ENERGY during workouts?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.68%

ENERGY during workouts?

What does everyone use for energy during workouts? What seems to give you the boost to move heavier weight for a longer duration into the workout?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.67%

I like redline by VPX
  3. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.39%

Carbohydrates
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.69%

I always use music as my motivator. If I need something more than that, I will use a supp., but I am laying off the energy pills right now. Gotta let the receptors recover...
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.06%

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by briancogs888 View Post
    What does everyone use for energy during workouts? What seems to give you the boost to move heavier weight for a longer duration into the workout?
    I use 2 Scoops of MRI Black Powder and take that right before i hit the weights then as im lifting i have a Rock Star Punched for an added jolt. I'm not gonna lie i am jacked beyond belief but the weights speak for themself. Total its around 500+ of Caff
  6. purebred

I would suppose if you were eating sufficient amounts of calories a day and getting quality sleep you shouldn't be having any problems. I could see how someone might want to mix things up and take a pre-WO supp. If what you have is a motivation problem than there's no supp. that's going to be able to help you with that...
  7. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Jacked is the best supplement for energy by far plus no jitters. Try it I guarantee you will agree.
  8. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I think that BA is great for added natural energy during a workout that does not involve a stimulant. I use Carnage from MST and it's killer!
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative/Sponsored Athlete
    www.millenniumsport.net
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    I would suppose if you were eating sufficient amounts of calories a day and getting quality sleep you shouldn't be having any problems. I could see how someone might want to mix things up and take a pre-WO supp. If what you have is a motivation problem than there's no supp. that's going to be able to help you with that...
    Not 'suppose'; for sure.

I don't really use anything to 'give me a boost' (or for 'energy', since I would train regardless of how I FEEL). But I do use RPM. RPM gives SMOOTH energy and the time (however long) just disappears and when you've finished a session, you're like "what? No way was it that long". Great product..
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  10. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by Guejsn View Post
    Not 'suppose'; for sure.
    lol just trying to be modest. but yes, my thoughts exactly.
  11. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

Just to play Devil's Advocate ...

let's assume the person is on a calorie deficit because they are attempted to lean out while retaining muscle. Naturally they couldn't depend on their dietary supplementation for all of their energy needs because they are trying to exert more energy than they are taking in

haha...i'm just trying to further the great debate
    www.millenniumsport.net
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.39%

Quote Originally Posted by CTDeuce View Post
    Just to play Devil's Advocate ...

let's assume the person is on a calorie deficit because they are attempted to lean out while retaining muscle. Naturally they couldn't depend on their dietary supplementation for all of their energy needs because they are trying to exert more energy than they are taking in

haha...i'm just trying to further the great debate
    Even on a cut, carbohydrates should be kept up considering it's the primary substrate utilized by the body to resynthesize ATP.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.76%

Gatorade G2, 2 scoops of Xtend and a scoop of your favorite carb powder will carry you through. Solid sustained energy.
  14. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    Even on a cut, carbohydrates should be kept up considering it's the primary substrate utilized by the body to resynthesize ATP.
    On the contrary, i've physically known at least a dozen bodybuilder's who will bring their carb levels below 30g a day within a week or two of their contests for at least 6 days of the week. Are you implying that 30g of carbs can fuel a real workout?
    www.millenniumsport.net
  15. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.39%

On the contrary, i've physically known at least a dozen bodybuilder's who will bring their carb levels below 30g a day within a week or two of their contests for at least 6 days of the week. Are you implying that 30g of carbs can fuel a real workout?
    You obviously did not understand what I said; let me clarify it for you. I said carbohydrates should be kept up (30g is not high, therefore how could I imply 30g would fuel a workout?) that would barely fuel you for a few hours of sedentary work. When carbohydrates are low the production of TCA cycle intermediates are slowed and also the activation of isocitrate dehydrogenase (the rate-limiting enzyme in the TCA cycle) is reduced. Complete oxidation of fatty acids can only be done via the TCA cycle, then to the electron transport chain for aerobic oxidation (I left out the steps from lipolysis to beta-oxidation, but I'm sure you get the picture).
  16. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

You obviously did not understand what I said; let me clarify it for you. I said carbohydrates should be kept up (30g is not high, therefore how could I imply 30g would fuel a workout?) that would barely fuel you for a few hours of sedentary work. When carbohydrates are low the production of TCA cycle intermediates are slowed and also the activation of isocitrate dehydrogenase (the rate-limiting enzyme in the TCA cycle) is reduced. Complete oxidation of fatty acids can only be done via the TCA cycle, then to the electron transport chain for aerobic oxidation (I left out the steps from lipolysis to beta-oxidation, but I'm sure you get the picture).
    No I understood what you said. What I was explaining to you was that many people I know that are on stage competitors in bodybuilding refer to the method that I posted above. Whether you should keep your carbs relatively high in a cut or not is not what I was asking you. What I was stating was that for the many people who do in fact lower their carb count dramatically during a cut....their carb content could not possibly be enough to fuel a solid workout and give them the energy and physical capacity to go to an 8 hour a day job before or after that time frame.

Since the original question asked what people used for energy, I was giving an instance where carbs could clearly not do the job by themselves...and was asking where would you turn then?

