GNC's ultra potent transresveratrol

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
so i was on the GNC website bored and they have high potency transresveratrol for a low low price of $75. I just had to write them an e-mail... i'll post a response if i ever receive one.

"I was on your website and just noticed that your transresveratrol was $75. You mind if I ask why you guys sell almost everything in your store for retail price? I don't think there's any stores anywhere that sells their products for suggested retail. Not to mention you don't have any products in your transresveratrol to help with absorption because as a health nutrition store you probably should know that it's pretty much useless without that because it has a horrible absorption rate when taken orally. You guys might be a more respected company if you actually trained your employees and the rest of your staff to know anything about supplementation."

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
so i was on the GNC website bored and they have high potency transresveratrol for a low low price of $75. I just had to write them an e-mail... i'll post a response if i ever receive one.

"I was on your website and just noticed that your transresveratrol was $75. You mind if I ask why you guys sell almost everything in your store for retail price? I don't think there's any stores anywhere that sells their products for suggested retail. Not to mention you don't have any products in your transresveratrol to help with absorption because as a health nutrition store you probably should know that it's pretty much useless without that because it has a horrible absorption rate when taken orally. You guys might be a more respected company if you actually trained your employees and the rest of your staff to know anything about supplementation."
lmao. nice!

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
i completely agree with you. nice post
i went in for their buy one get one half off on all sports nutrition sale... everything was retail price. so like ON whey was $80 but u get the 2nd half off

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Rip off. Most the products I buy since I buy in bulk with my buddys from my office we get it at whole sale.

JayV

Banned
Awards
Umm, not to take up for GNC, but why would you ask them why a product that another company manufactures does or doesn't have certain ingredients. That product is not a GNC product it is produced by Biotivia.
I mean do you email GNC and ask why Optimum nutrition protein tastes so crappy or why BSN uses sh!t like corn syrup solids in their products?
I don't.
Everyone here knows about GNC and their pricing and general lack of employee knowledge.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Umm, not to take up for GNC, but why would you ask them why a product that another company manufactures does or doesn't have certain ingredients. That product is not a GNC product it is produced by Biotivia.
I mean do you email GNC and ask why Optimum nutrition protein tastes so crappy or why BSN uses sh!t like corn syrup solids in their products?
I don't.
Everyone here knows about GNC and their pricing and general lack of employee knowledge.
well um... they get to decide what products they carry. companies just don't bring stuff in and set it on the shelf

JayV

Banned
Awards
well um... they get to decide what products they carry. companies just don't bring stuff in and set it on the shelf
That's right, and do you believe they decide what products to carry after doing an in-depth study of them and their contents or do they carry what can make them the most money?
Then the employees just sit it on the shelf:wink1:

Jay

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I worked at GNC when i was younger, such a **** job. They teach nothing but the basics at best. I was trained for 2 weeks then my flakey ass boss left all the time effectively making an employee of two weeks the only one working there everyday a manager. I had to field every question from customers imaginable... I spent any and all down time studying just to keep from sounding like a moron. learned alot but it was a job not school. GNC is a dispicable corporation, no more needs to be said.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I worked at GNC when i was younger, such a **** job. They teach nothing but the basics at best. I was trained for 2 weeks then my flakey ass boss left all the time effectively making an employee of two weeks the only one working there everyday a manager. I had to field every question from customers imaginable... I spent any and all down time studying just to keep from sounding like a moron. learned alot but it was a job not school. GNC is a dispicable corporation, no more needs to be said.
hahahahahaha that sounds exactly what happened to me when i got hired there. except i didn't get 2 week training. my boss would sit their and ring out customers while talking on her cell phone and would never touch the shipment when it came in. then she'd be mad the next day when it wasn't done.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
That's right, and do you believe they decide what products to carry after doing an in-depth study of them and their contents or do they carry what can make them the most money?
Then the employees just sit it on the shelf:wink1:

Jay
it wouldn't take much research to see its junk.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
hahahahahaha that sounds exactly what happened to me when i got hired there. except i didn't get 2 week training. my boss would sit their and ring out customers while talking on her cell phone and would never touch the shipment when it came in. then she'd be mad the next day when it wasn't done.
Exactly steal all the commission and avoid responsibilities. My ****ing boss would only show up the very minimum and when i had a customer looking at muscletech or something that had commission she'd steal that ****! pissed me off. then just stopped coming all together. I was alone with all that stuff seriously contemplating a "must have gotten stolen" or two to be honest!!

