ENERGY during workouts?

B

briancogs888

Awards
What does everyone use for energy during workouts? What seems to give you the boost to move heavier weight for a longer duration into the workout?

R

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Carbohydrates

BabyHulk

BabyHulk

Awards
  • Established
I always use music as my motivator. If I need something more than that, I will use a supp., but I am laying off the energy pills right now. Gotta let the receptors recover...

L

LiLShAnK357

Awards
What does everyone use for energy during workouts? What seems to give you the boost to move heavier weight for a longer duration into the workout?
I use 2 Scoops of MRI Black Powder and take that right before i hit the weights then as im lifting i have a Rock Star Punched for an added jolt. I'm not gonna lie i am jacked beyond belief but the weights speak for themself. Total its around 500+ of Caff

P

purebred

I would suppose if you were eating sufficient amounts of calories a day and getting quality sleep you shouldn't be having any problems. I could see how someone might want to mix things up and take a pre-WO supp. If what you have is a motivation problem than there's no supp. that's going to be able to help you with that...

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jacked is the best supplement for energy by far plus no jitters. Try it I guarantee you will agree.:D

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I think that BA is great for added natural energy during a workout that does not involve a stimulant. I use Carnage from MST and it's killer!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would suppose if you were eating sufficient amounts of calories a day and getting quality sleep you shouldn't be having any problems. I could see how someone might want to mix things up and take a pre-WO supp. If what you have is a motivation problem than there's no supp. that's going to be able to help you with that...
Not 'suppose'; for sure.

I don't really use anything to 'give me a boost' (or for 'energy', since I would train regardless of how I FEEL). But I do use RPM. RPM gives SMOOTH energy and the time (however long) just disappears and when you've finished a session, you're like "what? No way was it that long". Great product..

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Just to play Devil's Advocate :shock:...

let's assume the person is on a calorie deficit because they are attempted to lean out while retaining muscle. Naturally they couldn't depend on their dietary supplementation for all of their energy needs because they are trying to exert more energy than they are taking in :biglaugh:

haha...i'm just trying to further the great debate

R

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Just to play Devil's Advocate :shock:...

let's assume the person is on a calorie deficit because they are attempted to lean out while retaining muscle. Naturally they couldn't depend on their dietary supplementation for all of their energy needs because they are trying to exert more energy than they are taking in :biglaugh:

haha...i'm just trying to further the great debate
Even on a cut, carbohydrates should be kept up considering it's the primary substrate utilized by the body to resynthesize ATP.

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
Gatorade G2, 2 scoops of Xtend and a scoop of your favorite carb powder will carry you through. Solid sustained energy.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Even on a cut, carbohydrates should be kept up considering it's the primary substrate utilized by the body to resynthesize ATP.
On the contrary, i've physically known at least a dozen bodybuilder's who will bring their carb levels below 30g a day within a week or two of their contests for at least 6 days of the week. Are you implying that 30g of carbs can fuel a real workout?

R

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
On the contrary, i've physically known at least a dozen bodybuilder's who will bring their carb levels below 30g a day within a week or two of their contests for at least 6 days of the week. Are you implying that 30g of carbs can fuel a real workout?
You obviously did not understand what I said; let me clarify it for you. I said carbohydrates should be kept up (30g is not high, therefore how could I imply 30g would fuel a workout?) that would barely fuel you for a few hours of sedentary work. When carbohydrates are low the production of TCA cycle intermediates are slowed and also the activation of isocitrate dehydrogenase (the rate-limiting enzyme in the TCA cycle) is reduced. Complete oxidation of fatty acids can only be done via the TCA cycle, then to the electron transport chain for aerobic oxidation (I left out the steps from lipolysis to beta-oxidation, but I'm sure you get the picture).

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
You obviously did not understand what I said; let me clarify it for you. I said carbohydrates should be kept up (30g is not high, therefore how could I imply 30g would fuel a workout?) that would barely fuel you for a few hours of sedentary work. When carbohydrates are low the production of TCA cycle intermediates are slowed and also the activation of isocitrate dehydrogenase (the rate-limiting enzyme in the TCA cycle) is reduced. Complete oxidation of fatty acids can only be done via the TCA cycle, then to the electron transport chain for aerobic oxidation (I left out the steps from lipolysis to beta-oxidation, but I'm sure you get the picture).
No I understood what you said. What I was explaining to you was that many people I know that are on stage competitors in bodybuilding refer to the method that I posted above. Whether you should keep your carbs relatively high in a cut or not is not what I was asking you. What I was stating was that for the many people who do in fact lower their carb count dramatically during a cut....their carb content could not possibly be enough to fuel a solid workout and give them the energy and physical capacity to go to an 8 hour a day job before or after that time frame.

Since the original question asked what people used for energy, I was giving an instance where carbs could clearly not do the job by themselves...and was asking where would you turn then?

