What do you think of these supplements?

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
Okay well this is kind of a long story :sad6: but one of my friends had a bunch of supplements that he never used anymore so he gave me a 2.*lb tub of muscle milk (vanilla creme i think though that doesnt really matter), a 2.*lb tub of that GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60, and a 44 pak of animal pak all for 40 bucks! He needed some quick money, i looked it up on gnc (though i dont shop there it is where many of my friends do) and it added up to over $150 i think so i was very happy.

Then i asked another one of my friends if he had any supplements he didnt want since i just got this steal. He has a 1000g GNC Pro Performance® Creatine Monohydrate and a half full 1000g one so thats 1500g of creatine monohydrate for $15! i thought i should jump on that one too! I decided to let him keep using his cell tech hardcore and other overpriced creatines and snag this from him :D

Anyways right now i am taking GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 not the one i got from my friend but one i bought. I realize now it probably wasn't a wise choice. Next i will be taking the Muscle Milk along side the creatine for a month and then the other wheybolic along the creatine.

My questions are, what do you think of these supplements?
I have heard the creatine monohydrate is better than other creatines that are very expensive, is this true?
What is a protein that is relatively cheap and will help me with my diet/post workout?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

PS sorry for the long post :sad6:

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Okay well this is kind of a long story :sad6: but one of my friends had a bunch of supplements that he never used anymore so he gave me a 2.*lb tub of muscle milk (vanilla creme i think though that doesnt really matter), a 2.*lb tub of that GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60, and a 44 pak of animal pak all for 40 bucks! He needed some quick money, i looked it up on gnc (though i dont shop there it is where many of my friends do) and it added up to over $150 i think so i was very happy.

Then i asked another one of my friends if he had any supplements he didnt want since i just got this steal. He has a 1000g GNC Pro Performance® Creatine Monohydrate and a half full 1000g one so thats 1500g of creatine monohydrate for $15! i thought i should jump on that one too! I decided to let him keep using his cell tech hardcore and other overpriced creatines and snag this from him :D

Anyways right now i am taking GNC Wheybolic Extreme 60 not the one i got from my friend but one i bought. I realize now it probably wasn't a wise choice. Next i will be taking the Muscle Milk along side the creatine for a month and then the other wheybolic along the creatine.

My questions are, what do you think of these supplements?
I have heard the creatine monohydrate is better than other creatines that are very expensive, is this true?
What is a protein that is relatively cheap and will help me with my diet/post workout?

Thanks in advance,
Rich

PS sorry for the long post :sad6:
What is your diet? gaining, cutting.... I've only tried the wheybolic once, tasted alright i guess for gnc. Though it's just a protein with leucine and iso-leucine to the best of my recollection. which isnt bad but at 60 bucks for 2lbs average thats a horrible price just get a clean whey isolate and lots of chicken daily it'll double the leucine easy and amp your protein up significantly. Muscle milk tastes amazing in my opinion but has no significant edge on any other protein as far as bcaa content, protein per scoop or even the aminogen. All the whey and trueprotein are my personal favs. check those out for sure.
Creatine mono has worked just as well for me when using creatine as ester. So that is a good deal, provided you do the whole loading phase and everything correctly it should give good ATP production and the water retention most look for. be sure to keep well hydrated though. The Animal pak was a steal end of story! restock on that when you need to.

You got good deals on everything, I wouldnt have bought the second wheybolic but being an ex GNC employee all i can say is hopefully you're still in the first month, return that **** before the end with a story of false promised results and get a refund man... Good idea posting, hopefully others give you additional feedback and critique what i've said if they find a semantic error or fact check my stuff lol. I'm no pro i've just tried alot of GNC's crap when i was employed there (employee disc made it stomachable) and i'll tell you this now: Protein, Creatine, Glutamine, Arginine, Vitamins, some thermo/caffeine based fat burners and a handful of misc. stuff are about all they sell thats worth your time and certainly your money. If you have questions on specific additional products (than the ones named) feel free to ask man!!
Good luck whatever your goals are!

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
What is your diet? gaining, cutting.... I've only tried the wheybolic once, tasted alright i guess for gnc. Though it's just a protein with leucine and iso-leucine to the best of my recollection. which isnt bad but at 60 bucks for 2lbs average thats a horrible price just get a clean whey isolate and lots of chicken daily it'll double the leucine easy and amp your protein up significantly. Muscle milk tastes amazing in my opinion but has no significant edge on any other protein as far as bcaa content, protein per scoop or even the aminogen. All the whey and trueprotein are my personal favs. check those out for sure.
Creatine mono has worked just as well for me when using creatine as ester. So that is a good deal, provided you do the whole loading phase and everything correctly it should give good ATP production and the water retention most look for. be sure to keep well hydrated though. The Animal pak was a steal end of story! restock on that when you need to.

