fish oil and fish?

MHA

Awards
  • Established
I was just think can I open up like 2 or 3 fish oil gels and use it to fry my fish a lil better?

pfafkl13

Awards
I don't see why you couldn't do that.

Personally, I would just use olive oil or cooking spray.

stefang

Awards
Unnecessary. Olive oil would be great >> oleic acid is also very healthy, and by opening those fish oil caps, you will create a mess and waiste your time.

However, if you have a liquid Fish Oil formulation, that would work the best.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Unnecessary. Olive oil would be great >> oleic acid is also very healthy, and by opening those fish oil caps, you will create a mess and waiste your time.

However, if you have a liquid Fish Oil formulation, that would work the best.

The oleic acid is good. If you've ever tried liquid fish oil you know the taste isnt exactly enjoyable, i'd imagine frying with it wouldnt be better. To be honest never really thought of trying that though, good post OP

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I would just use EVOO...opening gel caps sounds like too much of a hassle...

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I was just think can I open up like 2 or 3 fish oil gels and use it to fry my fish a lil better?
Doesnt sound like it would taste good, at all.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
By the way fish oil gels smell ... I would NOT want those puppies to break open, lol.

briancogs888

Awards
Fish oils contain a lot of polyunsaturated fats which are easily oxidized. Olive oil, like someone said, is mostly oleic acid which is monounsaturated and is much harder to oxidize. Coconut oil, which is roughly 92% saturated fat, would virtually not oxidize, however it is a saturated fat. The biproducts that occur from this oxidation are free radicals. I would stick with olive oil.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19