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
To anyone not familiar with the policies of General Nutrition Center I'd advise you try (if you have the cash able to float for a month) whatever pricey supp you've been eyeballing and keep the reciept. their policy is on the back of it, return it for a full refund before the month is up. they have to give you the money back. it's their policy :laughing:

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
I don't buy anything at GNC but do stop by to check on prices and mostly to listen in on conversations between store clerks and other customers - lots of interesting and often made up stuff, very sad and misleading.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
I don't buy anything at GNC but do stop by to check on prices and mostly to listen in on conversations between store clerks and other customers - lots of interesting and often made up stuff, very sad and misleading.
This doesnt even REMOTELY surprise me. Lucky you, not being one of the poor niave teens going in there under the disillusioned thought that most of their employees want to help. No they want their gold cards sold, and to make as much commission as they can, which means stuff they dont need. Seen the elderly suckered into buying many unnecessary supps by some salespeople at the mall near me too, its just sad

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
To anyone not familiar with the policies of General Nutrition Center I'd advise you try (if you have the cash able to float for a month) whatever pricey supp you've been eyeballing and keep the reciept. their policy is on the back of it, return it for a full refund before the month is up. they have to give you the money back. it's their policy :laughing:
Mwahahahahaha oh what i can do with that, ill have to check and see if i have any receipts to read the policy. You can just return a product mostly used for full refund?

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
its so funny how at gnc u go in and u ask say... How good is this Nano vapor and the guy gained 40 pounds on his bench from it.. How good is this Hexagen or w/e he gained 60 on his bench from that. Ask them about 4-5 products they have used and they have gained about 150 pounds on there max bench press.

Not to mention even if there max was 0 i doubt some of them could push 150.

The other day the lady told me the gnc multivitamin had more energy then hydroxcut hardcore. and idk why i would pay 50 for it when i can pop like 2 centrum a day and get what i need. Not to mention everythign in preworkouts and shakes.

They tried to sell me Haladrol even though the DHEA is not to be toched till ur 40? i think ive read on here.

Also tried to get me to use methyl 1-d without any PCT or Formadrol or w/e ur suppose to cycle it with.

And they dog on every animal product out there saying its garbage.

Then u have the girl who sells u prodcuts by using her tits.

Then u have the guy who tells u no matter what that u need a tub of protien.
Even if u want workout energy, a T booster anything.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Mwahahahahaha oh what i can do with that, ill have to check and see if i have any receipts to read the policy. You can just return a product mostly used for full refund?
If you have a legit or even sometimes non legit reason behind the return. EG. didnt gain when it said i would. and if they say no point out what the receipt says, however on occasion they can tell you no if the bottle is fully empty...

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
its so funny how at gnc u go in and u ask say... How good is this Nano vapor and the guy gained 40 pounds on his bench from it.. How good is this Hexagen or w/e he gained 60 on his bench from that. Ask them about 4-5 products they have used and they have gained about 150 pounds on there max bench press.

Not to mention even if there max was 0 i doubt some of them could push 150.

The other day the lady told me the gnc multivitamin had more energy then hydroxcut hardcore. and idk why i would pay 50 for it when i can pop like 2 centrum a day and get what i need. Not to mention everythign in preworkouts and shakes.

They tried to sell me Haladrol even though the DHEA is not to be toched till ur 40? i think ive read on here.

Also tried to get me to use methyl 1-d without any PCT or Formadrol or w/e ur suppose to cycle it with.

And they dog on every animal product out there saying its garbage.

Then u have the girl who sells u prodcuts by using her tits.

Then u have the guy who tells u no matter what that u need a tub of protien.
Even if u want workout energy, a T booster anything.
Yup! We should perform a "consumer report" of sorts on them... lol

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
haha we should do a consumer reports on them..

i personally find it hilarious a 140 pound outta shape guy has seen great gains from any product thats like 80 bucks..Or when he said it helps him threw hard workouts. like no dude ur outta shape and and never worked out in ur life..

i mean nothing against fat ppl but if u r gonna b.s me and tell me u workout so i dump my money on your products im gonna tell it like it is.