You got good deals on everything, I wouldnt have bought the second wheybolic but being an ex GNC employee all i can say is hopefully you're still in the first month, return that **** before the end with a story of false promised results and get a refund man... Good idea posting, hopefully others give you additional feedback and critique what i've said if they find a semantic error or fact check my stuff lol. I'm no pro i've just tried alot of GNC's crap when i was employed there (employee disc made it stomachable) and i'll tell you this now: Protein, Creatine, Glutamine, Arginine, Vitamins, some thermo/caffeine based fat burners and a handful of misc. stuff are about all they sell thats worth your time and certainly your money. If you have questions on specific additional products (than the ones named) feel free to ask man!!
Good luck whatever your goals are!
Thanks for your input bro, i am gaining right now btw and i have a pretty healthy diet. I take in around 3,500 to 4000 good calories, plenty of protein, and a fairly balanced diet. They first wheybolic is the one i bought from GNC for 45 or so :irked:. Then i end up getting wheybolic, muscle milk, and animal pak all for 40!!! I just decided to get all three since it was too good of an offer to refuse :run:

Thanks again for the information! I have now decided to order my supps online since it is much cheaper :D And you think just a good whey protein isolate should be good enough?

Rich

stefang

Awards
Extra BCAA's & Glutamine will help.
BCAA's pre/during/post workout.
Glutamine pre/post as well

I really like XTEND from Scivation for that. Can be little pricey, since I am 240lbs+, but for your body weight, you don't need that many servings.

If you wish to increase strength, look into Beta Alanine, Wheat Germ and/or Betaine.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your input bro, i am gaining right now btw and i have a pretty healthy diet. I take in around 3,500 to 4000 good calories, plenty of protein, and a fairly balanced diet. They first wheybolic is the one i bought from GNC for 45 or so :irked:. Then i end up getting wheybolic, muscle milk, and animal pak all for 40!!! I just decided to get all three since it was too good of an offer to refuse :run:

Thanks again for the information! I have now decided to order my supps online since it is much cheaper :D And you think just a good whey protein isolate should be good enough?

Rich
I love NP's online buying setup. Cheap when you buy all your stuff at once the shipping isn't so bad.

For your protein alone I would say that an isolate is sufficient but look at trueprotein.com that site is amazing for formulating ideas...

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Extra BCAA's & Glutamine will help.
BCAA's pre/during/post workout.
Glutamine pre/post as well

I really like XTEND from Scivation for that. Can be little pricey, since I am 240lbs+, but for your body weight, you don't need that many servings.

If you wish to increase strength, look into Beta Alanine, Wheat Germ and/or Betaine.
Too true, you're hit just about every one of the "handful of others" i spoke of in my first post. ZMA and liver tabs are the only others i can think of actually.

Too many people overlook the glutamine in post workout. When you're bulking you're putting your muscles under alot of stress, why not cut them some slack... Feeling pain post workout doesn't necessarily mean that gains are coming! and hell why inhibit your ability to get back in there and do work again as soon as able?!?

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Too true, you're hit just about every one of the "handful of others" i spoke of in my first post. ZMA and liver tabs are the only others i can think of actually.

Too many people overlook the glutamine in post workout. When you're bulking you're putting your muscles under alot of stress, why not cut them some slack... Feeling pain post workout doesn't necessarily mean that gains are coming! and hell why inhibit your ability to get back in there and do work again as soon as able?!?
Im sure I read a whole thread round here somewhere that says Glutamine is useless as it does not survive the digestion process in any significant dose. I could be wrong, I am just saying alot of people were citing research etc saying its useless.:run:

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Im sure I read a whole thread round here somewhere that says Glutamine is useless as it does not survive the digestion process in any significant dose. I could be wrong, I am just saying alot of people were citing research etc saying its useless.:run:
That may be, from personal experience not scientifically based i've felt it aid. I've seen a post stating that protein powder is useless, in his defense he was justifying this statement with his diet being high enough in protein that it wasnt necessary. But you'll see posts making bold statements everywhere on here, many of them backed up and true. A little research goes a long way i guess, and i may go do some on glutamine later tonight

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That may be, from personal experience not scientifically based i've felt it aid. I've seen a post stating that protein powder is useless, in his defense he was justifying this statement with his diet being high enough in protein that it wasnt necessary. But you'll see posts making bold statements everywhere on here, many of them backed up and true. A little research goes a long way i guess, and i may go do some on glutamine later tonight
Indeed well said. If you feel like it works for you take it anyway I say.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Indeed well said. If you feel like it works for you take it anyway I say.
Hell Glutamine is cheap enough at least. it's not some Name brand specific supp, and dosage is dependent on circumstance. Gotta love that freedom.

Good posts in response OzzY, shootin' you some rep

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
glutamine is like 9 bucks at walmart bodyfortess brand. Put a tablespoon in ur protien shake with 2 fish oils and a vitamin. take it after ur workout and take a **** and ur ready to eat some more! thats the way i do it. i feel glutamine helps alot, i felt like i could workout twice a day on it.

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
glutamine is like 9 bucks at walmart bodyfortess brand. Put a tablespoon in ur protien shake with 2 fish oils and a vitamin. take it after ur workout and take a **** and ur ready to eat some more! thats the way i do it. i feel glutamine helps alot, i felt like i could workout twice a day on it.
Very cool. What do you guys think of the Body Fortress line? Im kinda tight on money so when i run out of **** i have i was thinking about stopping over @ wal mart and using my gift card there to get some protein or somethin. Are any of the supplements @ wal mart decent?

