my regime, how does it seem

Jfcripped21

Awards
for bulking i will use nlarge2,creatine,zma,and a multi and when i cut i am going to use glutamine,whey,multi,and zma, how does it sound, or does anyone know a good bulking/cutting stack?also, i am on a budget cuz i dont work,lol

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
im not a fan of any weightgainer...even the ever so popular nlarge. always have thought (even for the greatest ecto), taking regular protein powder and combing em' with rolled oats/dry oatmeal and essential fats (flax maybe or just pb) is the weightgainer you really should go for. also dont really need zma if your on a budget. better to spend that money on whole foods. (unless of course your coming off a cycle and need a test enhancer) Drop the glutamine....there is a great thread floating around here regarding board members views and experience with it whether on a cut or everyday use. Best supplement you can incorporate is to eat more. Pretty simple. I know you heard this before but its the truth. Vitamin C is see is missing. Livertabs been popluar when trying to gain mass/weight. but if you go that route, you probably can drop the multi. Supplementation is just one part of gaining and cutting. Change up your calorie intake and your workout outlook....get those three down, and you be good

Jfcripped21

Awards
iight, thanks, im not an ecto though, also, what other supplements would you recommend, and is eating every 3 hours ok, cuz im in school and its hard, i will probaly be eating at 630am;930;1230;330;630;and finally 930

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
iight, thanks, im not an ecto though, also, what other supplements would you recommend, and is eating every 3 hours ok, cuz im in school and its hard, i will probaly be eating at 630am;930;1230;330;630;and finally 930
you can use a long list of other supplements but there really isnt a need. creatine, protein powder, vitamins, flax/hemp, and livertabs is all you really should focus on , along with whole food intake. i mean, you can look into vanadyl sulfate, magnesium (zma is a good combo), chromium picolinate...and shoot, if you want to go into ph/as ...there are numerous choices you can add. Not sure if you are asking for what ph to use. but then again, if you're looking for more natural supplementation, why use anything else other than the basics? as far as your eating times....thats text book.

Jfcripped21

Awards
when i use the liver tabs, are the vitamins necessary, and if so which vitamins, along with the protein powder. thanks for replying, and helping

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
when i use the liver tabs, are the vitamins necessary, and if so which vitamins, along with the protein powder. thanks for replying, and helping
Only extra C should be considered. Liver tabs contain enough fat soluble vitamins to hold you. Between them and your diet, you're getting more than enough. I wouldnt even opt for the C if you're jsut starting out. Never pay for a weight gainer, go to the nutrition section and myself and Supa Freak 420 have each posted killer bulking meal replacement shakes that you can make on your own for around $.40 cents a day. Calm down on the supps too if you're just starting out. Heavy weights and your diet will be the deciding factor in your overall mass gains. Supplements are just that, supplements to supplement your diet if its lacking certain items needed to obtain the mass you want. Whey protein powder, liver tabs, flax/hemp oil and creatine is the absolute most you need right now. If the $$ is tight, settle for protein powder until you can afford the others.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by sage
im not a fan of any weightgainer...even the ever so popular nlarge. always have thought (even for the greatest ecto), taking regular protein powder and combing em' with rolled oats/dry oatmeal and essential fats (flax maybe or just pb) is the weightgainer you really should go for. also dont really need zma if your on a budget. better to spend that money on whole foods. (unless of course your coming off a cycle and need a test enhancer) Drop the glutamine....there is a great thread floating around here regarding board members views and experience with it whether on a cut or everyday use. Best supplement you can incorporate is to eat more. Pretty simple. I know you heard this before but its the truth. Vitamin C is see is missing. Livertabs been popluar when trying to gain mass/weight. but if you go that route, you probably can drop the multi. Supplementation is just one part of gaining and cutting. Change up your calorie intake and your workout outlook....get those three down, and you be good
VERY solid advice. :)

I would just use: liver tabs, whey, Vit C, and really everything else you can cover with food. Chesk out the "Food of the gods" thread labrad started also.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Only extra C should be considered. Liver tabs contain enough fat soluble vitamins to hold you. Between them and your diet, you're getting more than enough. I wouldnt even opt for the C if you're jsut starting out. Never pay for a weight gainer, go to the nutrition section and myself and Supa Freak 420 have each posted killer bulking meal replacement shakes that you can make on your own for around $.40 cents a day. Calm down on the supps too if you're just starting out. Heavy weights and your diet will be the deciding factor in your overall mass gains. Supplements are just that, supplements to supplement your diet if its lacking certain items needed to obtain the mass you want. Whey protein powder, liver tabs, flax/hemp oil and creatine is the absolute most you need right now. If the $$ is tight, settle for protein powder until you can afford the others.
Y/J I searched the posts in the nutrition area.

Is the posts about weight gain shakes for around $.40 a day a sticky or just a regular post?

I know I could use it. My food bill per week is getting bigger and bigger.
If you have it I am sure a link would be appreciated thanks.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
15 oz milk
2 scoops natural peanut butter
2 scoops protein powder
1 tblspoon flax oil
1/3 cup crushed oatmeal

-Mix it all up with a hand blender it it actually tastes very good.....and will pack on the mass for sure. As for your diet, I will put in bold some changes I would make:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
15 oz milk
2 scoops protein powder
1 tblspoon flax oil
1/3 cup crushed oatmeal

-Mix it all up with a hand blender it it actually tastes very good.....and will pack on the mass for sure. As for your diet, I will put in bold some changes I would make:
Ok thanks.

That is basically what I but I lower the amount of the milk because of all the simple sugars. I also up the oatmeal and oil a bit.
I got the recipe from SixPack.