I straight up told the worker the other day if i dont feel nanovapor like u say i will ill be back in here tommorow to return it.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Nano vapor is so sketchy anyway. It's got everything i've ever seen on its content label. Thats not science, thats putting every other thing people like into one thing and taking credit for an "amazing breakthrough". I'm not exactly impressed by such idiocy

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
If you have a legit or even sometimes non legit reason behind the return. EG. didnt gain when it said i would. and if they say no point out what the receipt says, however on occasion they can tell you no if the bottle is fully empty...
Well how bout if I use like 1/2 or 3/4 of it :tongue2:

haha we should do a consumer reports on them..

i personally find it hilarious a 140 pound outta shape guy has seen great gains from any product thats like 80 bucks..Or when he said it helps him threw hard workouts. like no dude ur outta shape and and never worked out in ur life..

i mean nothing against fat ppl but if u r gonna b.s me and tell me u workout so i dump my money on your products im gonna tell it like it is.

I straight up told the worker the other day if i dont feel nanovapor like u say i will ill be back in here tommorow to return it.
Yeah i completely agree

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
yea i like the return policy that way i can try new supplements without having to order it wait for em to come and if i dont like it return it and pay shipping to ship it back.

at gnc get cash back right away.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
all resveratol products have a crappy absorption rate,

what you have to do is break the capsule open, put 100-200mg in a small amount of water and doing it buccal ffor a few minutes and then swallow.

you want to do about 200mg max and twice a day as for some reason the absorption rate decreases with a larger amount.

doing resveratol buccaly translates into savings. at about $1 a gr (or $6 a gr at GNC, lol), 100-200mg buccal = about 5-15 GRAMS orally.

trans is better orally, since your going to swallow it anyways i would get the trans, do buccal and then swallow, dong spit that turns me off.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
all resveratol products have a crappy absorption rate,

what you have to do is break the capsule open, put 100-200mg in a small amount of water and doing it buccal ffor a few minutes and then swallow.

you want to do about 200mg max and twice a day as for some reason the absorption rate decreases with a larger amount.

doing resveratol buccaly translates into savings. at about $1 a gr (or $6 a gr at GNC, lol), 100-200mg buccal = about 5-15 GRAMS orally.

trans is better orally, since your going to swallow it anyways i would get the trans, do buccal and then swallow, dong spit that turns me off.
yea but u can put products in to help with absorption. how much they help i don't think is known but some is better than none

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea but u can put products in to help with absorption. how much they help i don't think is known but some is better than none
thats why you save money, get plain trans-res and do it buccal style, it works!

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
Well how bout if I use like 1/2 or 3/4 of it :tongue2:
Yup you can still get your money back if you know their policy. though dont do it TOO often, you get put on a list of sorts and it gets shady from there. only heard of one guy being on a list. but he went store to store emptying bottles and returning them every month several stores each month for at least a year that i know of.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha i got my response... they offered me a friggin coupon

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to contact GNC. We appreciate comments and suggestions from our valued customers.

For non-GNC brand products, our prices reflect the manufacturers' suggested retail price.

For GNC brand products, prices are determined by the price of raw materials, manufacturing costs, and distribution costs. We constantly strive to get more favorable raw material prices and to maximize operational efficiencies to keep our prices competitive.

Please accept a GNC coupon good toward any purchase in the store. Please reply to this email with your mailing address, and we'll be happy to send you a coupon via the U.S. Postal Service ground mail.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value you as a customer and will forward your concerns to the proper area. If you have any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1-888-462-2548.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
hahahaha i got my response... they offered me a friggin coupon

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to contact GNC. We appreciate comments and suggestions from our valued customers.

For non-GNC brand products, our prices reflect the manufacturers' suggested retail price.

For GNC brand products, prices are determined by the price of raw materials, manufacturing costs, and distribution costs. We constantly strive to get more favorable raw material prices and to maximize operational efficiencies to keep our prices competitive.

