Cholesterol in Weight Gainers - AnabolicMinds.com

Cholesterol in Weight Gainers

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

Cholesterol in Weight Gainers

Was looking at adding a weight gainer like muscle juice or something, but the only thing that concerns me is the cholesterol, most have 50% of DV. Is this something to be concerned are they High density? or is there a supplement that does the same without the cholesterol? thanks in advanced

2. New Member

not sure but isn't Muscle Juice loaded with sugar?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Was looking at adding a weight gainer like muscle juice or something, but the only thing that concerns me is the cholesterol, most have 50% of DV. Is this something to be concerned are they High density? or is there a supplement that does the same without the cholesterol? thanks in advanced
    Personally I think weight gainers are utter crap... but that's just my opinion. The cholesterol is pretty high for that if its 50% and if its from saturated fat the chances of that being converted into HDL is going to pretty low...

Most saturated fats, especially when consumed with carbs, will be turned into LDL cholesterol. Really, if you're young its nothing to be too concerned about as long as its not a long term diet choice. If you have a genetic history of unfavorable cholesterol distribution I'd probably stay away from it as you'll have less than desirable ranges anyways.
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I 2nd the weight gainer=crap idea. I've always been an advocate of making your own shake; milk, bananas, oats and whey powder. Do your body a favour and stop filling it with empty cals
    That being said, some people can't be bothered, and your body can handle carbs efficiently PWO. I just don't see the need.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cholesterol is a slightly overrated concern for most people (similar to sodium). With a balanced diet and training, the cholesterol will help for hormone production. This is one of the main reasons that whole eggs are my favorite food for gaining LBM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I 2nd the weight gainer=crap idea. I've always been an advocate of making your own shake; milk, bananas, oats and whey powder. Do your body a favour and stop filling it with empty cals
    That being said, some people can't be bothered, and your body can handle carbs efficiently PWO. I just don't see the need.
    good... throw out the oats and put a whole cup of PB and 1/8 cup coconut oil
    alittle WMS, and 3 eggs , no empty cals in there drink after workout, ull put on sum mass!!!!

the PB and coconut oil has helpd me gains soo much. fats after u work out in any skake good fats(natural ones) just ask hank
    just make ur own shakes thell be better cuz u made them from whole foods

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Cholesterol is a slightly overrated concern for most people (similar to sodium). With a balanced diet and training, the cholesterol will help for hormone production. This is one of the main reasons that whole eggs are my favorite food for gaining LBM.
    stole this out mi mouth lol, yes i can really feel the differance when i train extra heavy and eat lots of whole eggs!
  7. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

For some reason I had this mixed up with the PWO thread. You can add fats to a gainer shake; 1/8c. of coconut oil is 2 tbsp. For PWO shakes though, you can make one immediately PWO with no fats, then do a 2nd shake an hour later, with some healthy fats like CO. It seems like some guys put fats in their PWO shake with no problem
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  200 lbs.

wow..alot of great info..thanks all
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best Weight Gainers
    By ChrisG10 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 08:56 PM
  2. Sick from Weight Gainers
    By Ju1cedUp in forum Supplements