I am not aiming to start an arguement here...I just think you mis-understood what I was saying when I posted my last reply.

R

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
No I understood what you said. What I was explaining to you was that many people I know that are on stage competitors in bodybuilding refer to the method that I posted above. Whether you should keep your carbs relatively high in a cut or not is not what I was asking you. What I was stating was that for the many people who do in fact lower their carb count dramatically during a cut....their carb content could not possibly be enough to fuel a solid workout and give them the energy and physical capacity to go to an 8 hour a day job before or after that time frame.

I am not aiming to start an arguement here...I just think you mis-understood what I was saying when I posted my last reply.
For the most efficient fatty acid oxidation carbohydrates must be sufficient. As you mentioned that competitive bodybuilders will significantly reduce their carbohydrate intake before a contest which I do not doubt. One carbohydrate molecule binds three water molecules I believe, which would cause a 'bloat'. Which is why most of the weight lost initially and slowly throughout a low carbohydrate cut is water weight and not actual fat. When carbohydrates are significantly low, the body will convert other substrates to glucose via gluconeogenesis to provide a means to resynthesize ATP which is much slower than the phosphagen system and glycolysis when carbohydrates are high.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Russ, I fully understand that and I appreciate you explaining it for anyone that does not understand it. Like i said in the beginning, I was playing devil's advocate to a situation which clearly...there isn't much of an answer for without choosing an alternative energy source. Thus, the title Devil's Advocate role I used.

R

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
It's no problem. It gives me something to do when I'm bored. :)

R

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Ya man. I love carbs!:bb:

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
1 or 2 geranium caps + caffeine. Gets my lazy ass off the couch every time.

J

JaredGalloway

Awards
  • Established
geranium, tyrosine, chocamine, caffeine, PEA, hordenine these are all good choices when ur body needs a little lift now and then...i know that i use this combination all the time especially the tyrosine, PEA, caffeine because im always on CKD...which sucks...

O

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Jacked is the best supplement for energy by far plus no jitters. Try it I guarantee you will agree.:D
By far? Many people would disagree my friend. I have a tub, and yeah its a solid pre workout, but alot of others out there.....And if you stim sensitive Jacked DOES give you jitters cause you need 3 scoops.
Jacked, JP8, RPM the list goes on. try a few diff ones man. :D

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
By far? Many people would disagree my friend. I have a tub, and yeah its a solid pre workout, but alot of others out there.....And if you stim sensitive Jacked DOES give you jitters cause you need 3 scoops.
Jacked, JP8, RPM the list goes on. try a few diff ones man. :D
I only use 2 scoops and I get no jitters, but I'm diff not caffeine sensitive:p but I found it worked better then JP8, but I've seen a lot of people think JP8 is the best, never tried RPM but I've tried no-explode, super pump 250, black powder, horse power, muscle rush, adrenaline, JP8 etc. So I take that statement back Jacked works the best for me, but it is one of the best pre-workout supplements out there. :D

O

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I only use 2 scoops and I get no jitters, but I'm diff not caffeine sensitive:p but I found it worked better then JP8, but I've seen a lot of people think JP8 is the best, never tried RPM but I've tried no-explode, super pump 250, black powder, horse power, muscle rush, adrenaline, JP8 etc. So I take that statement back Jacked works the best for me, but it is one of the best pre-workout supplements out there. :D
Fair call mate :D where you as disappointed with Black powder as i was? what a crock of S**T that stuff was, they talked it up like it would make you superman and it did ZERO! Your lucky you can get away with 2 scoops bro. I wish. I only got 15 servings out of my tub. Just out of curiousity, did you use just the one scoop of JP8? Its the next one Im looking at getting.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:(
Fair call mate :D where you as disappointed with Black powder as i was? what a crock of S**T that stuff was, they talked it up like it would make you superman and it did ZERO! Your lucky you can get away with 2 scoops bro. I wish. I only got 15 servings out of my tub. Just out of curiousity, did you use just the one scoop of JP8? Its the next one Im looking at getting.
I used 2 scoops of JP8 as well It was ok better then a lot out there, but I kept burping up the grape through my whole workout, it was nasty lol. I love the taste of Jacked, and yes I had such high hopes for black powder, it was very discouraging :( Jacked has me for life now :biglaugh:

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I have tasted some pretty awful pre w/o's in my time! One of the best tasting and most effective (not even being biased here) is Ragnarok. There are many reviews on the boards here on it, as well as the ability to receive samples at our webpage.

I have always loved a pre workout product that offers stim and non stim versions!

spike01

spike01

Awards
i have to say 'jacked ' is great for me ! nice energy ! smoooth ! awesome focus ! no jitters ! :bruce3:

O

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I actually always liked "shock therapy" tooo. Old school I know, but always had me cranking and Im one stim proof Mofo :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Anabolics 49
M Supplements 41
T Training Forum 13
TESTP89 Anabolics 43
K3flex Supplements 20