Someone please help with protein alternative

clark2311

Awards
Hey guys, this is my 1st post and I hope to get some responses. I apologize for the lengthy post.

I have learned (the hard way) that I have some sort of dairy allergy. When I started to use milk (skim) instead of water in my protein shakes (day and pre-bed (casein)), I saw drastic results. My strength kind of remained the same, but I definitely added some noticeable mass. This was noticeable between 4-12 weeks. It took me a while to figure it out, but after doing this consistently, I was getting horrible acne including cystic acne.

Anyway, after a few more trials this was confirmed and I definitely lost the size I gained from this. I also notice that even when I took night time casein consistently (Muscle Milk, Dymatize’s Mega Shake) with water, the acne was persistent.

Basically, I’m very upset because of the loss in size from not using milk or ANY night-time protein. I'm open for suggestions and hope someone could help. By the way, I just use Torrent PWO and have been cutting back on the whey throughout the day. I just ordered ISOPURE and will give it a shot for whey throughout the day, but I don’t know what to take for night-time.

I know egg protein doesn’t digest as slow as casein and soy protein just isn’t that anabolic.

ANY suggestions/help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Soy isn't that bad, it's actually in the middle between fast and slow digesting. Poor bioavailability. Another option is pea protein, and Uniliver tabs is another option

clark2311

Awards
Renegade Rows... WOW. I always thought Uniliver was liver protectant like milk thistle, so I never bothered to look it up... until you mentioned it. I checked out the product and some reviews, and I'm very surprised and impressed and it's dirt cheap! Great recommendation, I appreciate it.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Pea Protein Isolate is a great alternative to whey. Could always mix it with something fatty and slow down digestion a bit.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
True protein carries it as well. Super cheap, and you get to pick from like 8000 different flavors!

Yes they do but it mixed terribly in my experience. Even in the blender. For what did mix it tasted great with apples and pears. I have the 5lb jar still in my kitchen. I've had it for over a year.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Yes they do but it mixed terribly in my experience. Even in the blender. For what did mix it tasted great with apples and pears.
Weird. Mine wound up mixing pretty good.

I liked it a lot in some unsweetened apple sauce. Mmmm.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Weird. Mine wound up mixing pretty good.

I liked it a lot in some unsweetened apple sauce. Mmmm.

What did you get the protein mixed with? I had mine mixed with aminogen and stevia.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
What did you get the protein mixed with? I had mine mixed with aminogen and stevia.
I went with the premium chocolate chip cookie dough flavor, it's pre-sweetened with sucralose I believe.

that was all.