I am not aiming to start an arguement here...I just think you mis-understood what I was saying when I posted my last reply.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  17. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.39%

No I understood what you said. What I was explaining to you was that many people I know that are on stage competitors in bodybuilding refer to the method that I posted above. Whether you should keep your carbs relatively high in a cut or not is not what I was asking you. What I was stating was that for the many people who do in fact lower their carb count dramatically during a cut....their carb content could not possibly be enough to fuel a solid workout and give them the energy and physical capacity to go to an 8 hour a day job before or after that time frame.

I am not aiming to start an arguement here...I just think you mis-understood what I was saying when I posted my last reply.
    For the most efficient fatty acid oxidation carbohydrates must be sufficient. As you mentioned that competitive bodybuilders will significantly reduce their carbohydrate intake before a contest which I do not doubt. One carbohydrate molecule binds three water molecules I believe, which would cause a 'bloat'. Which is why most of the weight lost initially and slowly throughout a low carbohydrate cut is water weight and not actual fat. When carbohydrates are significantly low, the body will convert other substrates to glucose via gluconeogenesis to provide a means to resynthesize ATP which is much slower than the phosphagen system and glycolysis when carbohydrates are high.
  18. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

Russ, I fully understand that and I appreciate you explaining it for anyone that does not understand it. Like i said in the beginning, I was playing devil's advocate to a situation which clearly...there isn't much of an answer for without choosing an alternative energy source. Thus, the title Devil's Advocate role I used.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  19. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.39%

It's no problem. It gives me something to do when I'm bored. :-)
  20. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

It's no problem. It gives me something to do when I'm bored. :-)
    So what else do you do when you're bored? Eat a bunch of carbs i'd gather?
    www.millenniumsport.net
  21. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.39%

Ya man. I love carbs!:bb:
  22. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

Ya man. I love carbs!:bb:
    meeeeeee tooo....wait uhhh...I mean uhh...

Damn...there goes Devil's Advocate.
    www.millenniumsport.net
  23. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.39%

meeeeeee tooo....wait uhhh...I mean uhh...

Damn...there goes Devil's Advocate.
    hahahaha
  24. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.25%

1 or 2 geranium caps + caffeine. Gets my lazy ass off the couch every time.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  234 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.01%
    Achievements Posting Pro

geranium, tyrosine, chocamine, caffeine, PEA, hordenine these are all good choices when ur body needs a little lift now and then...i know that i use this combination all the time especially the tyrosine, PEA, caffeine because im always on CKD...which sucks...
  26. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    Jacked is the best supplement for energy by far plus no jitters. Try it I guarantee you will agree.
    By far? Many people would disagree my friend. I have a tub, and yeah its a solid pre workout, but alot of others out there.....And if you stim sensitive Jacked DOES give you jitters cause you need 3 scoops.
    Jacked, JP8, RPM the list goes on. try a few diff ones man.
  27. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    By far? Many people would disagree my friend. I have a tub, and yeah its a solid pre workout, but alot of others out there.....And if you stim sensitive Jacked DOES give you jitters cause you need 3 scoops.
    Jacked, JP8, RPM the list goes on. try a few diff ones man.
    I only use 2 scoops and I get no jitters, but I'm diff not caffeine sensitive:P but I found it worked better then JP8, but I've seen a lot of people think JP8 is the best, never tried RPM but I've tried no-explode, super pump 250, black powder, horse power, muscle rush, adrenaline, JP8 etc. So I take that statement back Jacked works the best for me, but it is one of the best pre-workout supplements out there.
  28. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    I only use 2 scoops and I get no jitters, but I'm diff not caffeine sensitive:P but I found it worked better then JP8, but I've seen a lot of people think JP8 is the best, never tried RPM but I've tried no-explode, super pump 250, black powder, horse power, muscle rush, adrenaline, JP8 etc. So I take that statement back Jacked works the best for me, but it is one of the best pre-workout supplements out there.
    Fair call mate where you as disappointed with Black powder as i was? what a crock of S**T that stuff was, they talked it up like it would make you superman and it did ZERO! Your lucky you can get away with 2 scoops bro. I wish. I only got 15 servings out of my tub. Just out of curiousity, did you use just the one scoop of JP8? Its the next one Im looking at getting.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.91%

Quote Originally Posted by OzzY SluGGa View Post
    Fair call mate where you as disappointed with Black powder as i was? what a crock of S**T that stuff was, they talked it up like it would make you superman and it did ZERO! Your lucky you can get away with 2 scoops bro. I wish. I only got 15 servings out of my tub. Just out of curiousity, did you use just the one scoop of JP8? Its the next one Im looking at getting.
    I used 2 scoops of JP8 as well It was ok better then a lot out there, but I kept burping up the grape through my whole workout, it was nasty lol. I love the taste of Jacked, and yes I had such high hopes for black powder, it was very discouraging Jacked has me for life now
  30. MST Reppin Hard!
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.07%

I have tasted some pretty awful pre w/o's in my time! One of the best tasting and most effective (not even being biased here) is Ragnarok. There are many reviews on the boards here on it, as well as the ability to receive samples at our webpage.

I have always loved a pre workout product that offers stim and non stim versions!
    www.millenniumsport.net
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.07%

Thumbs up

i have to say 'jacked ' is great for me ! nice energy ! smoooth ! awesome focus ! no jitters ! :bruce3:
  32. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.19%

I actually always liked "shock therapy" tooo. Old school I know, but always had me cranking and Im one stim proof Mofo

Similar Forum Threads

1. Between workouts?
    By axeman in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2008, 09:34 AM
  2. Workouts..
    By LCSULLA in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 03:39 PM
  3. Workouts.
    By LCSULLA in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1