Please accept a GNC coupon good toward any purchase in the store. Please reply to this email with your mailing address, and we'll be happy to send you a coupon via the U.S. Postal Service ground mail.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We value you as a customer and will forward your concerns to the proper area. If you have any more questions or comments, please do not hesitate to reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department toll-free at 1-888-462-2548.
i replied to them and said nobody in the world sells products at suggested retail and it's usually $10 less or more.

twistedfords

Awards
  • Established
Gnc is a rip off. unless UPS shuts down I will not buy anything from them. You can get a better price on any online store. And a better selection of good sold.

GNC is like any big company on walstreet. Out to just rip anyone off.

Cfour

Cfour

Awards
  • Established
Gnc is a rip off. unless UPS shuts down I will not buy anything from them. You can get a better price on any online store. And a better selection of good sold.

GNC is like any big company on walstreet. Out to just rip anyone off.
OK...noone here likes GNC. I'm not crazy bout em either...very pricey. But I'm also scared of getting ripped by an online store. So where do yall buy your supps?

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
OK...noone here likes GNC. I'm not crazy bout em either...very pricey. But I'm also scared of getting ripped by an online store. So where do yall buy your supps?
For the most part with online if they ask for a credit card they could be trustworth just research em. But if they ask for money order or some **** dont do it

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
buy everything from nutraplanet.com this boards sponsor. great sight huge selection of regular and bulk products and the customer service/shipping is excellent

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
HAHAHAHAHAHA i responded with this

"My address is written below. And if you're just sending me a 10% coupon or something like that keep it because I could still get my products elsewhere cheaper."

and the response I got was this...

"Dear Jamie,

We can send you two $5 coupons. Please indicate whether you would like us to send these to you or not. Thank you.

Bret

GNC Customer Service

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
HAHAHAHAHAHA i responded with this

"My address is written below. And if you're just sending me a 10% coupon or something like that keep it because I could still get my products elsewhere cheaper."

and the response I got was this...

"Dear Jamie,

We can send you two $5 coupons. Please indicate whether you would like us to send these to you or not. Thank you.

Bret

GNC Customer Service
Actually laughed out loud for that one

TexasTitan

TexasTitan

Awards
  • Established
Did you mention you can get the same stuff from nutraplanet for like 35 bucks?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i dont know how they stay in business

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
there's probably a stipulation where u can't use both $5 coupons on the same purchase too

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
And not during gold card week, and they probably expire in like a month!
the gold card it so stupid. u can use it the first 7 days of the month but u have to pay for it and we're going to make sure nothing is on sale that week

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
when i bought 17hd by vyotech for $80 i was getting great results. saw it for like 29.95 online took it back the next day and was asked whats wrong with it? i was like oo it works great. and i feel good. Id feel better with $50 bucks in my pocket and the same product i get online. but thanks for the free trial hah.

RichardF12

RichardF12

Awards
Yup you can still get your money back if you know their policy. though dont do it TOO often, you get put on a list of sorts and it gets shady from there. only heard of one guy being on a list. but he went store to store emptying bottles and returning them every month several stores each month for at least a year that i know of.
lol thats ridiculous i was thinking of doing it like once or twice a year when im in a squeeze :p

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
lol thats ridiculous i was thinking of doing it like once or twice a year when im in a squeeze :p
the best is if u know somebody that works at a GNC or vitamin world. they buy it take like half of it return it and then you take the other half out of the return bin.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
Uh on... you're going to unleash a can of worms with that one.
i worked at vitamin world and GNC and vitamin world was better they didn't care as long as u left the bottle there. so u just got to dump it in a bag and take it home.

elementrip

elementrip

Awards
  • Established
the best is if u know somebody that works at a GNC or vitamin world. they buy it take like half of it return it and then you take the other half out of the return bin.
I like vitamin world a bit more than GNC. Actually there arent anymore jobs around my place right now so i may have to work at a vitamin shoppe for a little bit. I'm so burned out on supp stores after working at a GNC.

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
so my two $5 coupons came in the mail today(how genrous) and to show that GNC isn't all bad they only allow 1 coupon per transaction so I can get a whole $5 off my $20 marked up purchase... twice