reasoning by 2 of the foremost scientific minds in this industry as to why a supplement works...or why it doesn't. We will also be investigating company origins , personal backgrounds etc (you will be amazed WHO you buy products from). We will attempt to show you manufacturing locations (wait till u see where some of these are "made" ).
    At any rate we look forward to providing this helpful source of information . It is one small thing that will hopefully help to clean up a corruption ridden industry. This undertaking involves a lot of time and personal financial expenditure but it is my passion ...and i feel adamantly about this undertaking. Also i want to express thanks for the time and candor that the scientific brain trust is providing. Wait until you see someone in this industry, that has the character to admit a product he helped to synthesize and discover , does not work as advertised and is not worthwhile. THAT'S integrity. THAT'S what we need.
    Also of note any egregious findings will be reported to the FDA. Many dont realize it ..but one FDA investigation most likely will shut down a bogus supplement manufacturer. Its just a matter of reporting it and getting action taken. Difficult yes..impossible no ..likely with connections yes.
    This should go without saying but there will be NO advertising whatsoever in this publication. Thank you and I will keep you all posted.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

[QUOTE=lennoxchi;2708021]excuse me sir, with all due respect, i took the latest muscle tech product and did not wind up looking like Jay Cutler.......that means that s**t was bunk no matter what you say.

if i can't spend $50 and look like a pro then i don't know what else to do. people like you will start to suggest that we have to workout and become dedicated.....screw that

good day to you sir.......I SAID GOOD DAY![/QUOTE

Silly me
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

Quote Originally Posted by steveironman View Post
    Geez you make it sound like if you believe what a supplement manufacturer tells you a product does - then you are an idiot.
    Do you beieve that drinking a leading brand of beer will transport you to an island paradise where you will be irresistable to the ladies?

Do you believe that using a certain body spray will make women tackle you?

Are there a lot of crap supplements out there? yup

Are there some good supps out there that get a bad rap because they don't work like steroids? yup

Are there a lot of supps out there with retarded marketing? yup (most of them)
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.56%

Do you beieve that drinking a leading brand of beer will transport you to an island paradise where you will be irresistable to the ladies?

Do you believe that using a certain body spray will make women tackle you?

Are there a lot of crap supplements out there? yup

Are there some good supps out there that get a bad rap because they don't work like steroids? yup

Are there a lot of supps out there with retarded marketing? yup (most of them)
    Its was sarcasm my friend! *L* See my above post....
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.33%

I got ya -- not that I am justifying those marketing tactics. They are repulsive.
  14. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  209 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.52%

At one point I wanted a second job so I started working at GNC and OMFG people are annoying and stupid.

"I'm looking for a weight gainer...but that's a lot of scoops per servings man!!!! Do you have something in pills?!?"

Like for fukking real!!!! People asked for weight gainers, or any protein, in pills. 50g protein per pill. Like WTF! Or guys that wanted test boosters at 16 and they air boxed with there girl friends face while she just stood there.

"Hey man doesn't creatine like makes you gain 10lbs in like 2 weeks?!"
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.52%

looks like a good plan bro
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.62%

golden rule- if anyone on jerzy shors indorceses it, must really really really work. why the f cant I be jay cutler in 60 days by spending 35 min. at planet fitness? I took super-maXXie-Crea-nos with redtailed deer antler dust and 100mg of ephedra now Im 125lb meth-addict, stupid creatin! then I tried aas and just did them like everyday now I have D cup tittys. PCT? just 3 stupid letters that dont spell vodka
  17. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.15%

I have some good news. Very very soon there will be a truly unbiased source of supplement information. Many manufacturers and reps will NOT be happy - a few will . Starting late spring this year "the Truth" will begin publication.
    Myself, in conjunction with 2 of the foremost scientific minds in this industry, both of whom btw have worked on supps that ended up falling short and guess what? They ADMIT it? Crazy huh ? Will be publishing online and in print 100% unbiased reviews of supplements. Basic compounds avail across the board...and specific companies proprietary products. This publication will include chemical assays for true ingredient contents, investigate manufacturers claims , investigate marketing practices , include published studies...REAL published studies done on humans(where avail - if not we will explore that as well) , we will do our own small sampling trials as well (100% UNBIASED ones) . No one affiliated with this project has one thing to gain or lose by doing this. All we want is " The Truth". Also you will be given first had scientific reasoning by 2 of the foremost scientific minds in this industry as to why a supplement works...or why it doesn't. We will also be investigating company origins , personal backgrounds etc (you will be amazed WHO you buy products from). We will attempt to show you manufacturing locations (wait till u see where some of these are "made" ).
    At any rate we look forward to providing this helpful source of information . It is one small thing that will hopefully help to clean up a corruption ridden industry. This undertaking involves a lot of time and personal financial expenditure but it is my passion ...and i feel adamantly about this undertaking. Also i want to express thanks for the time and candor that the scientific brain trust is providing. Wait until you see someone in this industry, that has the character to admit a product he helped to synthesize and discover , does not work as advertised and is not worthwhile. THAT'S integrity. THAT'S what we need.
    Also of note any egregious findings will be reported to the FDA. Many dont realize it ..but one FDA investigation most likely will shut down a bogus supplement manufacturer. Its just a matter of reporting it and getting action taken. Difficult yes..impossible no ..likely with connections yes.
    This should go without saying but there will be NO advertising whatsoever in this publication. Thank you and I will keep you all posted.
    from what ive seen on the boards, if u say a specific company is flawed in any way they usually retaliate by threatening lawsuits. their fault they arnt selling what they say they are, but its just the way this messed up world is. good luck on the book, tho. looks very interesting
    CELTIC LABS REP
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.78%

i think we picked up on that......mine was 100% too.
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.34%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity God

Quote Originally Posted by Hundatar View Post
    golden rule- if anyone on jerzy shors indorceses it, must really really really work. why the f cant I be jay cutler in 60 days by spending 35 min. at planet fitness? I took super-maXXie-Crea-nos with redtailed deer antler dust and 100mg of ephedra now Im 125lb meth-addict, stupid creatin! then I tried aas and just did them like everyday now I have D cup tittys. PCT? just 3 stupid letters that dont spell vodka

Similar Forum Threads

1. not sure how this works
    By sklyiner98 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 11:08 PM
  2. Who works at GNC?
    By BackHand in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 12:58 AM