Anyone still eat Trioplex bars

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know a good 4 or 5 yrs ago they failed lable claims after being the biggest hit on the market, i loved them!

anyway, i havent used them since and forgot about them until Collette Nelson was talking about how she eats like 5 at a time as a cheat meal on Heavy Muscle Radio.

Anyone still use them, do they still taste good, particularly in smores?

thx for help, will rep all who take the time to help me, i need some bars for between courses during the day. (im also planning on picking up vpx zi coconut bars)

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
personal opinion here. "4 or 5 years ago they failed label claims". thats enough for me not to trust them and no i dont eat them. if i eat a bar its muscle milk bars, yummy

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I agree they were good, I used to buy them at 7-11 stores, I think they still carry them.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Clif Builders.
Clif Mojo.
Clif Rolls.
Those are the 3 that I use on a regular basis. Each has a different profile, so it makes it easier to eat one that fits the equation at the time.
I always wash it down with ATW Protein (with water if I'm in-between classes).
Gets the job done for me.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i still eat them. i have five flavors stocked up =P my favorite bar. chocolate protein bars get tiresome after a while. you get burnt out eating chocolate everyyyyyday. so the oat flavor is relief

Ev52

Ev52

Awards
  • Established
I'm a Detour Low Sugar Caramel Peanut guy. I eat them like crazy!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
I used to eat the Trioplex bars when I was in a fix and needed something quick. That was a few years ago. I haven't bought any bars lately but from all the bars I did try, I liked the Oatmeal/Raisin and Choc/Peanut Butter TriOplex bars the best. I do like the makeup of the VPX Zero Impact bar.

R

rk2011

Awards
just picked up some trioplex cookies...not bars....from sams..not bad

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i chanced it and got some smores trioplex as well as some vpx zi roasted coconut bars

i havent eaten bars in 3 yrs, but i have the busiest schedule ive had in some time and have taken to eating dirty and making great gains while doing it.

trying to get to 225 by the end of the semester and am well on track, luckily ive got the find of metabolism where i have to go out of my way to eat healthy and unhealthy foods to even think of getting any bigger.

R

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Taste is so-so IMO. Not bad, but there are better out there. In terms of taste, I think Muscle Milk bars taste better than candy bars. Not the best in terms of fat and sugar though.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Taste is so-so IMO. Not bad, but there are better out there. In terms of taste, I think Muscle Milk bars taste better than candy bars. Not the best in terms of fat and sugar though.
yea both the old and new muscle milk bars use hydrolyzed collgen or gelatin as a source of protein which has a biological value of 0 which is another reason not to buy.

i like the oat-y bars though, not the candy bar ones anyway.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so i got smores trioplex and coconut ZI bars a week or maybe more ago.

Both took a little getting used to but i now crave both, so they are good in my book.

Just thought I'd give my feedback.

The trioplex arent as good as they once were, but are still very similar and tasty.

The ZI I thought would be more like chocolate coconut, instead its just plain coconut and the bar doesnt look appealing, but is actually pretty tasty.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do yourself a favor and stop by the Trioplex booth. Take a gander at Chef Jay.

Think they still meet label claims?

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do yourself a favor and stop by the Trioplex booth. Take a gander at Chef Jay.

Think they still meet label claims?
lol, yea they have a pic of his fat arse on the box

good point though, next time i prolly shouldnt buy the trioplex. dsade, do you ever eat any bars and if so which ones?

i wish i had the dedication to pack chicken breasts and whatnot in tupperware, but to be frank i dont. (also chicken i make is always so bland and dry, i can make steak or beef taste just fine, but not chicken)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like the detour oatmeal bars.

SwolenONE

SwolenONE

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the detour oatmeal bars.

i had those yrs back, pretty good tasting, but i dont think id be a repeat customer. i think in the future ill stick with ZI, balance gold and the regular cliff bars.

anyway, reps for the quick response. O, and i finished my 3 jumbo bars of java id been using and am now on the renegade, I cant say its got me knees deep in tang, but it smells even better than java and lasts longer too!