Best Fish Oil?

petey7408

petey7408

Banned
Awards
Hey there, right now I take Omega 3 from walmart (3 capsules a day). I was wondering what the best fish oil brand was (if it matters), what to look for in my fish oil, and what does it do exactly (besides heart health).

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
There are so many brands of fish oil its really hard to tell... Usually the more expensive products have better quality control and more stringent mercury protocols, but there always exceptions.

Really what you want with fish oil is when you open up the bottle, as counter intuitive as this sounds, is that it almost has no smell. The less smell of either fish oil or rancidness in the bottle means its a higher quality fish oil, as the fish hasn't oxidized. In short, more smell= more oxidation, which is not the best thing.

The main with supplement with fish oil is to get Omega-3 fatty acids into the diet, which are normally not in favorable ratios. Omega-3 fatty acids are converted in the body, among other things, into eicosanoids. Eicosanoids are hormonelike lipids in the body that are responsible for a number of things; blood clotting, inflammation, cholesterol... Because the typical Western Diet is low in Omega-3's, supplementing with these will help regulate health factors that are typically unfavorable because of the Western Diet.

Hope this helps... I'm in a rush right now so if anyone notices anything I missed or mis-stated please correct it... anyways I'm off to class.

briancogs888

Awards
PublicEnemy is on it. Find a company that processes their products quickly, and gets them to you even faster.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a big fan of Animal Omega, and have used a variety of other Omega products in the past, and find Animal Omega makes me feel better while on them

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am a big fan of Animal Omega, and have used a variety of other Omega products in the past, and find Animal Omega makes me feel better while on them
I have heard some great reports about Animal Omega , I have some en-route to me as we speak :) Read the write-up on that product page for a nice primer on Fish Oils as well! (If you can... our site is loading VERY slowly right now, I hope nothing is wrong)

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steve, it is a hell of a product. I got another en route as well. It is one of the few staples I have on hand at all times