Unfortunately it is costs ALOT more than $.40 :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

Then maybe you should opt for the cheaper, generic oatmeal, PB, etc.
Oh cool so it DOES only cost you $.40 VERY COOL BRO>

I will go do the math and report back what I can find. I had never done the math before.

What kind of protein do you use?

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

Oh cool so it DOES only cost you $.40 VERY COOL BRO>

I will go do the math and report back what I can find. I had never done the math before.

What kind of protein do you use?
Pro Rated 100% whey. $38 for 10lbs.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
HA HA ok I am a little slow.

I didn't realize you were joking with me. DUH.

The milk alone is $.30 So it is definitely MORE than $.40

Y/J bro you had me going there oh well. :(

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
HA HA ok I am a little slow.

I didn't realize you were joking with me. DUH.

The milk alone is $.30 So it is definitely MORE than $.40

Y/J bro you had me going there oh well. :(
Dude, I go and buy everything I need for this shake (but the milk) in bulk and it costs me about $60 maybe a little less, but we'll go with $60. And It doesnt run out for seemingly ever. So if you average the total prices with the number of days until its gone, its about $.40-.45 a day.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

Dude, I go and buy everything I need for this shake (but the milk) in bulk and it costs me about $60 maybe a little less, but we'll go with $60. And It doesnt run out for seemingly ever. So if you average the total prices with the number of days until its gone, its about $.40-.45 a day.
Then you aren't doing a complete shake like this per day.

15 oz milk
2 scoops protein powder
1 tblspoon flax oil
1/3 cup crushed oatmeal

The protein alone, 2 scoops is $.40 and the milk is $.30 so OBVIOUSLY it is MORE than $.40 No biggy bro I was just trying to find a cheaper way to get my shakes

You must only be getting like a half a shake or less a day.

I would recommend upping the amount of the shake you drink, but that is just my opinon.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

The protein and milk are $.70

You must only be getting like a half a shake or less a day.

I would recommend upping the amount of the shake you drink, but that is just my opinon.
Im not sure if you're being a smartass or if you're not understanding economics. The cost of living in WV differs greatly from that of Florida. Food here is very inexpensive. We have the highest poverty rate and highest unemployment rate in the country, things are very cheap here, especially food. I assume you, Im getting a full shake. Maybe not 1 everyday, but very often.

DarCSA

Awards
Good recipe to follow. Also look for the thread on wardog's treats. They are good as well. It is a in between meal protein snack it could help you as well.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
:p :rolleyes: :p indeed, why does it matter if this homemade mrp is 40cent (which YJ im sure just ball parked cuz its cheap and cost efficient) or a bit more. I doubt you are trying to argue about this crowler....its a good mix of fat, protein, and complex carb. So why try to prove its exact pricing. Just knowing its a much much cheaper meal replacement shake than any inferior brands chock full of maltadextrine and no efa's, is good enough for me. Bump on this mrp. (thats the first time EVER i used that word bump here or anywhere else) :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
:p :rolleyes: :p indeed, why does it matter if this homemade mrp is 40cent (which YJ im sure just ball parked cuz its cheap and cost efficient) or a bit more. I doubt you are trying to argue about this crowler....its a good mix of fat, protein, and complex carb. So why try to prove its exact pricing. Just knowing its a much much cheaper meal replacement shake than any inferior brands chock full of maltadextrine and no efa's, is good enough for me. Bump on this mrp. (thats the first time EVER i used that word bump here or anywhere else) :)
Yep you are right, I did not intend to argue..

I simply saw the post saying it was $.40 for a weight gain shake I was on AIM and told a couple bros.

They said BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!!!

You are full of ****.

And I said no, hold on I will find the recipe and give it to you guys.
So THIS is why I was so intent on finding out how to do it for $.40.

So GULP here I go to tell the bros I fucked up :)

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

Im not sure if you're being a smartass or if you're not understanding economics. The cost of living in WV differs greatly from that of Florida. Food here is very inexpensive. We have the highest poverty rate and highest unemployment rate in the country, things are very cheap here, especially food. I assume you, Im getting a full shake. Maybe not 1 everyday, but very often.
:) LOL no I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. :)

See my above post why I was so intent on finding out the price.

:) I do understand economics. When 1 ingreedient, the protein, costs $.40 it is IMPOSSIBLE to have the total recipe cost $.40. NO matter how cheap you get the peanut butter, oats etc :) :)

You do understand that right?

I understand now it costs more than $.40 so no biggy bro.

Didn't mean to come off sounding bad so I apologize if you took it bad. :)

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards

I understand now it costs more than $.40 so no biggy bro.

Didn't mean to come off sounding bad so I apologize if you took it bad. :)
Ok, I apologize, maybe $.60 or $.75 a day, doesnt really matter, its under $1. I hope everyone can afford that.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by YellowJacket
15 oz milk
2 scoops protein powder
1 tblspoon flax oil
1/3 cup crushed oatmeal

I love that recipe, I usually do the same thing. I loike the taste that flax gives it, a nutty flavor kinda :)

BTW I don't give a crap how much it costs ;) :D

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
I loike (sic :D ) the taste that flax gives it, a nutty flavor kinda
Flax makes everything taste fucking good bro. Add the oil or the ground seeds to all kinds of ****. Impress your friends, astound your neighbors, chug them EFA's !

In response to the original post do not use Nlarge, tastes nice and fills you up (briefly) but with a billion lbs of mofo-dextrin it damned well better. Buy a larger tub of cheaper better protein, and use the extra cash to get some liver tabs... they work.