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Very cool. What do you guys think of the Body Fortress line? Im kinda tight on money so when i run out of **** i have i was thinking about stopping over @ wal mart and using my gift card there to get some protein or somethin. Are any of the supplements @ wal mart decent?
I use their protein right now because i was tight on cash after buying a 12 week run of test enanthate and Dbol with pct. Tastes like **** on its own but its got good stats.... NP has some good deals on All The Whey right now that rival this ones cost exactly before shipping but taste amazing. i'm getting some cinnamon bun flavor when i get a little more cash. here is the sale- http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/all-the-whey/. Body Fortress has decent creatine but creatine is universally similar when in mono powder form. Havent tried any of their other stuff but im sure its decent.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well you can't go wrong with what you got for those prices.

NP's bulk creatine mono is micronized and dirt cheap, it's what I usually recommend. Glutamine is also pretty cheap, $25 for a kilo . Some guys swear by it, I don't use it much. That ATW deal on whey is pretty hot price wise; I would stock up if I could. It will taste better than the protein at Walmart.

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL, You AMericans are funny! EVERYTHING is cheap for you guys. Try buying supplements (no matter what sort) overseas! We pay sometimes 4x the price. When I went to try Jacked not long ago, only Aus store I found that stocked it wanted $99! Before postage! i went through NP instead and after exchange rate, AND express post to Aus an STILL was less than half price :D You dont know how good you got it.

Im moving to America man! at least long enough to do a good P/H cycle. :usa2:
Unless someone can come up with an Idea to get a bottle of "the one" to me? NP reps and AN reps Im looking at you!:biglaugh:

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
I use their protein right now because i was tight on cash after buying a 12 week run of test enanthate and Dbol with pct. Tastes like **** on its own but its got good stats.... NP has some good deals on All The Whey right now that rival this ones cost exactly before shipping but taste amazing. i'm getting some cinnamon bun flavor when i get a little more cash. here is the sale- . Body Fortress has decent creatine but creatine is universally similar when in mono powder form. Havent tried any of their other stuff but im sure its decent.
How is All The Whey's WPI? Very good price :biglaugh:

Well you can't go wrong with what you got for those prices.

NP's bulk creatine mono is micronized and dirt cheap, it's what I usually recommend. Glutamine is also pretty cheap, $25 for a kilo. Some guys swear by it, I don't use it much. That ATW deal on whey is pretty hot price wise; I would stock up if I could. It will taste better than the protein at Walmart.
Yeah thats what i was thinking too :fingersx:That mono is damn cheap @ NP too i will probably get that when i run out of this mono thanks for the links man :)

LOL, You AMericans are funny! EVERYTHING is cheap for you guys. Try buying supplements (no matter what sort) overseas! We pay sometimes 4x the price. When I went to try Jacked not long ago, only Aus store I found that stocked it wanted $99! Before postage! i went through NP instead and after exchange rate, AND express post to Aus an STILL was less than half price :D You dont know how good you got it.

Unless someone can come up with an Idea to get a bottle of "the one" to me? NP reps and AN reps Im looking at you!:biglaugh:
LOL! Hey i have never gone through buying supps overseas but when i have the option to get **** about half as cheap online as opposed to GNC i sure will do it! :biglaugh:

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established

OUCH!!! Sorry to hear that! finding a buddy here to buy at the lowest cost possible and shipping it to you in bulk is probabaly the best way

OzzY SluGGa

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OUCH!!! Sorry to hear that! finding a buddy here to buy at the lowest cost possible and shipping it to you in bulk is probabaly the best way
Just makes me laugh Boys (in a good natured way) when I hear Americans complain bout supp prices. LOL, everything is cheap In US man, I been there and was blown away. I bought a litre bottle of Vodka in Hawaii for i think bout $15. the same bottle in Aus would be $60-$70. haha, you got it made in the shade fellas! That new supp "the one" looks F***ing sick! an all you gotta do is order it. I cant even get it here!
Did someone say Glutamine for $9?? Jesus, I couldnt get it here for less than $40...and thats for a small container.

Right, that's it. Im coming over boys! besides, your girls love us:biglaugh:
When I was in Texas...whoa mumma...the girl couldn't get enough. It was the best! then I came home and was back to reality. hahaha

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Just makes me laugh Boys (in a good natured way) when I hear Americans complain bout supp prices. LOL, everything is cheap In US man, I been there and was blown away. I bought a litre bottle of Vodka in Hawaii for i think bout $15. the same bottle in Aus would be $60-$70. haha, you got it made in the shade fellas! That new supp "the one" looks F***ing sick! an all you gotta do is order it. I cant even get it here!
Did someone say Glutamine for $9?? Jesus, I couldnt get it here for less than $40...and thats for a small container.

Right, that's it. Im coming over boys! besides, your girls love us:biglaugh:
When I was in Texas...whoa mumma...the girl couldn't get enough. It was the best! then I came home and was back to reality. hahaha
Girls there go crazy for american boys?? lol If so lets work out an exchange program haha